The Student Room Group

Kos, Rhodes, or Corfu?

Looking into a holiday in either of these three places. Will probably stay near the most lively areas (Kardamena, Faliraki, Kavos) but want more to the holiday than just that.

Could anyone that has been to either of these three give me some feedback? What are the beaches like? Was it expensive?

Thanks
Original post by Cggh90
Looking into a holiday in either of these three places. Will probably stay near the most lively areas (Kardamena, Faliraki, Kavos) but want more to the holiday than just that.

Could anyone that has been to either of these three give me some feedback? What are the beaches like? Was it expensive?

Thanks

I went to Kavos in Corfu summer just gone, so I'll weigh in.
I went with two mates, primarily for a drinking holiday, most of the time we'd just stay in the pool or hotel room during the day and then head out onto the main strip at night from about 11-4am, although some of the clubs were open til about 7 in the morning. In terms of getting going out, it was pretty good and we had a great time, not too expensive, loads of different people and a decent selection of clubs.
If you want much more from the holiday, well, I'd say probably look elsewhere. The beach didn't look particuarly nice, and I don't know if there were many other activities on offer because tbh, I didn't look. Also, if you do go there, the main strip is not a pretty sight during the day, but don't let first impressions put you off.
Yeah, so to sum up, if you want a (relatively) cheap, fun drinking holiday with friends, go for it, if you want much more from the holiday, there's probably better places.
CORFU CORFU CORFU CORFU CORFU CORFU CORFU

Rhodes is a dump. Corfu is amazing. :daydreaming:
Reply 3
I personally love Corfu, been there several times, great people, great nightlife, beautiful places and beaches (if you know where to go).

Rhodes isn't bad either,literally fuuuuull of tourists (I'm greek) and crazy nightlife.
Reply 4
KOSSSS
One word
KAVOS!
I've been to Corfu over ten times. Started going when I was really little with my family, and since have been nearly every year :smile:
Last summer I went as part of a big group with my boyfriend, sister and some friends, and it was still awesome :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest