The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by playxsailxliv
Well done! What college are you hoping for?

University, although probably won't get it. Will be happy with any in Durham City. What about you?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 1761
Original post by beansonfish
Don't feel less less proud, there are plently of subjects at main campus less competitive and respected than your course.... like theology, music, sociology and sport. Gawd I sound like a hatfielder, passing judgement left right and centre. :rolleyes:

And CONGRATS on the offer, Snow or Stevo college?

What's that? :eek:
Original post by Keckers
Yeah I'm pretty sure it will be my first choice. I suppose it depends if I get the grades haha, but I'm pretty certain I can do that :smile:

Then it looks like I will be seeing you next year!
Original post by manthew
What's that? :eek:

Hatfield college people are stereo-typed to be really judgemental....they're usually Oxbridge rejects 8)
Reply 1764
Original post by Vijay2010
Hatfield college people are stereo-typed to be really judgemental....they're usually Oxbridge rejects 8)

HEEEEEYYY... don't rub it in... I'm so sad already... :frown:
Reply 1765
Original post by Vijay2010

That'll be me then :P Apart from the judgemental part...

Application for anthropology received by a college :smile:
Original post by manthew
HEEEEEYYY... don't rub it in... I'm so sad already... :frown:

Haha sorry man, unintentional :smile:

Original post by blackpot
That'll be me then :P Apart from the judgemental part...

At least you had the balls to apply to an Oxbridge uni :wink:
has anyone got offers for theology yet??
durham is my first choice, im applying to hatfeild, and to conform to the stereotype yes, i did apply to cambridge to, but if i go there, it will be because im a durham reject ^^
im really worrying because i have friends who have got offers for archeology, i realllllly want to get an offer
em :smile:
Original post by neiljeff123
stupid and incorrect post. im sure medicine is really uncompetitive. you dont even study here!

That wasn't my point. I'm not saying every course at Queens is uncompetitive. Medicine is obviously going to popular virtually everywhere! It's just less competitive than Durham City.
When your AES changes, do you get an email notification?
Original post by cpdavis
When your AES changes, do you get an email notification?

When the status changed to 'Application sent to college. A decision has yet to be made.' I got an e-mail shortly afterwards. There were no e-mails in-between the offer and the acknowledgement.
Original post by pinkpencilcase
University, although probably won't get it. Will be happy with any in Durham City. What about you?

Same, you never know though. I got offered a place there and I was unbelievably surprised. =P
Reply 1773
Have many people heard from english?
Reply 1774
AES status changed yesterday to application received by college--today UCAS changed to Unconditional. Very happy! But I can't tell which college by either system and when I called Admissions they were gone for the weekend. Btw, I applied Combined Honours in Arts to read English and Classics. Also I didn't receive an email from Durham about AES change but did from UCAS today about its change.
(edited 13 years ago)
My track has just updated so say i have an unconditional from criminology with foundation year (I'm a mature student), really happy :smile:
My AES stills shows that a decision has not been made though but i guess these things may just take time to update. I dont think it will seem real until i receive a confirmation letter!

I hope everybody else hears soon, i applied about 10days ago so quite a quick time to respond :smile:
Has anybody heard for History? I am going for Castle (which i will obviously not get into)
Original post by sarahmaloney
Has anybody heard for History? I am going for Castle (which i will obviously not get into)

Exactly the same as me :smile:
I got Castle and am so ecstatic! I absolutely love it!

For anyone with offers at university college, who is going on the offer day/night in march? :smile:
Original post by sarahmaloney

Most of the places are still available, don't worry! :smile: Reading all the personal statements and references takes ages, and they haven't even had all the applications in yet.
Original post by beansonfish
Ahhh Stevo :smile:, I am in snow, your kinda lucky tho how close you r to lectures. Im alrdy at the uni. Finished my first term :smile:.

How are you finding it? I've applied to John Snow without looking into it, is it much different from Stephenson? Also, is Queens Campus boring? Sorry for the questions, just I've read quite a few bad things about Queen's :/

Latest