The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by effofex
I suppose it depends on how closely you inspect it. Do you grip it firmly with your hand and see how much is remaining that is not covered?

Off-topic, but the music in your signature sounds very similar to some of the backing music in the Napoleon: Total War game.

LOL well I don't spend a lot of time inspecting penises, so yeah :tongue:

Haha it does, doesn't it? The Total War games are pretty good, Rome is the best one though. :biggrin:
Reply 101
Original post by effofex
West Asian?

South Asia = India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Sikkim, Sri Lanka and the Maldives.

didn't know that (well tbh never gave it much thought)

In terms of filling in racial profiling forms. iranians and afghans would come under south asian... The two countries do share borders with pakistan... (and the fact that they may not be enough space for west asian on the form! )
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 102
Original post by Steph90
Not true - i'm not asian, nor do I have a penis.

Well then that's just even worse.
Reply 103
Original post by Picaa
There is considerable ethnic diversity across India. People look a lot different there depending on where you are. I went travelling across India a couple of years ago and you really do notice it: lots of tall, fair-skinned, muscular people up north in Kashmir and Punjab; lots of fair-skinned but very short and slight people (more fat than muscle) in the central Indian state of Gujarat, lots of dark and obviously different-race people in Rajasthan, lots of very dark small people down south in Kerala and Tamil Nadu. India isn't a racial group but a new state established from the ashes of the Raj in 1947. Before the Raj it was a lot of different nation-states. So it's probably just sensationalist journalism to say 'oh look - in that country their dicks are smaller!'. I wonder if they'd say anything like that about the Chinese or whether the BBC as a propaganda wing of HMG would refrain from daring to do anything like that.

Not entirely sure what you're getting at, the study was carried was carried out by the indian council for medical research.
Reply 104
Original post by Steph90
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't Afghans also South Asians on the whole (as 75%+ are Pashtuns?). They may not be geographically completely South Asia, but they are most similar to Pakistanis, no?

Iraqis on the other hand are Arabs? Middle-Eastern?

Not sure about the 'similarity' argument - are we discussing this in ethnolinguistic terms or using markers of genetic similarity (haploptypes etc.).

There are some Pashtuns in western border/autonomous regions of Pakistan (Waziristan, NWFP, Balochistan) but equally you could say that there are many groups with Tibetan ancestry in a few north-eastern Indian states (e.g. Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim).

South Asia as a geographical entity tends to exclude Afghanistan and Myanmar.

Iraq is a multiethnic country too. Obviously there have been substantial Arab migrations since the 6th century and the same applies (to a smaller extent) to Arab invasions of Iran, however Iran is considered very much 'Persian' even though many people may have Arab ancestry if they trace their family histories/genealogies back to the 7th century.

What do you think Steph?
Original post by relaxmansh**
gtfo jew

Lol, I'm muslim.
Reply 106
Calm down South Asian people and just admit you have the smallest peens! It's already a fact. Same for Middle Easterns. You are all smaller on average than Chinese and Japanese etc..
Reply 107
Original post by Bishamon
Not entirely sure what you're getting at, the study was carried was carried out by the indian council for medical research.

Maybe you missed the bit where I said that India has a large number of different ethnicities within it. Does a Tamil have a dong as long as a Kashmiri? Have you ever seen a Kashmiri or a Tamil in real life?

Kashmiris:

http://www.google.co.uk/images?um=1&hl=en&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=kashmiri+people&aq=f&aqi=g2&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Tamils:

http://www.google.co.uk/images?um=1&hl=en&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=tamils&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

And that's just 2 regional ethnic groups out of literally hundreds.
Reply 108
Original post by effofex
Iraq is a multiethnic country too. Obviously there have been substantial Arab migrations since the 6th century and the same applies (to a smaller extent) to Arab invasions of Iran, however Iran is considered very much 'Persian' even though many people may have Arab ancestry if they trace their family histories/genealogies back to the 7th century.

The whole Iranian identity is built on the 'Aryan-Persian' narrative but in reality most of the people in modern Iran are more Turkish than Persian - Turkish is spoken very widely and a lot of people do look Turkish. There has been Greek, Arab and Turkish rulership of Iran and all of these overlords whether benign (Turk-Azeri) or hostile (Greek/Arab) took full advantage of the prime natural resource of Iran - beautiful women.
Reply 109
Original post by bunty64
didn't know that (well tbh never gave it much thought)

In terms of filling in racial profiling forms. iranians and afghans would come under south asian... The two countries do share borders with pakistan... (and the fact that they may not be enough space for west asian on the form! )

I think they come under "Middle Eastern". Not quite sure whether 'Afghan' would fall under "Central Asian". Iranian may fall under "Persian", but I'm not sure that "Persian" would be a label since Iran is the only Persian-majority nation in the world.

Of course, if "Arab" was used instead of "Middle Eastern" then most Iranians would be excluded so may just select "Other".

I'm pretty sure Iranians and Afghans do not come under South Asian. 'South Asia' specifically refers to the Indian subcontinent.
Reply 110
Original post by Hooj
Calm down South Asian people and just admit you have the smallest peens! It's already a fact. Same for Middle Easterns. You are all smaller on average than Chinese and Japanese etc..

Source?
Reply 111
Original post by .Ali.
LOL well I don't spend a lot of time inspecting penises, so yeah :tongue:

Haha it does, doesn't it? The Total War games are pretty good, Rome is the best one though. :biggrin:

Maybe you could consider spending more time inspecting penii (as opposed to penises) in the interests of science. You could also make estimations on penile girth by encapsulating it with your hands and seeing where the position of your finger tips were relative to your palm. Another idea would be to gently cup their balls to make estimates of size, droopiness and the frequency with which the right scrotal sac is more/less pendulous than the left scrotal sac.

Off-topic again, but do you have the All-Factions Mod for Napoleon? And the Peninsula Campaign?
Reply 112
Original post by effofex
Source?

You, Books, the Internet.
Reply 113
Here's a simple and factual model that may make things a little easier:

Iranians and Afghans - belong to the same racial subgroup of the wider Aryan racial group. The core Aryan groups that settled Iran and Afghanistan did so 10000 years ago, and came from the south and the west.

Northern India - predominantly Aryan ancestry (successive waves of migrations of different groups from Vedic to Scythian), Indo-European language and religion. The waves of Aryan migration were not from Iran but from southern Russia.

Southern India - predominantly Dravidian people, with dark skin, straight hair and of small stature. They belong to a completely different racial family from northern Indians and Afghans/Persians. Their language isn't from the Indo-European root.

Hope this makes things a bit clearer.
Reply 114
Original post by effofex
I think they come under "Middle Eastern". Not quite sure whether 'Afghan' would fall under "Central Asian". Iranian may fall under "Persian", but I'm not sure that "Persian" would be a label since Iran is the only Persian-majority nation in the world.

Of course, if "Arab" was used instead of "Middle Eastern" then most Iranians would be excluded so may just select "Other".

I'm pretty sure Iranians and Afghans do not come under South Asian. 'South Asia' specifically refers to the Indian subcontinent.

yeh loooked it up on me old mate wiki...... apparently iran and aghanistan don't come under the official UN subregion category of western asia, but are commonly included in western asia....

so yeah, its western asia.
Reply 115
Original post by effofex
Maybe you could consider spending more time inspecting penii (as opposed to penises) in the interests of science. You could also make estimations on penile girth by encapsulating it with your hands and seeing where the position of your finger tips were relative to your palm. Another idea would be to gently cup their balls to make estimates of size, droopiness and the frequency with which the right scrotal sac is more/less pendulous than the left scrotal sac.

Off-topic again, but do you have the All-Factions Mod for Napoleon? And the Peninsula Campaign?

A penii inspector :rofl: I wonder which scientists actually do that, to find the averages and stuff...

No I don't, is it any good? I have all the Total Wars though (I think). :biggrin:
Reply 116
Original post by Hooj
You, Books, the Internet.

When did I make any claims regarding Middle-Eastern/Japanese/Chinese penii sizes?
Reply 117
Original post by Picaa
Here's a simple and factual model that may make things a little easier:

Iranians and Afghans - belong to the same racial subgroup of the wider Aryan racial group. The core Aryan groups that settled Iran and Afghanistan did so 10000 years ago, and came from the south and the west.

Northern India - predominantly Aryan ancestry (successive waves of migrations of different groups from Vedic to Scythian), Indo-European language and religion. The waves of Aryan migration were not from Iran but from southern Russia.

Southern India - predominantly Dravidian people, with dark skin, straight hair and of small stature. They belong to a completely different racial family from northern Indians and Afghans/Persians. Their language isn't from the Indo-European root.

Hope this makes things a bit clearer.

Hmmm.. regarding northern India - wouldn't most people be of mixed 'Aryan' and 'Dravidian' ancestry in the most populous parts - i.e. the Gangetic plain.

Also, when people refer to 'racial families - do they not simply include 'Australoids, Capoids, Caucasoids, Mongoloids and Negroids'?
Reply 118
Original post by Picaa
Maybe you missed the bit where I said that India has a large number of different ethnicities within it. Does a Tamil have a dong as long as a Kashmiri? Have you ever seen a Kashmiri or a Tamil in real life?

Kashmiris:

http://www.google.co.uk/images?um=1&hl=en&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=kashmiri+people&aq=f&aqi=g2&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Tamils:

http://www.google.co.uk/images?um=1&hl=en&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=tamils&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

And that's just 2 regional ethnic groups out of literally hundreds.

i dont get it? You saying the indian council for medical research is wrong?
Reply 119
Original post by effofex
Hmmm.. regarding northern India - wouldn't most people be of mixed 'Aryan' and 'Dravidian' ancestry in the most populous parts - i.e. the Gangetic plain.

To some small degree, yes, but apparently less so than one would imagine, as the conquered were literally demonised and the original Aryan creed adapted to maintain this difference, by way of a caste system and records of ancestral forebears. The whole idea of 'purity' in traditional Vedic religion is racial purity, so you will have the brahmins and kshatriyas least defiled by racial 'pollution', followed by Vaisyas and Sudras. Racial admixture was unlawful and punished extremely severely, and always resulted in complete loss of caste.

Also, when people refer to 'racial families - do they not simply include 'Australoids, Capoids, Caucasoids, Mongoloids and Negroids'?

Yes, those are traditional 'racial' groups according to old-school western scholarship. However the racial thing is a tenuous concept at best. 'Aryan' according to my usage would refer to those Caucasoids whose language is based on a proto-Indo-European, which was probably closest to Sanskrit and Avestan.

Latest

Trending

Trending