The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by APonderingMind
Let's see now, 4 boyfriends in 5 years. Plus 2 on the side. No.. it doesn't make you look any better.

If you think sleeping with 2 people makes you a slag, you need to get out more.

What's more off putting for some of you though:

A) A girl/guy who's been in a 4 year relationship.

Obviously they've both had sex, probably know how to please each other and been at it ofc.

b) A girl/guy who's slept with 10 people over 4 years, once.

She/he may have slept with 10 guys over the 4 years, but who's to say they could "please" her/him. Maybe you could do her better, but they've slept with 10 people. Does that put you off?
Reply 61
Original post by lechaton-x
Yeah okay, that would make sense- but someone has to shag the 'slag', meaning men are getting as much sex as women.

I like sex, and I do have a lot of it- I don't think it's anything to be ashamed of. Go ahead and do what makes you happy, and don't let a couple of inexperienced and insecure TSRers tell you any differently. If a guy wants to dismiss you for your sexual history, then he's childish and pathetic and obviously not the guy for you.

How is it childish and pathetic to not want to lower yourself to a woman who openly goes sleeping around? Fair enough you like sex and it makes you happy but to start criticising people as inexperienced, insecure, pathetic and childish is not only inappropriate but hypocritical. You want women to feel like they shouldn't be ashamed, like they should be liberated and they should be free from critique but all you're doing is criticising people for what they want and what would make them happy.

I really just think people should focus on themselves instead of obsessing about other people's personal lives.
Reply 62
Original post by R3L4Y
Yeh, what about men? this applies to them as well.
And no, I never suggested she charge anything. Actually I never suggested anything. If I had to tho, I'd say she should search for a healthy stable relationship instead of some meaningless ****. And what if she has a voracious sexual appetite..or a high sex drive....so? That's the only thing that separates us from animals. (If you're lucky) you get taught this growing up. It is called self control and without it the world would be as if all hell had broken loose. We can't live like that.

Now, don't get me wrong. Just one person is not going to cause all this. I just wanted to make a point as to WHY we are taught what we are taught. Some people might not agree but that's how things are...

What if the said woman in question does not wish for a 'relationship' - many relationships are not particularly healthy or stable. Some women may love the idea of being able to have rampant, hot sex with as many men they can conquer within a given time from - as long as it is consensual and they are not taking advantage of, drugging or assaulting the said men then surely it is ok, no? Obviously condom and femidom use and verification that the prospective partner is STI-free is important. Why would 'all hell break loose' supposing that the woman in question only has sexy intercourse with unattached men?
Original post by Linweth
How is it childish and pathetic to not want to lower yourself to a woman who openly goes sleeping around? Fair enough you like sex and it makes you happy but to start criticising people as inexperienced, insecure, pathetic and childish is not only inappropriate but hypocritical. You want women to feel like they shouldn't be ashamed, like they should be liberated and they should be free from critique but all you're doing is criticising people for what they want and what would make them happy.

I really just think people should focus on themselves instead of obsessing about other people's personal lives.

I like this post, was thinking of saying something along those lines but didn't know how to word it. Well said. :smile:
If you think you're not a slut, or even know it, then why do you care?
Reply 65
Original post by Anonymous
Problem is these women have no dignity in themselves. The sort of girls that open their legs to 10 different guys in a year are the sort I would rather avoid since they're more likely to cheat on you. Instead I would rather find a woman who has a little bit of self respect and leaves sex to actual relationships, rather than one night stands.

I don't believe this is true actually - I'm sure in some cases it is, but I don't agree with the stereotype in general.

I have had quite a few sexual partners, but I have never cheated on someone that I was in a relationship with, nor would I ever do so. I've also never had unprotected sex as, believe it or not, I do have self-respect and dignity.

Whilst the fact you would prefer a girl who only has sex in relationships is entirely up to you, I don't think it is fair to claim that just because a girl has had quite a few sexual partners she is likely to be a cheat.
Reply 66
Original post by effofex
What if the said woman in question does not wish for a 'relationship' - many relationships are not particularly healthy or stable.

Well, that's both partners fault. Realize it's not working, break it off. But that's just ideally, we all know not everyone is as rational as that.

Original post by effofex
Some women may love the idea of being able to have rampant, hot sex with as many men they can conquer within a given time from - as long as it is consensual and they are not taking advantage of, drugging or assaulting the said men then surely it is ok, no?

Like mentioned before "Some might be ok with it". What is "ok"or not is different for everyone.

Original post by effofex
Obviously condom and femidom use and verification that the prospective partner is STI-free is important.

I agree. :smile:

Original post by effofex
Why would 'all hell break loose' supposing that the woman in question only has sexy intercourse with unattached men?

You took things out of context.

Now, I do believe in perseverance so I'll repeat myself: (I can't believe you even bolded it) :"It is called self control and without it the world would be as if all hell had broken loose."

I'll elaborate:
If no one ever had self control, nothing as we know it today would be possible. We just would be animals running loose.

And I'll repeat myself yet again:
"... Just one person is not going to cause all this. I just wanted to make a point as to WHY we are taught what we are taught. Some people might not agree but that's how things are..."

I think I'm staying quite objective. It was only 2 days ago a friend of mine asked me what "ethical" meant, so I understand but it doesn't make it right. Nowadays SOME people are being brought up by the tv and, thanks to the recession, uninvolved overworked parents (Please don't take this as tho I would think working parents are bad. My parents both worked at some point or other in their lives and most of them can DO stay on top of things and I extremely look up to all of them that can, and understand the efforts of those that, unfortunately, cannot)
Sadly, we can't ignore the fact that good morals or ethical thinking are slowly fading away in today's society.

And answering the OPs question once again: feeling guilty is as human as you can get.
Reply 67
people should do what they want as long as it makes them feel secure, happy and as long as it's safe. I don't really see what's wrong with a woman getting sex if she wants it, that's her business... not what I would want but i wouldn't judge others. men -if it's not your cup of tea, don't sleep with her. Women - if you don't like it, it doesn't effect you. but i don't get the whole 'it's low morals, degrading etc'. how is it? being a prostitute yes, doing something you don't want to do either... yes, that is degrading, even if it's with someone that you might be in a long term relationship with. having control and freedom with your own sexuality isn't wrong.
I don't really care about how many guys she's slept with. By the time I've found out I've already made a judgement on her character, so I'll base my decision on that to continue the relationship rather than how many people she's slept with.
(edited 13 years ago)
How many guys have you actually slept with at 18
Reply 70
Imagine a key that could open every door in the world, that would be a awesome key to have. Now imagine a lock that could be opened by every key in the world, that would be a pretty ****ty lock, wouldn't it?
Reply 71
Original post by tengil
Imagine a key that could open every door in the world, that would be a awesome key to have. Now imagine a lock that could be opened by every key in the world, that would be a pretty ****ty lock, wouldn't it?

I know you may find this difficult to believe, but, I’ve never looked for one with a lock on it.
Reply 72
"One of my friends who is 18 has slept with about 15-18 different guys and the majority of them were boyfriends. She widely has a bad reputation for it and I think men think of her as being easy. But she doesn't seem to care"

I personally try to target sluts like this. Easy pickings.

She sounds like trash - unable to comprehend the consequences of her actions. Quality men will repeatedly dispose of her like the cumdumpster she is. They will not give her committment, because sluts are a bad relationship investment, and in time this will burn her.
Reply 73
Original post by lynds81
I don't believe this is true actually - I'm sure in some cases it is, but I don't agree with the stereotype in general.

I have had quite a few sexual partners, but I have never cheated on someone that I was in a relationship with, nor would I ever do so. I've also never had unprotected sex as, believe it or not, I do have self-respect and dignity.

Whilst the fact you would prefer a girl who only has sex in relationships is entirely up to you, I don't think it is fair to claim that just because a girl has had quite a few sexual partners she is likely to be a cheat.

I can't be arsed digging up the studies, but the "stereotype" turns out to be correct. A woman having multiple partners is strongly correlated to the probability of them cheating
Reply 74
Original post by APonderingMind
Unless you're really something special, you've ruined your chances of getting into a serious relationship later in the future...

This is the truth that all women know deep in their hearts.

And it's also the reason women claim to have had fewer sex partners than they've actually had.
Reply 75
It's completely up to you. Has nothing to do with me. Just don't expect me to ever date you, that's all.
Reply 76
Original post by trooper6
I know you may find this difficult to believe, but, I’ve never looked for one with a lock on it.

"Intepret a metaphor literally to make it sound like the other person is talking nonsense"

"great success"
Reply 77
Most of the time when people are using words like "slut", they don't even know your number. It's used by jealous girls and bitter guys. I've never met an attractive, successful guy who's great with women, and talk about them that way. In fact, most of the time I hear that word, it's from an immature, inexperienced and jealous girl. Woman is woman's worst enemy.

If you know you're safe, know you never cheat and have sex only when you want, who the hell cares what some girls at your old school says?
Considering the amount of hate projected towards these promiscuous girls, and how they are quickly branded as slags, it would appear that no, it is not seen as socially acceptable.
The last girl I was seeing had had 29 dicks before mine. Now she's on at least 31. She's 26 years old, and most of her men were back in her teens, apparently. Personally I didn't care, she was really good in bed.
She was ashamed of it, though, for some reason, and took any mention of it as an "insult".

The only off-putting thing about a girl who has had, or has, a lot of men, is that you know it won't be long before she gets bored of you, too.

Latest

Trending

Trending