The Student Room Group

have you ever....

have you ever thought you deleted a text that you wouldn't send to the person but accidently sent the message to the said person?

for example; a text message saying something like "will you go out with me" but was about to delete it when you press the wrong button and sent the message to the girl you liked?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No.
Reply 2
No, because my delete button is far from the send button. And I would never ask someone out via text, or similar questions to that affect.
Reply 3
Never like that, but when you're thinking something and typing another and it comes out wrong.
Reply 4
oh my god! it is just me!!! oh poo
Reply 5
I have
Reply 6
No, I am capable of using buttons.
Reply 7
No, thankfully!
Reply 8
i envy you! why did samsung put send and delete next to each other?
Reply 9
I've accidentally sent a text to the person I was texting another person about and it was too late to cancel it. Saved that one by swiftly taking the battery out of the phone.
No, I haven't done that. But what I have done is changed my mind about sending a text like 1 second after pressing 'send' and frantically pressed the cancel button repeatedly, but it still sends...:cookie:
Reply 11
what did you end up sending?
Reply 12
I've sent a text to the wrong person before..
Reply 13
well, the text was this "sod it, will you go out with me" i was drunk and thought i pressed delete button but she got the message.....
And did she accept?
Reply 15
nope, said no nicely but the damage was done,
No, but once I was in a morning lecture feeling really sleepy and was texting a friend about a certain girl and because I was dozing off and not paying attention I selected the GIRL's name from my contacts list and it went to her instead of my friend :facepalm:
Reply 17
My boyfriend did this once and it was the most hilarious thing ever.
Reply 18
Yes. Not good. Couldn't face her for weeks. She didn't say anything. I said nothing. We stopped talking. End of.
Ive done this a few times.

But usually it is something that I was meant to send ages ago... but it didn't send and it stayed in my outbox. Then months later (when it may be wholly unacceptable to send such a text) I go in to my outbox to delete it and accidentally clicked ON it rather than select it to delete and it gets sent...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending