The Student Room Group

What language do you most want to learn?

What language would you most like to learn and why?

Scroll to see replies

I want to be able to speak Esperanto like a native.
Parseltongue for obvious reasons :smile:

And it would also be amazing to be able to speak something like Korean, so if I go there, I look like a tourist, but I secretly know what the locals are saying about me!
Reply 3
French! Because it sounds cool with the accents, it's hard to learn but I would love to speak it :smile:
Oh and Japanese too :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Russian...so I can read original Nabokov like a tool
Reply 5
French
Reply 6
Original post by Aj-92
What language would you most like to learn and why?

Spanish and Chinese Mandarin.
Reply 7
Spanish! I'm somewhat Spanish but only know a little of the actual language.
Reply 8
Korean or Japanese. My two favourite languages but theyre both hard as hell to learn =_=
Reply 9
Aah Spanish, If only I had the proper commitment to really get down and learn how to speak this beautiful language I could go to Tenerife and talk to my cousins and friends.
English
Reply 11
Elfin :h:

Failing that, I'd probably say Chinese Mandarin :grin:
Reply 12
Well, I speak French already, and will hopefully be studying it along with Spanish and possibly German at university, but other than those, I would say Italian or Russian.
(edited 13 years ago)
French and Spanish. :love:
Reply 14
Original post by therealOG
Spanish and Chinese Mandarin.

My exact university course :biggrin:
Reply 15
Spanish and Manderin, because they are the most dominant languages after English.
I don't think I'd have the will power to learn Manderin properly though.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by No Man
Spanish and Manderin, because they are the most dominant languages after English.
I don't think I'd have the will power to learn Manderin properly though.

Its pretty easy as far as speaking and listening are concerned, its just the reading and writing that are a bitch

I'm already learning Mandarin, so gonna learn Spanish after it and then do French
Reply 17
Original post by Wanischa
My exact university course :biggrin:

Nice one! My sister's doing French and Spanish at uni.
i'd love to learn chinese....but i sometimes find it hard enough speaking polish and english (english worst of my languages) at a decent level, ontop of my mother tongue (lithuanian). i'm happy with speaking 3 languages though. i don't think i have it in me to learn a 4th language. x
Reply 19
Original post by NOBODY MOVE!
i'd love to learn chinese....but i sometimes find it hard enough speaking polish and english (english worst of my languages) at a decent level, ontop of my mother tongue (lithuanian). i'm happy with speaking 3 languages though. i don't think i have it in me to learn a 4th language. x

Well... What you've just wrote is pretty much perfect! :P

Quick Reply

Latest