The Student Room Group

What new things have you experienced at uni? Fess up!

Scroll to see replies

I managed 22 days without saying, or having said to me, a single word. :cool: Takes skill haha!
I have:

Been to a gig that wasn't in/around London
Been clubbing for the first time
Thrown up out of a window for the first time ever.
Experienced paying to wash my clothes.
Worn socks for three days in a row.
Not eaten for three days
Had a Mars Bar every day of one month.
Made friends who HATE my music.
Done an all nighter in the library.
Done an MSN all nighter.
Done an all nighter out at clubs.
Been drawn on in eyeliner
Wore eyeliner
Dressed in fancy dress (first time since I was like 8) covering my arms in black face paint.
Learned molecular orbital theory
Learned physics.
Showed an interest in Quantum Mechanics
Relied on buses instead of lifts from people.
Paid for a Taxi.
Cried every morning for 2 weeks.
Missed my friends so much.

I still have to meet a girl (on a night out or anything) at Uni, which is sad. I've definitely got much better looking since I've been here.
That loads of people are dickheads, and a few are nice.
that people are obsessed with their marks, especially if you do a difficult course. and that you'll find that "friends" will be willing to out you in front of professors. sad times. erm, what else? that public transport really sucks and that living off campus sucks too but that on campus is pretty crappy too.
Reply 44
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 45
How lazy you can become
Reply 46
If the OP was a guy and did all that stuff he'd be such a lad.

But girl OP, you are a massive STI filled slag.
Thank God the fees are going up if they are going to deter certain "students" from roaming free and engaging in hedonistic pursuits. I thought university was supposed to be a time where you pursue an academic education in your chosen subject.

How wrong was I...

Fair enough, I understand that student life is important; but for not one reason with regards to education in the OP's list makes me thing that the OP is going to university for the wrong reasons.

Anyone that goes to university and hates the work that they do makes me think - why are you even there in the first place?

:sigh:
Reply 48
Throwing up from a hangover.
Weed

Got a pet snake

On vitD medication now, so I've stopped falling asleep all the time

Eating virtually the same things day in day out

Sleeping for 17 hours straight (this was before vitD medication)

Having the untidiest room ever. So bad that I posted a picture of the neatest part of the room (my desk) to TSR on a post-your-desk thread, and it kept being negged.
Reply 50
i'm learning quite a lot new of things from you guyzzz...
you guys are heroes for me...only when dreaming unfortunately :P
Reply 51
Naked Men.
Reply 52
Original post by im so academic
Thank God the fees are going up if they are going to deter certain "students" from roaming free and engaging in hedonistic pursuits. I thought university was supposed to be a time where you pursue an academic education in your chosen subject.

How wrong was I...

Fair enough, I understand that student life is important; but for not one reason with regards to education in the OP's list makes me thing that the OP is going to university for the wrong reasons.

Anyone that goes to university and hates the work that they do makes me think - why are you even there in the first place?

:sigh:

Will they deter them, though?
What's the female equivalent of 'lad'?
That's what the OP is! :tongue:

This thread should be called 'What new sexual things have you experienced at uni? :hump:'
Fees up? But your not affected by the fees rise.
:lolwut:
If you are doing well in your studies I shan't criticize your personal choices...

If you aren't doing well... why are you wasting taxpayers funding by being a slutty drunk? Should you be at Uni if that's all you are achieving :rolleyes:
Reply 56
Honestly surprised by the replies here. Why is everyone being so damn conservative? It's like she confessed to child molestation or whatever. How does it effect you whatsoever?
It irritates me so much.
It's this conservative attitude that is responsible for so much prejudice and stigma that impede individuals daily on achieving the most from life.
How can woman alone be so conservative? You fight for years, decades, to not be repressed in terms of clothing, sex, make-up, and general freedom, and then you throw it all back in these people's faces who spent their entire lives looked down upon as sub-human by endorsing internal gender oppression!
What do you gain from calling someone a slag? False feelings of supremacy? How does it make you superior to someone due to your inability to engage in reproductive acts? No doubt it'd indicate otherwise? I know here I'm being a hypocrite by insulting another group, and that no one(esp. females) is going to claim their abstinence(or at least, lack of sexual activity[which is chosen to be infrequent?]) is down to nothing other than choice, but people like you just irritate me.
People say they want world peace, no war, no homophobia, sex-equality, etc. but pounce at any possible opportunity to insult another human being when said human being has done no harm!
You are an example of a far more fundamental problem with society, than something as trivial as an individuals attitude to standardised education.
Damn it. I'm so mad. Neg all you want, not one of you can refute this post. All you can do is perpetuate out-dated repressive attitudes and throw meaningless ad-hominem attacks.
(Sorry for the poor structure of this post, just so mad).
EMZ.
EDIT: Wow. Thanks for all the positive rep. Nice to know people are on a similar wavelength.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Emor
Honestly surprised by the replies here. Why is everyone being so damn conservative? It's like she confessed to child molestation or whatever. How does it effect you whatsoever?
It irritates me so much.
It's this conservative attitude that is responsible for so much prejudice and stigma that impede individuals daily on achieving the most from life.
How can woman alone be so conservative? You fight for years, decades, to not be repressed in terms of clothing, sex, make-up, and general freedom, and then you throw it all back in these people's faces who spent their entire lives looked down upon as sub-human by endorsing internal gender oppression!
What do you gain from calling someone a slag? False feelings of supremacy? How does it make you superior to someone due to your inability to engage in reproductive acts? No doubt it'd indicate otherwise? I know here I'm being a hypocrite by insulting another group, and that no one(esp. females) is going to claim their abstinence(or at least, lack of sexual activity[which is chosen to be infrequent?]) is down to nothing other than choice, but people like you just irritate me.
People say they want world peace, no war, no homophobia, sex-equality, etc. but pounce at any possible opportunity to insult another human being when said human being has done no harm!
You are an example of a far more fundamental problem with society, than something as trivial as an individuals attitude to standardised education.
Damn it. I'm so mad. Neg all you want, not one of you can refute this post. All you can do is perpetuate out-dated repressive attitudes and throw meaningless ad-hominem attacks.
(Sorry for the poor structure of this post, just so mad).
EMZ.

Does it make you feel better that I'd say the exact same thing is OP was male?
Reply 58
Original post by HelloPoka
The other day i was thinking about all the new different things that i've experienced since i started uni in september...and some of them are things i would never have done if i had stayed at home / not moved away.

Soo a simple question, what new things have you done since starting uni?....it can be anything from dirty things, to crazy things, to strange things you've done because you've been skint! or even new food you've tried.

I'll start..

Since starting uni i've:

- acted like a massive slut

....and i'm sure theres many more! A lot of these things i regret but hey! uni is supposed to be the best time of your life! So just a fun question,

What new things have you experienced at uni? Fess up! :biggrin:

Your parents will be so proud...
Reply 59
TheSownRose
Does it make you feel better that I'd say the exact same thing is OP was male?

No, not particularly. It's still critcising people's personal life style choices for absolutely no valid reason whatsoever. Yeah, you can say self-respect, but respect for one's self and what leads to a lack of respect for one self and what doesn't is subjective. Why should someone care what bigots think about themselves? People place too much value on self-respect, if anyone were to care as much about what people thought of their fashion preferences and much as their sexual preferences they'd be labeled pathetically superficial. Give me a valid reason why that's a bad analogy.
BTW IDK if the quote will go through, I'm using a different OS and for some reason Firefox doesn't want to quote.
EMZ.

Quick Reply

Latest