The Student Room Group

The big wikileaks thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Original post by F i s
He's a political prisoner and everyone knows it. This country is supposed to have one of the best justice systems in the world.

+1

This is basically a transfer from solitary confinement to house arrest.

At least we're now on the same level as Burma.

:rolleyes:
Reply 621
The Messiah has been released.
Reply 622
Original post by Teveth
The Messiah has been released.

The Great Satan wont be pleased.
Reply 623
Original post by RyanT
The Great Satan wont be pleased.

I don't think Thatcher is in a fit state to keep up with the news these days.
Reply 624
Here is Assanage's statement after release outside of court [Audio]

Original post by Teveth
I don't think Thatcher is in a fit state to keep up with the news these days.
(edited 13 years ago)
My m8 is free !
Reply 626
Video of Julian Assange statement

Just found a video recording of the statement. Who else thinks that the blonde woman to Julian's right is going to be the next rape allegation in 3 months time? :biggrin:

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 627
:lol: :rofl:
Reply 628
Julian Assange: WikiLeaks faces 'very aggressive' investigation by US

Organisation's founder says he is reliant on public opinion to rein in 'superpower that does not appear to be following rule of law'

Here

We shouldn't forget how extraordinary it is to have a journalist in jail over allegations (no charges, "evidence" previously thrown out for being so weak etc...) made in a foreign country.

Especially when the timing is so suspect.

Interesting quotes

the British courts say that it did not need to provide a shred of evidence said this three times and in fact has provided nothing, not a single shred of evidence in its extradition hearings, in the hearings that ended up putting me in solitary confinement for 10 days.

"Similarly, in the United States, what appears to be a secret grand jury investigation against me, or our organisation not a single comment about what is actually going on."

Assange said he was worried about the prospect of being sent to the US, adding: "There have been many calls by senior political figures in the United States, including elected ones in the Senate, for my execution, the kidnapping of my staff, the execution of the young soldier Bradley Manning ... that's a very, very serious business.

This is very interesting - is it possible that Assanage can resist extradition to the USA on the basis that they might kill him? I know we can't return immigrants for these reasons.
He will always be looking out for this world

Reply 630
:facepalm:
Original post by RyanT

Original post by RyanT
Julian Assange: WikiLeaks faces 'very aggressive' investigation by US

Organisation's founder says he is reliant on public opinion to rein in 'superpower that does not appear to be following rule of law'

Here

We shouldn't forget how extraordinary it is to have a journalist in jail over allegations (no charges, "evidence" previously thrown out for being so weak etc...) made in a foreign country.

Especially when the timing is so suspect.

Interesting quotes

the British courts say that it did not need to provide a shred of evidence said this three times and in fact has provided nothing, not a single shred of evidence in its extradition hearings, in the hearings that ended up putting me in solitary confinement for 10 days.

"Similarly, in the United States, what appears to be a secret grand jury investigation against me, or our organisation not a single comment about what is actually going on."

Assange said he was worried about the prospect of being sent to the US, adding: "There have been many calls by senior political figures in the United States, including elected ones in the Senate, for my execution, the kidnapping of my staff, the execution of the young soldier Bradley Manning ... that's a very, very serious business.

This is very interesting - is it possible that Assanage can resist extradition to the USA on the basis that they might kill him? I know we can't return immigrants for these reasons.

It depends on the pressure applied to the UK government. They extradited Gary McKinnon and he was a British citizen with a mental disorder. This government appears to have slightly more of a backbone compared to the last one and obviously there'll be a much bigger backlash compared to the McKinnon case so they won't imo unless strong pressure is applied from the US.
Not really a worthy contribution but i thought you guys might like this:
http://satwcomic.com/art/leaking.jpg
Reply 633
Original post by Ruthi-SH
Not really a worthy contribution but i thought you guys might like this:
http://satwcomic.com/art/leaking.jpg

:rofl: :lol:
Reply 634
Original post by blueray
He will always be looking out for this world

Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.
Original post by Srxjer
Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Yep told ya so
ps is that ure actual picture looks like a actor :cool:
Reply 636
Original post by MoanyLisa
"TABLOID SCHMUCK!"

:rofl:

Also, why is there a young Elvis Presley working for Assange? :holmes:

lol they came out looking really bad out of that. :biggrin:

Makes me wonder why they would even release the video :\
Keep up the good leaks get it ..no ah well
Reply 638
WikiLeaks: Julian Assange says police feared he would be assassinated outside High Court
The founder of WikiLeaks Julian Assange has claimed he is being bombarded with death threats from American soldiers.

Here

Anyone else noticed the way the Guardian is turning on wikileaks?

Disgusting.

There is a lot of behind the scenes pressure being put on the media. The government can issue gags that the media can't even talk about as well. ****ing BS.

Death to (Bank of) AMERICA! :biggrin:

Original post by MoanyLisa
Wikileaks Congressional Hearing: http://cspan.org/Events/Lawmakers-Discuss-Constitutional-Issues-Raised-by-WikiLeaks/10737418252-1/

ie. Lawmakers trying to get advise on how they can change the law to stop wikileaks.

That's really dumb. All Assanage has to do is 'resign' from his position and then wikileaks goes underground.

:lolwut:

You really have to wonder just what **** they be smoking in the BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.
(edited 13 years ago)
The password for the insurance file isn't hunter2, sadly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending