The Student Room Group

Guys: Would you like it if a girl sexually subdued you in the street?

I know to some the answer may be an obvious yes, but I just wonder why the reaction is different for guys than girls.

I was with my friend today and we were really bored so she dared me to approach this guy. So I crept up on him from behind, grabbed his arse, and when he turned around I was all over him and was like 'I really like your swagger and I just want to f*** you now'. Then he gave me this sort of creepy flirty smile and was like 'mmm wouldn't mind that'. But the bus was coming so we had to run off.

This made me think because if I was a guy and he was a girl, I probably would have been slapped away, or even reported. Was this guys behaviour general of other males? Would you like this to happen to you as a guy? Because if so, perhaps if males and females switched roles when approaching eachother, like if women approached and chased men more, then there would be less rejection and more couples.

Your view?

EDIT: I'm guessing by the general reaction to my thread that the guy I approached behaved different to the norm then?
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I would think it was pretty weird, but I wouldn't report it or anything. Men are just thicker skinned and can take stuff like that, whereas it would emotionally shatter a woman. Largely because we educate women that they ought to feel awful when given attention like that.
I'd be terrified and run off.
I'd punch you in the head unless you were hot.
Reply 4
Women do chase men... just most woman have high standards whereas most guys are desperate and will take what they can get half the time.

But being in a long term relationship I'd have to say no, piss off.
Reply 5
I can't speak for all guys, but I get dumbfounded when stuff like that happens cause it's so unexpected.

Later on I look back and masturbate over what could have potentially happened if I reacted better/quicker.
Original post by jennaz77
I know to some the answer may be an obvious yes, but I just wonder why the reaction is different for guys than girls.

I was with my friend today and we were really bored so she dared me to approach this guy. So I crept up on him from behind, grabbed his arse, and when he turned around I was all over him and was like 'I really like your swagger and I just want to f*** you now'. Then he gave me this sort of creepy flirty smile and was like 'mmm wouldn't mind that'. But the bus was coming so we had to run off.

This made me think because if I was a guy and he was a girl, I probably would have been slapped away, or even reported. Was this guys behaviour general of other males? Would you like this to happen to you as a guy? Because if so, perhaps if males and females switched roles when approaching eachother, like if women approached and chased men more, then there would be less rejection and more couples.

Your view?

You seem easy. Pm me :ahee:
Reply 7

Your view?

That was a really **** approach and obviously you weren't actually attracted to the guy, you were only approaching him for a piss-take and because you were bored.

I have no problem if a girl approaches me in the street, as long as they're respectful but it doesn't happen very often. I'm actually quite skeptical and suspicious if a girl ever does approach me in the daytime, because it is unusual behaviour for them to approach a guy in the street. Usually I take the imitative and approach them myself (daytime is my favourite time to approach girls).

Once, almost 3 years ago now, I was walking out of the Arndale Centre (shopping centre here in Manchester) and a girl called me from behind and said 'Excuse me, my mate thinks you're hot, will you talk to her?'. So I stopped to chat to her friend, but they were really giggly and stupid and so I lost interest really quickly. They were either taking the piss or the girl that said she thought I was attractive was just really shy.

I used to get approached all the time by women when I used to busk, but that's a different story.

But really, the guy should take the imitative and approach girls he likes, and daytime is great for this. Bars and clubs are generally a waste of time.

Your view?

you wouldn't dare do this on your own. only cos you have a friend with you. so it's just harmless fun.
Original post by EmperorMustard
You seem easy. Pm me :ahee:

Your odd comment actually raises a point. Maybe because girls are very quick to be labelled as sluttish or easy when they behave like this, and men aren't, is why men are more likely to do the approaching.

And no I'm far from easy, don't expect a PM love.
Reply 10
depends how shexy you is
Original post by Neil_K
That was a really **** approach and obviously you weren't actually attracted to the guy, you were only approaching him for a piss-take and because you were bored.

I have no problem if a girl approaches me in the street, as long as they're respectful but it doesn't happen very often. I'm actually quite skeptical and suspicious if a girl ever does approach me in the daytime, because it is unusual behaviour for them to approach a guy in the street. Usually I take the imitative and approach them myself (daytime is my favourite time to approach girls).

Once, almost 3 years ago now, I was walking out of the Arndale Centre (shopping centre here in Manchester) and a girl called me from behind and said 'Excuse me, my mate thinks you're hot, will you talk to her?'. So I stopped to chat to her friend, but they were really giggly and stupid and so I lost interest really quickly. They were either taking the piss or the girl that said she thought I was attractive was just really shy.

I used to get approached all the time by women when I used to busk, but that's a different story.

But really, the guy should take the imitative and approach girls he likes, and daytime is great for this. Bars and clubs are generally a waste of time.

Hmm interesting. You mentioned that you lost interest in a girl partly because she was potentially shy. So if a girl approached would you see this as attractive because of her confidence? Also do you prefer approaching girls or did you like being approached by women?

I just wonder why men are more inclined to do the approaching, possibly because they prefer the control?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by cttp_ngaf
I would think it was pretty weird, but I wouldn't report it or anything. Men are just thicker skinned and can take stuff like that, whereas it would emotionally shatter a woman. Largely because we educate women that they ought to feel awful when given attention like that.

:s-smilie: ...yeah, either that or men will sleep with whoever will have them (just giving an innacurate steretype of men like you did with women) , and women would think they were about to be raped, which they probably would be if a guy did that...
I would prod them.
I really want to try this ahaha :rofl3:

Thanks for that, actually explains quite a bit. Interesting.
Reply 17
If she was a stranger I'd tell her to go away. If I knew her I'd awkwardly try and laugh it off.
Reply 18
Being ginger, I'm inclined to treat anything more subtle than outright molestation as some kind of elaborate schoolyard prank. So yes, probably.
I didn't know the word "subdued" could be used in this way. Fascinating.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending