The Student Room Group

People who smoke + have tattoos/piercings are most promiscuous

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Barden
wow, seeing as i've had less sex since i started smoking, i must be doing it wrong? :dontknow:

What? The smoking or the sex? :wink: try not to do both at the same time it won't end well.
Oh goodie! A nice, original thread with new issues to discuss!

/sarcasm

My friend has a nose piercing and she's after a few more piercings and tattoos as well. She's the least promiscuous person I know. She's more or less oblivious to that kind of thing. She's completely and utterly clueless. It's pretty funny actually.
Reply 42
Original post by James4d
Well smoking and tattoos can be seen as an act of rebellion, so if they do smoke and have tattoos having plenty of sex is hardly going to phase them, and they're not worried about appearing to be a slut.

It's usually the extroverts who smoke and get tattoos, and very few extroverts I've met have been reserved about sex.

Untrue. What if you started smoking because of peer pressure, that's hardly sign of a extrovert personality is it.

Sex is often about an emotional connection with another person which is, with exceptions, not a part of getting tattooed. Saying that someone has tattoos so is naturally rebellious so is obviously going to be easy is ridiculous. I have erm 6/8 tattoos depending on how you count them, as well as a nose piercing and I did have my tongue pierced until a few weeks ago. I lost my virginity at 18 and have only ever been with one guy, my boyfriend of 14 months. I have my tattoos because I love tattoos, I think they are beautiful and I feel they connect me with people of similar musical/fashion taste, it's about been apart of a culture as well as personal meaning.

and how does smoking or having lots of tatttoos make you appear a slut? If you have tattoos on your ribs or stomach where they're not generally seen then they're obviously not there for other people. And even if they are visible I don't see why that shows an easy target as opposed to 'hey that girl has a nice dragon on her shoulder' or whatever.

The only argument I can see is if someone has a tattoo to blatantly attract sexual attention. Tattoos on the breasts or around the bikini line, but then maybe it's just that they think they have a nice ass and a tramp stamp draws attention to that, I'm not gonna judge them for that and the lower back is a practical place to have a tattoo in many ways.
Reply 43
Original post by robotwars
it doesnt apply to absolutely everyone. it does apply to the majority though. i have generally noticed over my life that those who smoke and those who have tattoos and piercings are the most promiscuous i.e. are more sexually liberated, tend to sleep around more, like to flaunt themselves sexually, not too bothered what people think about them being more sexually liberated, tend to go to clubs a lot (with an intention to make out or pull most likely). it applies to both guys and girls.

do other people observe this or is it only me?

you've left out alcohol!

*puts up neg rep shield*
Reply 44
Not always, the quiet ones are the worst.
Original post by Drunk Punx
Actually they're more an indication of the personal choices taken by that person concerning whether they want to smoke or have tattoos/piercings.

Common sense, really.

Uninhibited or extroverted people tend to do anything that is a bit frowned upon by society with more confidence. Tattoos, smoking, casual sex are all in that category of not-illegal-but-I-probably-wouldn't-tell-mom-about-it activities, so people who do one have a higher chance of doing the other. (yes, there are laid back mothers out there, but you know what I mean :smile: )

**debbie**
out of curiosity what do you mean by "underlying personality type"?

General attitude towards life. In this case, uninhibited extrovert or something along those lines.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 46
source? better be Heinz
Reply 47
Original post by wtfCharlie
Sometimes.

However I'm 15, with 4 piercings and 2 tattoos and I've never done ANYTHING. So, :P

Oh my God, what did your parents say? In Germany nobody would ever pierce or tattoo a teenager without parental permission.
Reply 48
hmmm
someone who smokes obviously doesnt prioritise their health so may be less worried about STDs and prefer having a good time.

as for piercings/tattoos.
i guess ti depends what its of. for example, my ex bf has a skanky girl living with him, she is bi and has the nasiest rep, ad will do anything for money. she has a stomach tattoo, a massive bithmark in the tramp stamp area, a toungue, nipple and two ear piercings. so yeah i think its true there

however i am a devout catholic 25 year old virgin (havent done oral either and have only had one bf) but i was thinking to get a navel piercing and a small paisley motif tattooed in the tramp stamp area because i like tribal fusion bellydancing . i also have my ears pierced three times (though i only wear one pair). so no i dont thisnk you can generalise.

i think tatts/peircings show a non conformist and open mindedness or shock factor appeal more than anything, im 100% celibate and have been for most of the part 6 years.i also have never drunk alcohol so i think my peircings and tatts show i dont feel the need to follow the crowd
Reply 49
Thank God someone has managed to define me by the way i looked, i was starting to wonder who i was.
Reply 50
Original post by robotwars
and i'm getting bored of saying i'm not generalising, if you would kindly read the first two sentences of my opening post. i know it doesnt apply to everyone. its safe to say that (at least according to my own experiences) it applies to most people.

now please, for people it doesn't apply to, stop trying to attack me with your claim that i'm generalising, because i am not.

haha :top: to you OP, i cant stand it on HR when you make a thread, state a generalisation and then specifically say 'this IS a generaliation but i know it doesnt apply to everyone',

then you get all the nerdy types writing 'omg generalisation much! not everybody is like that, I'm not like that blah blah blah im soo special and different blah blah so yeah not everyone is like that

READ THE FIRST SENTENCE ALREADY!!!
Reply 51
I smoke, have tattoos and piercings but am not, and never was promiscuous. Never knew I had a reputation( or should that be a generalisation) to live up to :tongue:
Reply 52
Original post by NaturalDisaster
Oh goodie! A nice, original thread with new issues to discuss!

/sarcasm

dont like it, dont post. its simple really. no-one forcing you to read it.
(edited 13 years ago)
what absolute drivel
Original post by shinytoy
dont like it, dont post. its simple really. no-one forcing you to read it.

I posted because I wanted to counteract the OP's point, which is why I went on to talk about my friend who has piercings and is totally not promiscuous. I reserve the right to make sarcastic comments when I feel like it. Simple really. No-ones forcing you to take notice.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by TheGardener
sure, and all immigrants are criminals, all american people are fat, all scottish people are ginger and eat haggis for every meal, and all australians are kangaroo enthusiasts.

get a clue, dip$hit

I just had to come in to back up OP because I cannot believe the stupidity of this comment. OP is just putting forward an idea that there may be a correlation between tattoos, smoking and promiscuity. Yes he is generalising but that is fine. It is a resonable comment that americans are on average fatter than from other parts of the world, that there are more ginger people in scotland than the rest of the world, that more haggis is eaten in scotland than England. There is nothing wrong with making generalised comments
Reply 56
Original post by Hachi
Untrue. What if you started smoking because of peer pressure, that's hardly sign of a extrovert personality is it.

Sex is often about an emotional connection with another person which is, with exceptions, not a part of getting tattooed. Saying that someone has tattoos so is naturally rebellious so is obviously going to be easy is ridiculous. I have erm 6/8 tattoos depending on how you count them, as well as a nose piercing and I did have my tongue pierced until a few weeks ago. I lost my virginity at 18 and have only ever been with one guy, my boyfriend of 14 months. I have my tattoos because I love tattoos, I think they are beautiful and I feel they connect me with people of similar musical/fashion taste, it's about been apart of a culture as well as personal meaning.

and how does smoking or having lots of tatttoos make you appear a slut? If you have tattoos on your ribs or stomach where they're not generally seen then they're obviously not there for other people. And even if they are visible I don't see why that shows an easy target as opposed to 'hey that girl has a nice dragon on her shoulder' or whatever.

The only argument I can see is if someone has a tattoo to blatantly attract sexual attention. Tattoos on the breasts or around the bikini line, but then maybe it's just that they think they have a nice ass and a tramp stamp draws attention to that, I'm not gonna judge them for that and the lower back is a practical place to have a tattoo in many ways.

It's called a generalisation sweetie.
Reply 57
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Oh my goodness, I got a new piercing on Saturday, I got with a guy on Tuesday, the two MUST be linked :rolleyes:

What did you get? :smile:

Original post by alharrison4
I'm getting rather bored of saying 'Generalisation much?' and explaining why the OP's assumption is wrong on threads like these :/

I feel exactly the same :facepalm2:
Reply 58
Original post by wtfCharlie
Sometimes.

However I'm 15, with 4 piercings and 2 tattoos and I've never done ANYTHING. So, :P

Sorry no relevant to the thread also may be person but what is a Pansexual?
Original post by Mm_Minty

Original post by Mm_Minty
What did you get? :smile:

I feel exactly the same :facepalm2:

Helix (cartilage) piercing

I ABSOLUTELY love it! Apart from cannot sleep on left hand side now *grrr*

Going to get a few more on cartilage too (hopefully soon so they all heal around the same time!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending