The Student Room Group

Girlfriend changing plans on the day

Keep anon pls.

I'm really annoyed tbh.
We saw eachother on Wednesday, and she said she would see me on Friday (today).
So i text her today saying what time she wants me to come over, and she texts back saying, 'I think i'm seeing my friend tonight, sunday?'

The annoying thing is we agreed to today, and ive not made any plans with friends for tonight. She was supposed to be seeing her friend tomorrow, which is when im going clubbing with mine. But she rememberd she has an 18th tomorrow so shes seeing her friend tonight instead and blowing me out.
Its so annoying because i was looking forward to seeing her tonight and she just ditches me for her friend, and she probably wouldnt have even told me if i didnt say 'what time do you want me to come over'
I kicked off a bit, and she just didnt understand my point of view and thinks im being ott.
What do you think?

Scroll to see replies

I can't stand people changing plans at the last minute. I don't mind so much about them changing, different things come up or circumstances change etc. so that's fine...but at least have the courtesy to let the others know in advance so it doesn't ruin their day.

If she thinks you're being OTT then just do the same to her next time and see how she likes it.
Reply 2
Sometimes girls piss me off with this type of thing. What's the point in being in a relationship if you're going to choose to see a friend (who she probably see's everyday in Uni/College/nights out every week) over the one you apparently "love".

Luckily my girlfriend isn't like this anymore.....:P
bros before hoes sorry! i know its annoying but dont get so worked up about it!! worse things could happen! :smile: im sure 1 night in wont kill you :tongue:
Reply 4
I think the main issue is her not contacting you about the change of plans, if you hadn't asked when to meet her when would she had text you to tell you the meeting was off? Not very considerate...
Reply 5
I hate it when people decide to change their plans randomly, especially without informing the people they originally had plans with, and I'd be really annoyed if my partner did it. So, I don't think you're going OTT at all.
She sounds rather immature, fair enough she can go out with friends and have a relationship, but changing plans at the last minute is not nice. I would have a few words and least tell her to make her damn mind up.
Reply 7
I agree, it's not very fair to change things right at the last minute. Annoys people right down there. You're quite right to feel that way and after some time I hope she would understand.

I used to have a friend who would change plans maybe an hour before we meet, which sometimes would be after I got on the train to meet up. Sometimes it would be perfectly legitimate like going with someone to hospital, but other times..."It's raining today so not a good time to meet." "Someone really wants to see me, sorry, next time please..." "Sorry you were waiting here for an hour, I got on a late bus and got stuck in traffic. Anyway, I thought you would have given up so I'm already going someplace else, sorry..."

Put up with it because she was such a great friend when we did manage to meet.
Reply 8
Urgh. I'd be really pissed off aswell.
Original post by Jellybean91
bros before hoes sorry! i know its annoying but dont get so worked up about it!! worse things could happen! :smile: im sure 1 night in wont kill you :tongue:

You're missing the point.
Reply 10
Just blow her out tomorrow to go clubbing :dontknow:
Reply 11
Plan an amazing night together to wine and dine her romantic walk bla bla bla.

Half an hour before meeting up blow her off and go down to the pub to watch the footy and make sure it is a team you don't even support. Then she will understand.
You call this a problem? Seriously? Yes, it's annoying, but as long as they don't make a habit of it, you can't really complain. No one's perfect and sometimes it can be easy to muddle plans.
Original post by CB91
You're missing the point.

no im not. its not like this has never happened to me and im in an LDR which makes it worse!! you just cant dwell on things like that and nitpick like that cos then where do you draw the line? its one day! im sure they get to see each other several times a week if theyve managed to change the plans that easily! try only getting to see your boyfriend once a month and then maybe thatll put things in perspective for you!
no im not. its not like this has never happened to me and im in an LDR which makes it worse!! you just cant dwell on things like that and nitpick like that cos then where do you draw the line? its one day! im sure they get to see each other several times a week if theyve managed to change the plans that easily! try only getting to see your boyfriend once a month and then maybe thatll put things in perspective for you!

:facepalm2:

Its not about her cancelling. Its the fact that she left it so late and didnt go out of her way to tell him, he had to ring her.

Also, cool life-story, bro.
Original post by CB91
:facepalm2:

Its not about her cancelling. Its the fact that she left it so late and didnt go out of her way to tell him, he had to ring her.

Also, cool life-story, bro.

yes, like i said in my original post, thats annoying and yes its unfair, but then again its not the be all and end all!! shes probably feeling bad about it too.

sarcasm noted cheers. was just trying to give you an example of how im not just some heartless bitch commenting on a forum who knows nothing about what theyre saying but oh well :rolleyes:
Reply 16
Im being really off with her and complaining but she doesnt even see my point.
So tempted to ****in dump her tbh, but this side of xmas when i have already got her presents would be a bit unfair.
We were going to be together for new years eve, but clubbing for my mates birthday is becoming much more appealing!
Reply 17
yes, like i said in my original post, thats annoying and yes its unfair, but then again its not the be all and end all!! shes probably feeling bad about it too.

sarcasm noted cheers. was just trying to give you an example of how im not just some heartless bitch commenting on a forum who knows nothing about what theyre saying but oh well :rolleyes:

haha, i assure you she doesnt.
Original post by Anonymous
haha, i assure you she doesnt.

ditch her on sunday then :smile: see how she likes it!
Reply 19
ditch her on sunday then :smile: see how she likes it!

Screw that i'll dump her for new years eve.
No wonder people end up cheating tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending