The Student Room Group

Misfits

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SHABANA

Original post by SHABANA
But then does that mean future Simon went back in time to save Alisha, so that normal Simon could overhear her talking about it??
Also, why isn't it like an infinite loop? As in future Simon going back. I have confused myself lol

I'm so confused by it all...when you mess with time things get messy. Fact of life!
Reply 701
Original post by SHABANA
Maybe because in his timeline, Alisha never walks in to the room and says the whole litter thing, and everything works out differently perhaps?? As he doesn't become bold enough to get stabbed or whatever, so Curtis is stabbed and they are all dead (as time didn't get reversed) apart from Simon.

I hope the writers dont go into alternate timleines, because then surely the current timeline is utterly ****ed with the fact that future simon was banging present alisha lol :colonhash:
Original post by greeneyedgirl
I'm so confused by it all...when you mess with time things get messy. Fact of life!

Says the girl with The Doctor for an avatar :tongue:
Reply 703

I agree. All this time travel mumbo jumbo.
Reply 704
I dont think some of you realise that after the last episode Simon still doesnt know he is future simon.

When Curtis goes back in time only he remembers what was going to happen and cant have told Simon that.

All the others know is that they were going to die if they didnt kill that milk guy.
Reply 705
A quote from Austin Powers I like:

Austin: Wait a tick. Basil, if I travel back to 1969 and I was frozen in 1967, presumeably, I could go back and visit my frozen self. But, if I'm still frozen in 1967, how could I have been unthawed in the '90s and traveled back to...Oh, no, I've gone cross-eyed.

Basil: I suggest you don't worry about those things and just enjoy yourself.
[to camera]
Basil: That goes for you all, too.

Austin: Yes.

Throughout watching misfits there's at least a dozen things an episode I could put flaws in, but it takes away from the enjoyment. Many people seem to accept they have super powers without questioning the biology behind it, but then they start question quantum physics about time travelling :tongue: Just enjoy it ffs!
Original post by History-Student
Says the girl with The Doctor for an avatar :tongue:

Ha ha I like getting confused with time travel-y stuff =D

Original post by edd360
A quote from Austin Powers I like:

Austin: Wait a tick. Basil, if I travel back to 1969 and I was frozen in 1967, presumeably, I could go back and visit my frozen self. But, if I'm still frozen in 1967, how could I have been unthawed in the '90s and traveled back to...Oh, no, I've gone cross-eyed.

Basil: I suggest you don't worry about those things and just enjoy yourself.
[to camera]
Basil: That goes for you all, too.

Austin: Yes.

Throughout watching misfits there's at least a dozen things an episode I could put flaws in, but it takes away from the enjoyment. Many people seem to accept they have super powers without questioning the biology behind it, but then they start question quantum physics about time travelling :tongue: Just enjoy it ffs!

Very true, I do enjoy it =D
Also the writer has said that he will never explain why the storm gave them super powers, which I'm happy about.
Reply 707
Original post by edd360
Many people seem to accept they have super powers without questioning the biology behind it, but then they start question quantum physics about time travelling :tongue: Just enjoy it ffs!

This.

But it's fun :smartass:
Great episode. I have to say though, they should of ended the episode and series right after Simon got stabbed and hit the wall before saying 'you have to go back to before we were famous' to curtis. That would've been suspense for a whole year!!!
Original post by chaz1992
Great episode. I have to say though, they should of ended the episode and series right after Simon got stabbed and hit the wall before saying 'you have to go back to before we were famous' to curtis. That would've been suspense for a whole year!!!

Would have made moving into the Christmas special a bit awkward.
Reply 710

Also the writer has said that he will never explain why the storm gave them super powers, which I'm happy about.

lol because he doesnt know himself :P

Original post by Pads
lol because he doesnt know himself :P

Best way to be =D Ignorance is bliss and all that =D
Reply 712
Original post by History-Student
Would have made moving into the Christmas special a bit awkward.

hahahha just a bit..
one moment while we pause this storyline..for the Christmas special
Reply 713
Don't really understand this: A couple of episodes they all took drugs which reversed their powers, which then wore off. Yet Nathan can still see dead people, which begs the question what was the inverse of his power?
Original post by Shmeiks

Original post by Shmeiks
Don't really understand this: A couple of episodes they all took drugs which reversed their powers, which then wore off. Yet Nathan can still see dead people, which begs the question what was the inverse of his power?

Vulnerability (dies easily etc. hence why superhoodie had to save him from car)
Reply 715
Vulnerability (dies easily etc. hence why superhoodie had to save him from car)

Ahhh, good shout.
Reply 716
I can't wait for the special! Also slightly glad it is finishing so I can get on with revision.
Original post by Shmeiks

Yeah I dont understand, where did Nathans dead people power come from? It just appeared with the drugs and never left. I thought that was suppost to be the inverse but it never went so...
Original post by impossible!

Original post by impossible!
Yeah I dont understand, where did Nathans dead people power come from? It just appeared with the drugs and never left. I thought that was suppost to be the inverse but it never went so...

It didn't appear because of the drugs. That was just the first episode he happened to see dead people.

As said above, the reverse of his power was extreme vulnerability which is why superhoodie had to save him from going into the car to save his bro.
It didn't appear because of the drugs. That was just the first episode he happened to see dead people.

As said above, the reverse of his power was extreme vulnerability which is why superhoodie had to save him from going into the car to save his bro.

Ah right, yeah I got confused because the inverse and dead people thing happened in the same one. I was like :confused: Haha thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest