The Student Room Group

So What are YOU doing for new years eve?

Particularly if you are spending it with your partner.
We were thinking of going somewhere in the UK, like Bournemouth for new years eve and get a hotel, but the hotel prices are ridiculous and neither of us will have all that much money straight after xmas, so im not sure what to do...
Clubbing doesnt appeal to me, thats what my friends are doing, but i'd hate to do that for new years...
You?

Scroll to see replies

Absolutely nothing for once apart from revision:yep:.

I'm not a big fan of New Years Eve, it's too touchy feely, and although I've been saying that I'm not going out for years, my friends usually drag me out :rolleyes: but this year I am determined.
Reply 2
Well I'm going to **** your girlfriend
Reply 3
I'm newly 18, plenty of money, girlfriend, free house and a stolen traffic cone in my bedroom.

DOCTOR WHO BITCH.
It's my birthday so I'll be hiding in my room.
going to bed :biggrin:
Reply 6
Christ pretty boring replies so far
Reply 7
Most likely nothing. Another year over woop-de-****ing- doo. Maybe I'll go bother my boyfriend, if he's being a sad git and not doing anything either.
Reply 8
were going to the pub. my mates are doing the music that night (so some stuff to dance to as well as some party songs). its a masked ball theme and then at midnight weve apparently got to take masks off or something like that. should be fun and as my mums away and my sisters at hers instead im stopping at my mates house afterwards. my mum did say i could have a party at hers instead but as my mates already planned to go out to the pub i am more than happy goign there too as its a nice place (very friendly) and good to spend time with everyone iv missed while im at uni :smile:
Reply 9
probably just stay at home with the rents and watch that jools holland show or go pub with boyf an his mates. went clubbin last year with the girls but its so expensive and i cba
Reply 10
Original post by clo89
probably just stay at home with the rents and watch that jools holland show or go pub with boyf an his mates. went clubbin last year with the girls but its so expensive and i cba

Oh god, me and my ex watched that last new years, it was so depressing. Something about Jools Holland makes me want to cut my wrists.
At the moment it looks like I'm either doing nothing or sitting at home drinking while doing nothing. :sad:
Reply 12
Well hopefully something better than last year...in the pub last year - everyone went to the square for the countdown - turns out midnight had already happened about 5 mins before...somewhat a dissapointment.... This year we'll probably look out for a house party somewhere if not probably just the pub again lol
Reply 13
Original post by Astra_K
Christ pretty boring replies so far

haha I know right, well last year it was just me and all my girlfriends getting very drunk at my house, sounds sad but to be fair we were only 16 and it was very fun :tongue:
unfortunately I am not 18, so no pubs/clubs for me, but there are meant to be a couple of parties on so I will go to one/or more of them :smile: excited!
Drinking excessively.
Going to a rock club with my boyfriend and my flatmates (if they're back at uni). Might sound boring to you but I'm looking forward to it :P
Reply 16
Original post by Ultimate_Geek
Absolutely nothing for once apart from revision:yep:.

I'm not a big fan of New Years Eve, it's too touchy feely, and although I've been saying that I'm not going out for years, my friends usually drag me out :rolleyes: but this year I am determined.

Staying true to your user-name, I respect that.
Reply 17
Original post by Astra_K
Oh god, me and my ex watched that last new years, it was so depressing. Something about Jools Holland makes me want to cut my wrists.

lmao i dont think its that bad, i only tend to watch it for the bands, think the phonics were on it the yr before last:smile:
my boyfriend is planning on going to a club with his mates and their girlfriends, but I really don't fancy going to a club, too expensive! And full of idiots who are off their face. Plus, it makes it harder to talk to people and drunk chat with strangers is the highlight of most my new years. And being from an island means for some reason i enjoy being outside in the freezing cold for it. Trying to convince the flat mate we should have a party, but as nothing is organised it has the potential to just be us.

New year might just suck this year.
Original post by Yawn11
Staying true to your user-name, I respect that.

I try.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending