The Student Room Group

What is the best university in the South East? (POLL)

Poll

What is the best university in south east England (Bar Oxford)

Bar Oxford, What in your opinion is the best overall university in south east England?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Erebos
Bar Oxford, What in your opinion is the best overall university in south east England?

I think Royal Holloway is probably strongest across the widest variety of subjects.
Reply 2
I'd say Southampton, although I liked Sussex a lot when I was there, and one of my favourite campuses. RHUL is where my heart lies, so I'm biassed. I liked Reading uni a lot when I visited. And I can't stand Kent.
Reply 3
Original post by kat2pult
I'd say Southampton, although I liked Sussex a lot when I was there, and one of my favourite campuses. RHUL is where my heart lies, so I'm biassed. I liked Reading uni a lot when I visited. And I can't stand Kent.

I can't stand Kent either, their open day was so disorganised. It put me off so badly.
Original post by Chucklefiend
I think Royal Holloway is probably strongest across the widest variety of subjects.

This, but Southampton :biggrin:
Original post by superman19
This, but Southampton :biggrin:

To my knowledge Southampton is far stronger in physical sciences, engineering and law than it is arts and humanties, in which it is relatively weak. Royal Holloway doesn't really have any weak departments.
Reply 6
Soton.
Reply 7
Royal Holloway doesn't really have any weak departments.

That doesnt neccessarily meanthe departments are any good it just means none particularly stand out.

I would put Royal Holloway second

But for me the only really top quality uni here is southhampton
Reply 8
Southampton. :yes:
Reply 9
In what world is Oxford in the South East?
Reply 10

you forgot the best.
Reply 11
To my knowledge Southampton is far stronger in physical sciences, engineering and law than it is arts and humanties, in which it is relatively weak. Royal Holloway doesn't really have any weak departments.

I dunno about the rest of humanities, but Southampton came third this year for languages... Can't be that bad!
Reply 12
The last time I checked, UCL and KCL were in the South-East...
Reply 13
Southampton :h:
Reply 14
Original post by lesbionic

and Cambridge... :rolleyes:
Reply 15
Southampton! Wooooo
university of suck my balls
Original post by lesbionic

Original post by Mithra
In what world is Oxford in the South East?

Original post by awais590
and Cambridge... :rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_universities_in_South_East_England
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 18

Sorry I forgot wikipedia superceded common sense and was in fact always correct on every issue ever.

Oh wait..
Original post by Mithra
Sorry I forgot wikipedia superceded common sense and was in fact always correct on every issue ever.

Oh wait..

If you are going to derail threads with irreverent pedantry please ensure you are at least correct.

(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending