The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

canterbury
Luton Town (pending city status). With the Houses of Parliament carefully situated between Chicken Cottage and the local mosque.
Nuneaton. :teehee:

Not even a city.
Original post by R£SP£CT
Isn't Dublin a part of the UK? After all its located in Ireland..

It's in the Republic of Ireland though, which is a totally separate sovereign state from the UK. Only Northern Ireland (capital: Belfast) is part of the UK.

Lol, do the the Good Friday agreements mean nothing to you?!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 184
Birmingham, Manchester or Bristol I should imagine. Though without London England and the UK would completely collapse.
Reply 185
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo
Nuneaton. :teehee:

Not even a city.

wow u r so funny its a good thing ur hot tbh
Original post by Broderss
wow u r so funny its a good thing ur hot tbh

thnx so much.
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo
It's in the Republic of Ireland though, which is a totally separate sovereign state from the UK. Only Northern Ireland (capital: Belfast) is part of the UK.

Lol, do the the Good Friday agreements mean nothing to you?!

Oh dear... Geography + History fail :facepalm2: . Why did you have to quote me?!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 188
Original post by Broderss
Birmingham, Manchester or Bristol I should imagine. Though without London England and the UK would completely collapse.

How on Earth does Bristol come ahead of Leeds in the pecking order?

I repeat what I said earlier, Leeds is Britain's biggest financial, business and legal services centre outside London. Bristol is insignificant in comparison.
Reply 189
Original post by HumanNature1992
Pakistan

Pakistan isn't a city :tongue: Everyone knows it's a town!
Shrewsbury maybe? Or Nottingham?
Reply 191
Emmerdale.
The City of Atlantis
Original post by R£SP£CT
Oh dear... Geography + History fail :facepalm2: . Why did you have to quote me?!

What was the 'fail'? :eyeball: In what World is the ROI a part of the UK?

And for the good friday agreement I was just saying an important event which gave the example of them being separate states..
(edited 13 years ago)
Hitchin.
How about a city that is close to, or is in the centre of England?
Coventry... :-) just a joke, was nearly destroyed.

I would choose maybe Inverness or something like that. There is a lot of space in the Highlands. And why should the capital be in England? chosing a scottish town would maybe be kind of appologise for stealing their stone of scone. :-P
Reply 197
Original post by davidmarsh01
Well it is. Moron.

Great Britain doesn't have a capital, it's just an island and not in any way a political entity. The political body you're thinking of is the United Kingdom, of which the capital is London. Great Britain is just the name of a piece of land.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 198
Original post by Fuzzed_Out
I can't find it the moment but I definitely remember reading it somewhere on OPSI or a similar site.

Belfast is closer to London than Edinburgh :dontknow:
Original post by Craig_D
Belfast is closer to London than Edinburgh :dontknow:

But not in Great Britain, it isn't on the "UK mainland".

Latest

Trending

Trending