The Student Room Group

dissertation literature review

so I am looking for empirical evidence looking at journals.. I came across a really good study but its a conference paper. Am I allowed to use this in my literature review..or is it strictly journals?

thanks
Reply 1
Yes, you can use it.
Reply 2
Original post by arkbar
Yes, you can use it.

aa thats great thankyou very much..
Reply 3
Original post by G_S
aa thats great thankyou very much..

It's always worth checking to see whether the person in question has published anything or has any other work deposited in erepositories as you can never really tell with conference papers where abouts in an academic's thought process you've landed.
Reply 4
Original post by Adorno
It's always worth checking to see whether the person in question has published anything or has any other work deposited in erepositories as you can never really tell with conference papers where abouts in an academic's thought process you've landed.

thankyou for the advice...i have checked and found a similiar paper that was recently written by the author as a journal..thanks again
Reply 5
A journal author can cross reference work. That is, refer to empirical based evidence produced via another study. This is valid. However, if the author includes the source reference it might be worth checking that out. You can then make a reference to it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending