The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by .Ali.
A penii inspector :rofl: I wonder which scientists actually do that, to find the averages and stuff...

No I don't, is it any good? I have all the Total Wars though (I think). :biggrin:

Scientists who do that tend to be the kind who are able to make penii excited so that they are in a firm, erect state when an accurate measurement of length needs to be taken.
Reply 121
It's the swing of the baseball bat that counts people :smug:

Only joking, i dunno :colondollar:

Seriously though, statistics schmatistics, it will vary from person to person and nobody walks around with a measuring tape in their pocket, so get over it!
Reply 122
Original post by Hooj
Indians and south Asians have the smallest penises, fact.

been looking somewhere we shouldn't eh? or just your own...
Im asian and I am not attracted to asians lol! It's just personal preference, like personally I have no idea what you would see in an asian guy as they repulse me but hey for you they are attractive!
Original post by Anonymous
asians like paskistani, afgans, iraqis

That's a bit of a jump from Afghans to Iraqis, though it depends on which Iraqis you like...
Reply 125
Original post by Picaa
To some small degree, yes, but apparently less so than one would imagine, as the conquered were literally demonised and the original Aryan creed adapted to maintain this difference, by way of a caste system and records of ancestral forebears. The whole idea of 'purity' in traditional Vedic religion is racial purity, so you will have the brahmins and kshatriyas least defiled by racial 'pollution', followed by Vaisyas and Sudras. Racial admixture was unlawful and punished extremely severely, and always resulted in complete loss of caste.

The conquered (Dasya) may have been demonized and relinquished to the lowest orders of society, but were there really that many Aryan invaders? Would it not be similar to the situation of a Franco-Nordic aristocratic class arriving in England in 1066, whilst most of their subjects were of British ancestry in central and western parts and Angle, Saxon, Jute and Danish/Norwegian ancestry on the eastern seaboard? Also, do you not think there were instances where an Aryan male may have children with a Dravidian female and the child may have been the first-born male child - or would this coupling be deemed invalid and the child as illegitimate.

Original post by Picaa
Yes, those are traditional 'racial' groups according to old-school western scholarship. However the racial thing is a tenuous concept at best. 'Aryan' according to my usage would refer to those Caucasoids whose language is based on a proto-Indo-European, which was probably closest to Sanskrit and Avestan.

You certainly appear to have researched the theory of racial groupings. It may be worth looking at specific genetic markets which are believed to vary geographically to look at who is descended from whom and more accurate predictions of tribes' movements across the region over the previous 20,000 years (or more).
Reply 126
Original post by effofex
The conquered (Dasya) may have been demonized and relinquished to the lowest orders of society, but were there really that many Aryan invaders? Would it not be similar to the situation of a Franco-Nordic aristocratic class arriving in England in 1066, whilst most of their subjects were of British ancestry in central and western parts and Angle, Saxon, Jute and Danish/Norwegian ancestry on the eastern seaboard?

I believe that the Aryan conquest took place in stages over a considerable period of time. This is because in the earliest redactions of Rg Veda, the rivers of eastern and southern India are not mentioned at all. There is a large body of scholarship that proposes that there was organised intellectual and physical resistance to the Aryan influx in the east, on the basis that the Upanisads can be divided on the lines of brahmin vs kshatriya and kshatriya vs brahmin i.e. eastern vs western Upanisads. Therefore the situation is not entirely clear. The eastern kings may well have been the remnants of an even earlier pre-Vedic Aryan group. The Ramayana is certainly a solid contender for the absolute domination of the southernmost reaches of India by the Vedic Indians, yet it's a much later text than the Vedas or Upanisads. So I think we're looking at a conquest involving direct violence and propaganda that took place over a considerable length of time and over many generations. The Gangetic plain was certainly the Fort Knox of Vedic Aryanism but the rest of India took a long time to capitulate.

Also, do you not think there were instances where an Aryan male may have children with a Dravidian female and the child may have been the first-born male child - or would this coupling be deemed invalid and the child as illegitimate.

It would not be an illegitimate offspring according to Manava Dharma Shastra but the child would typically lose a rung or two of caste. For example, a brahmin male's union with a shudra female would result in the creation of a sub-kshatriya. On the other hand, by that same code, a brahmin female's union with a shudra male would be highly unlawful and subject to the most severe penalties.

You certainly appear to have researched the theory of racial groupings. It may be worth looking at specific genetic markets which are believed to vary geographically to look at who is descended from whom and more accurate predictions of tribes' movements across the region over the previous 20,000 years (or more).

Yes I think the findings from genetic science will be interesting but less surprising to Indian genealogy than to western oriental scholarship. I would be interested to know what the scientific evidence points to.
Reply 127
Original post by Hooj
You, Books, the Internet.

You read books on this? What an odd way to spend your leisure time :tongue:

And this whole penises vs penii debate...What about penapodi :cool: i think that sounds better lol
(edited 13 years ago)
I don't get what you girls see in Pakistani and bangali guys. I don't find them attractive. most of them have a rude boy attitude. I prefer arabs over pakistanis because they're friendly but its just personal preference nothing else.

P.s. I am pakistani
Reply 129
Original post by jwza
your read books on this? What an odd way to spend your leisure time :tongue:

and this whole penises vs penii debate...what about penapodi :cool: I think that sounds better lol

peen & poon
Reply 130

Original post by Hooj
Well then that's just even worse.

LOL... What I meant to say was that I'm not saying what I am, because I feel offended by the assertion.
Original post by Hooj
Indians have the smallest penises, fact.

lmao yup!

PROOF - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6161691.stm
Original post by BCS student
I don't get what you girls see in Pakistani and bangali guys. I don't find them attractive. most of them have a rude boy attitude. I prefer arabs over pakistanis because they're friendly but its just personal preference nothing else.

P.s. I am pakistani

not true for all pakistani guys.
Original post by Tariq786
not true for all pakistani guys.

Shhh... he/she just wants to feel 'special'. Dont spoil it.

Latest

Trending

Trending