The Student Room Group

What's the best Afro/Black male hairstyle in your opinion?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Macey Mice
Hi I am going travelling in Jan 2011 to South East Asia for 4 months and then to Australia for hopefully a year.

This may sound pathetic but, i have no idea what to do with my hair for the 4 months in Asia. I currently relax it but this isnt going to be an option there.

I have tried googling what to do with my hair for that long but couldnt find any responses.

I think ill end up plaiting it, but if anyone has any tips on how to make the plaits last for 4 months id be really grateful?

Thanksxx

Just realised i put this in the complete wrong thread - sorry x
Original post by Ayostunner
OP just get a nice shape up..tbh i dont think anyone will really care about your forehead.

And black guys who straighten their hair...well thats just a sign of a loser! sorry to say

but i'm being serious. the last time I had short hair, people dissed me hard and it was the worst year of my life. I really was depressed and life was on the low for me.

saying that, that was in year 9 and when I do want to change my hair it's going to be for uni...

Original post by bunty64
don't get your panties in a twist..... not saying that black people shouldn't straighten hair/wear weaves... I know this is a "touchy" subject for some black people..

I dont understand why it should be. if there really is to be black equality in the world then I think that black people should do whatever they want to do. I didnt laugh or think it was wrong when white people got dreadlocks. I think it's subjective, it suits some people and it doesnt suit others.

Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
That looks so weird, like he's trying to be emo or something :s-smilie:

but black male emos ftw!

Original post by Nayberay
Shape up!!

massive forehead! I dont think that'll work haha...people will just tease and hate
Reply 42
Original post by TheBlackMonster

I dont understand why it should be. if there really is to be black equality in the world then I think that black people should do whatever they want to do. I didnt laugh or think it was wrong when white people got dreadlocks. I think it's subjective, it suits some people and it doesnt suit others.

agree. apparently touchy issue amongst some black people (esp women)... chris rock made a documentary film about afro hair (not sure of the name) and it explores these issues (mainly around women and the weave and the whole cultural identity of their natural hair).....
Reply 43
black monster indeed...
Original post by amie93
i agree with SHABANA. marvin from jls, his hair is plain simple and looks good but i have to say aston from jls-check his hairstyles out, he has quite a big forehead and any hairstyle he has he pulls it off!!

it's not that big...
Original post by amie93
if you look at pics where he doesnt have a fringe, it is quite

I want to have hair like him :frown:
Reply 46
I want to have hair like him :frown:

you can! maybe im being biased for saying he has the best hair because he is just gorgeous! i read in a magazine once, if i can remember correctly, he uses some smoothing cream to calm his afro down and then straightens his hair, and then uses loreal studio gel to style it..what a saddo i am for remembering that! lol

and whoever says boys straightening their hair are gay, ...get with it, we're in the 21st century!
Original post by amie93
you can! maybe im being biased for saying he has the best hair because he is just gorgeous! i read in a magazine once, if i can remember correctly, he uses some smoothing cream to calm his afro down and then straightens his hair, and then uses loreal studio gel to style it..what a saddo i am for remembering that! lol

and whoever says boys straightening their hair are gay, ...get with it, we're in the 21st century!

hmm maybe I should go for that. but isn't he mixed race? so he does look better with straight hair
Original post by Facticity

Would you say there is a difference though between a black person such as I to straighten my hair as opposed to an Asian person (I presume) such as your self to cover their hair in gel, which is typically a western style. :holmes:

BTW: I do not straighten my hair, I was merely posing a question.

Sorry, missed this quote (it didn't come up on my list).

Assumptive. Also, I think those rudeboy Asians with gelled hair look silly as well, same applies with white guys who use hair straighteners (used to be common in my school). TBH any male who goes to that much effort on his hair is a loser tbh.
Reply 49
hmm maybe I should go for that. but isn't he mixed race? so he does look better with straight hair

yeh he's half black. but that doesn't stop anyone from having a hairstyle they like..i say go for it :P if you dont like it, then you can always change it
Reply 50
Original post by CombineHarvester

Sorry, missed this quote (it didn't come up on my list).

Assumptive. Also, I think those rudeboy Asians with gelled hair look silly as well, same applies with white guys who use hair straighteners (used to be common in my school). TBH any male who goes to that much effort on his hair is a loser tbh.

LOL I've never seen you so harsh CH, I like it :colonhash:

Yea I would tend to agree tbh, I just don't see the need :erm:

LOL I've never seen you so harsh CH, I like it :colonhash:

Yea I would tend to agree tbh, I just don't see the need :erm:

There was a time when women would have thought the same, but then some women started doing it and then an arms (hair) race ensued until it became socially unacceptable not to do these things. Eventually, I predict the same will happen to men, especially as big corporations will make billions of pounds from it and will push the agenda through advertising campaigns. The female market is already saturated tbh, I don't think there's many more ways that a woman can spend money to further her attractiveness.
Reply 52

There was a time when women would have thought the same, but then some women started doing it and then an arms (hair) race ensued until it became socially unacceptable not to do these things. Eventually, I predict the same will happen to men, especially as big corporations will make billions of pounds from it and will push the agenda through advertising campaigns. The female market is already saturated tbh, I don't think there's many more ways that a woman can spend money to further her attractiveness.

Anti-ageing formula :dontknow:

Anti-ageing formula :dontknow:

Already exists and widely used: http://www.merryclinic.com/products/anti_aging.htm
Reply 54

Yes I have seen these things however one must agree that they hardly have an effect. People who tend to look young when they are old is mostly due to genetics. Or some botox or drug of another. These creams do not really do much but reduce wrinkles and lines and perhaps help skin. Not really anti-ageing. :erm:
Reply 55
What ever you do, dont't straighten it, its like having a white guy with dreadlocks, they just look odd.
Reply 56
Original post by The Entity
None, black hairstyles are awful, sorry.

Original post by Amuroray
this

sheep hair

You're both messed up.

Yes I have seen these things however one must agree that they hardly have an effect. People who tend to look young when they are old is mostly due to genetics. Or some botox or drug of another. These creams do not really do much but reduce wrinkles and lines and perhaps help skin. Not really anti-ageing. :erm:

It doesn't matter if it paralyses your skin or doesn't do anything for your health so long as it doesn't make you look like you're becoming older and less attractive :borat:
Original post by harrietta
You're both messed up.

I tend to ignore those type of posts, you get a real bunch of haters on TSR i've noticed that doesnt even mean it but just say it to troll....either that or racists.
Reply 59

It doesn't matter if it paralyses your skin or doesn't do anything for your health so long as it doesn't make you look like you're becoming older and less attractive :borat:

Well health issues are only secondary in modern day society... as long as were beautiful :awesome:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest