The Student Room Group

One night stand- is he getting emotionally attatched?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by int_applicant

Original post by int_applicant
Had a one night stand with my professor in Uni..she was smoking hot, but we both agreed to stop seeing each other because of the complexities that comes with Teacher-student relationships....

Oh boy, you're love life must be exciting. :p:
Original post by sir-lewis
If your single, and a guy.. then your always on the pull.

If youre single, and a guy, you are not always on the pull, maybe some people like to just have a good time with their lad/chick friends...
(edited 13 years ago)
Do you like the guy? I know you're afraid to jump in head first, so play it cool instead? Spend some time with him, go on a date. Don't dismiss him because he likes you.

My ONS just wouldn't leave me alone. He was just meant to be visiting my Uni, then the next weekend he drove 3 hours up to see me :O Luckily I fancied the pants off him, and we're still together after a year...
Reply 23

Oh, and I decided to fix the code in your sig.

if (OP != troll) {
then
{life.exit();}
else
{throw EpicThreadFailException();}
}

Lmao, well played. I've just been ignoring the insulting syntax errors.
Original post by Anonymous
At a party last Friday I was talking to a guy all night. We instantly clicked and there was a lot of flirting. We were the last two at the party (after the main party in the union we went to some halls of residence) and when we left, he asked how I got home. When I said by bus, he said I was free to stay at his and added "Don't worry, I won't get fresh with you" though it was obvious what was going to happen. Because he'd said this I first slept over at the other side of the bed in case he actually felt uncomfortable. Then he said I could sleep on his side of the bed. At first we just sort of lay there (was an awkward moment) then he put his arms around me and I reciprocated yeah... it went from there. The thing is, he seemed quite nervous and he's in the year below me (i.e. first year) so I don't think he's quite used to the one night stand thing and seemed a little hesitant at first. Then in the morning, we had sex again and when I said eventually I had to go he told me to stay which I've never really had from a one night stand before, usually it's drunk and at night then in the morning they want you out.

We didn't really speak the entire week, though I noticed him staring a few times when I saw him and at one point he was watching me across the room, and at first looked away then looked back again and sort of smiled. Last night, he started talking to me at the bar and later he asked if I was going out after the bar closed. When I got home, he started talking to me on facebook and we were talking for 3 hours (I was a bit drunk, he was sober) and he stayed talking until about 4am despite having a 9am lecture he wanted to go to (his excuse was that he was "rebelling against the force of early lectures" but my friend's opinion was that he wouldn't have stayed up so late if it wasn't for the fact he was speaking to me). He just kept saying things I thought were a bit flirty, such as when I mentioned that my room was freezing he said I was welcome to come around to his, and after I mentioned it was my birthday on saturday, and later asked what he was up to the rest of the week he said "possibly seeing you for your birthday on saturday?" and then when he was saying goodbye he said "see you soon I hope".

I've never really had to deal with a one night stand getting emotionally attatched before, usually it's me who gets emotionally attached, and I don't know whether I'm reading too much into it. We've been talking a lot today as well. I quite like him, but I don't want to jump into anything in case I'm being led on, or in case I'm not ready and I end up leading him on.

Any insight?

The problem is when you have a one night stand or a casual sex buddy, there's always a strong chance someone gets emotionally attatched and that is when things get messy and someone always gets hurt in the end. If you generally don't have feelings for him then I am afraid you are going to have to risk hurting him and telling him. But that's better than leading him on and him getting his hopes up. I would do this sooner rather than later. You say you've been in the same situation put yourself in his shoes.
Reply 25
Its quite pathetic calling her a slut...everyone has one night stands, also i hate when people call girls sluts whne they slept with different guys. We need to remmember that girls are like guys, they need it as much as we do. Get over it.
Reply 26
Original post by Swimmer
Its quite pathetic calling her a slut...everyone has one night stands, also i hate when people call girls sluts whne they slept with different guys. We need to remmember that girls are like guys, they need it as much as we do. Get over it.

Everyone?
Reply 27
Original post by Anonymous
At a party last Friday I was talking to a guy all night. We instantly clicked and there was a lot of flirting. We were the last two at the party (after the main party in the union we went to some halls of residence) and when we left, he asked how I got home. When I said by bus, he said I was free to stay at his and added "Don't worry, I won't get fresh with you" though it was obvious what was going to happen. Because he'd said this I first slept over at the other side of the bed in case he actually felt uncomfortable. Then he said I could sleep on his side of the bed. At first we just sort of lay there (was an awkward moment) then he put his arms around me and I reciprocated yeah... it went from there. The thing is, he seemed quite nervous and he's in the year below me (i.e. first year) so I don't think he's quite used to the one night stand thing and seemed a little hesitant at first. Then in the morning, we had sex again and when I said eventually I had to go he told me to stay which I've never really had from a one night stand before, usually it's drunk and at night then in the morning they want you out.

We didn't really speak the entire week, though I noticed him staring a few times when I saw him and at one point he was watching me across the room, and at first looked away then looked back again and sort of smiled. Last night, he started talking to me at the bar and later he asked if I was going out after the bar closed. When I got home, he started talking to me on facebook and we were talking for 3 hours (I was a bit drunk, he was sober) and he stayed talking until about 4am despite having a 9am lecture he wanted to go to (his excuse was that he was "rebelling against the force of early lectures" but my friend's opinion was that he wouldn't have stayed up so late if it wasn't for the fact he was speaking to me). He just kept saying things I thought were a bit flirty, such as when I mentioned that my room was freezing he said I was welcome to come around to his, and after I mentioned it was my birthday on saturday, and later asked what he was up to the rest of the week he said "possibly seeing you for your birthday on saturday?" and then when he was saying goodbye he said "see you soon I hope".

I've never really had to deal with a one night stand getting emotionally attatched before, usually it's me who gets emotionally attached, and I don't know whether I'm reading too much into it. We've been talking a lot today as well. I quite like him, but I don't want to jump into anything in case I'm being led on, or in case I'm not ready and I end up leading him on.

Any insight?

You should get to know him a bit more, you said you like him but don't want to jump into anything...so get to know him more before you do...:smile:
Reply 28
Well from what you have said it is clear he wants to bone you again but when you single quotes out it can be misleading so there is a 1% chance your are reading too much into it.

However I don't think he wants a relationship as such more like a F-buddy relationship.

Oh, and I decided to fix the code in your sig.

if (OP != troll) {
then
{life.exit();}
else
{throw EpicThreadFailException();}
}

Original post by NS17
Lmao, well played. I've just been ignoring the insulting syntax errors.

You're a pair of dicks. I've already said to someone before that I purposely left syntax errors in there. Im not compiling this code - it's there for comic effect.

And by they way, you forgot
throw new EpicThreadFailException();

So you didn't even correct it.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending