The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Seanisonfire

phwoar

Oh my plastic balls...that is my kind of woman.
Hah well

Spoiler

The paranoia joys of having watched films where

Spoiler

Original post by shyguy90
Thanks! :biggrin:

Ive seen both of his batman films, the dark knight is brilliant, better than batman begins.

I quite like any type of film, even some musicals, the blues brothers is my only fave of that catergory. I like action, adventure and mystery films. i can stand romantic films to an extent :P

Im looking forward to harry potter part 2 and thor :biggrin:

I recommend The Prestige and Memento then.

In fact, I demand you watch them. :fuhrer:

:tongue:

No, srsly. :colonhash:

Original post by FinalFlash
Finished Gran Torino.

Great film. :daydreaming:

Real funny at some places.

A truly great film.
Reply 5103
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
The paranoia joys of having watched films where

Spoiler

I recommend The Prestige and Memento then.

In fact, I demand you watch them. :fuhrer:

No, srsly. :colonhash:

A truly great film.

I will watch those films! since you demanded it with a smiley :smile: :biggrin: :P :colone:
I will watch those films! since you demanded it with a smiley :smile: :biggrin: :P :colone:

Excellent. If you enjoyed Inception and Nolan's other works then you should enjoy The Prestige and Memento. Report back with how you find them. :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Just watched Spiderman 2 again :moon:
Reply 5106
Excellent. If you enjoyed Inception and Nolan's other works then you should enjoy The Prestige and Memento. Report back with how you found them. :tongue:

Ive only just joined this group and i am being given assignments by my superiors.....sweeeet :cool:

report back when the films are watched, sir! :biggrin:
Welcome to the society thread! :h:

Me too. Such a great feeling. :jive:

I've been eyeing up my Back to the Future and Star Wars collections for a re-watch. :moon:

What films are you thinking of watching during your holiday break? :smile:

Ooh, Back to the Future. Another one I haven't seen yet. :redface:

Well, I'm definitely planning on watching Scarface, One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, Shutter Island, etc, not gonna bore anyone with the whole long list. And I want to check out the Town cause Ben Affleck seems to be doing a comeback of sorts to being a respectable actor/director.

Flying home tonight so will be checking out my sisters DVD collection for new exciting films. She's got quite a few and in general we agree on what's good and what's not.
Reply 5109
I didn't think I'd be able to squeeze in a movie this weekend, but I'm now toying with the idea of watching Tron before I go to bed... Is it something that would grasp attention such that I don't fall asleep in the middle?
http://www.avclub.com/articles/seventeen-minutes-of-lost-footage-from-2001-a-spac,49219/

:woo:

Obviously, reinserting this cut material will not improve the experience of 2001 at all, but the deleted scenes should still individually make for interesting viewing. The worst Kubrick material (Eyes Wide Shut, Shining, Lolita) is still better than 90% of all stuff ever.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Abiraleft
I didn't think I'd be able to squeeze in a movie this weekend, but I'm now toying with the idea of watching Tron before I go to bed... Is it something that would grasp attention such that I don't fall asleep in the middle?

I watched Tron recently. It's one of those films that you have to watch in context, and as such, it's kind of hard to enjoy unless you're in the right mindset for it. You appreciate how important it is, but it isn't exactly a fantastic story, and watching it for the effects is kind of pointless nowadays unless you have a vested interest in the evolution of such things. If you're going to watch it, watch it for Jeff Bridges. The man is a GOD.
(edited 13 years ago)
Ive only just joined this group and i am being given assignments by my superiors.....sweeeet :cool:

report back when the films are watched, sir! :biggrin:

Oh yeah. :cool:

Original post by elisabethbridge
Ooh, Back to the Future. Another one I haven't seen yet. :redface:

The Town is a pretty good movie, watched it recently.

And you should add Back to the Future trilogy to your definite films to watch list. This will not do. :unimpressed:

Urkel
X

Welcome to the chat thread and society! :h:
Reply 5113
Original post by Christien
I watched Tron recently. It's one of those films that you have to watch in context, and as such, it's kind of hard to enjoy. You appreciate how important it is, but it isn't exactly a fantastic story, and watching it for the effects is kind of pointless nowadays unless you have a vested interest in the evolution of such things. If you're going to watch it, watch it for Jeff Bridges. The man is a GOD.

Hmm, that doesn't sound hugely encouraging, but I'll watch it anyway. Thanks. :smile:

And I haven't watched any Jeff Bridges movie before (none that I can recall, anyway), so...
Original post by Abiraleft
Hmm, that doesn't sound hugely encouraging, but I'll watch it anyway. Thanks. :smile:

And I haven't watched any Jeff Bridges movie before (none that I can recall, anyway), so...

Then f**k Tron. Watch The Big Lebowski. Now!
Time for my daily dose of crap. Get Smart. Looks like a Johnny English clone.

I liked Johnny English.

Time for my daily dose of crap. Get Smart. Looks like a Johnny English clone.

I liked Johnny English.

I really liked Get Smart. Not sure why, but I did.

The Wackness was wack.
I really liked Get Smart. Not sure why, but I did.

Anne Hathaway perhaps? :tongue:

Original post by Urkel
Thanks! :biggrin:

I recently watched Sideways and while it was slow in places, I did like the bittersweet comedy and drama. And the characters are great. Has anyone else seen it?

I've not seen 'Sideways'. :holmes: What films would you say were amongst your favourites?

Any films you're looking forward to? 2011 is going to be such a good year for film.

Anne Hathaway perhaps? :tongue:

Do not insult my taste. :pierre:

Latest