The Student Room Group

What are you getting your Dad for Christmas?

Why are they so hard to buy for? Please give me some ideas!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm pretty sure there's a dad section in M&S, go look there.
You'll probably end up buying him a tie or socks :p:
I don't know yet. He's very into cookery, but I get him stuff for that quite a lot, so I feel I should buy him something different this year. I may get him a book, although he tends to get quite a lot of those. I've just had an idea, some sheet music! *Goes off to search online*
http://www.boots.com/en/BaByliss-for-Men-Easy-Cut-Clipper-7435U_951775/

Just bought mine this today since he doesn't have much hair left these days and he keeps saying he should cut it himself lol
Reply 4
The same present as every year: nothing. (my family's not big on presents!)
Reply 5
Silver gaffa tape. He keeps on bashing his car up :rolleyes: so I'm going to label the tape as 'plasters for your car'.
Brazzers subscription.
Reply 7
Maybe a scarf or socks or something. Pretty much the same yearly. :p:
Alcohol.
A Nivea refreshing kit (face wash, moisturiser and spray) and a foam mousse and 2 chocolates.
There's a Beer gift set in Boots, then a mind puzzle thing, and a mini Buddah.
I always get my Dad a CD of a band he loved as a teenager, but hasn't listened to for years.

The Doors this year.
Today I bought my dad Jeremy Clarkson's new book, some socks which say 'Grumpy Old Git' and some sudoku bog roll. :tongue:
I've got him some books, sheet music (which I will probably play more than him), a CD with Debussy recordings on it, little random things. He likes gardening, music, history etc so it's really easy to buy for him.
(edited 13 years ago)
Standard bottle of whiskey, either Glenfiddich or Jack Daniels
Reply 15
a pair of socks or a sweater.
Reply 16
Beer.
Specifically, real ale.
And possibly some socks.
I'm so original
Reply 17
Some headphones that when you wear them they look like Frankenstein's monster's bolts, a katana letter opener and some Japanese sweets.
I got my dad a gift set of various different chillli sauces from John lewis as he loves trying new ones lol. I also got him the ministry of sound 80s club CD, a gift set from the body shop and a book on clasic cars as hes really into them.
[QUOTE='rach [shikari];28941587']I got my dad a gift set of various different chillli sauces from John lewis as he loves trying new ones lol. I also got him the ministry of sound 80s club CD, a gift set from the body shop and a book on clasic cars as hes really into them.

Oooo the chilli sauces gift set is a good idea? is it really spicy? Cos my dad likes really spicy stuff . I'm gonna try find it on their website..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending