The Student Room Group

How should I play this?

I met a girl at a bar/club last night. She's really ****ing cool, amazing style, really pretty, great personality. She was quite into me as well, I was dancing with her for ages and she was tryin to act all cool so I told her to stop being cold and loosen up. After that she couldn't stop smiling and I told her she looks really pretty when she smiles. I always think you should leave them wanting more so I got her number, gave her a little kiss on the lips and said goodbye.

Now, as per usual, I can't stop thinking about this girl. I'm not a fan if texting girls so I'm thinking of giving her a call and ask to meet up. Only question is, how long do I wait? I kind of want to call her later today but I'm meant to be meeting friends for drinks and it might seem a bit too eager? Tomorrow? Advice please. Also any ideas on what to say?? Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump cos I'm bored and can't sleep
Reply 2
Call her tomorrow:

"Hey, you remember that guy you met in the club? No, not the one you got off with behind KFC. No, not the one you got off with in the alley next to Partners. No not th- know what? This was a total wash, thank you for your time."
Reply 3
Original post by Mann18
Call her tomorrow:

"Hey, you remember that guy you met in the club? No, not the one you got off with behind KFC. No, not the one you got off with in the alley next to Partners. No not th- know what? This was a total wash, thank you for your time."

She definitely wasn't a slag. Had to work hard just to get her to dance.
Reply 4

If you wanted to play it cool you've already failed for making this thread.

9/10 times getting a girls number at a club doesn't lead to anything. Guys enjoy the chase (I do it just to see if I can) and ladies enjoy the attention (bitches).
Original post by Steezy

Original post by Steezy

Game five :five:
Reply 6
Original post by Steezy

Or is that what she wanted you to think?
Reply 7
Original post by Yawn11
If you wanted to play it cool you've already failed for making this thread.

9/10 times getting a girls number at a club doesn't lead to anything. Guys enjoy the chase (I do it just to see if I can) and ladies enjoy the attention (bitches).

Really? Can you show me that statistic? Don't mess with the boy head like that!

Call her w/e you like it won't be a problem.. I mean she can easily reject you but that will happen even if you call today or tomorrow. You just need a bit of luck to catch her in a good mood.
If you call her today don't ask her to come with you the same day because it's too early.
Good luck.
Reply 8
I don't think you should automatically think a girls a slag because you get her number at a club. I was talking to her for ages, she wasn't making it easy to talk to her at first. Also it wasn't really a club, more like a bar with a dancefloor. It's where all rock type girls go and in my experience they're usually quite intelligent and confident, unslagish types.
Reply 9

Original post by Kiwiiiii
Really? Can you show me that statistic? Don't mess with the boy head like that!

It's just my observation. In a club you're just a random guy she had a dance with or made small talk with.

If it was at a party or something where she spoke to you, got a feel of your personality, and then you got her numb, then something could happen.

From my experience and what I've seen from others getting numbers at parties is always a win, clubs - rarely.

But OP update in a few days and let us know how it goes.
Reply 10
Original post by Steezy
I don't think you should automatically think a girls a slag because you get her number at a club. I was talking to her for ages, she wasn't making it easy to talk to her at first. Also it wasn't really a club, more like a bar with a dancefloor. It's where all rock type girls go and in my experience they're usually quite intelligent and confident, unslagish types.

I was more implying that you were chasing a slag, rather than labelling all women at a club slags, that simply isn't true, although, the presence of alcohol seems to make them act more slaggish.

Whatever though, just call her whenever it feels right, ask if she'll tickle your Cookie Monster.
Reply 11
Original post by Yawn11
It's just my observation. In a club you're just a random guy she had a dance with or made small talk with.

If it was at a party or something where she spoke to you, got a feel of your personality, and then you got her numb, then something could happen.

From my experience and what I've seen from others getting numbers at parties is always a win, clubs - rarely.

hmm strange ... I assume that my country is far more sluttish than yours :colondollar:
Reply 12
Original post by Mann18
I was more implying that you were chasing a slag, rather than labelling all women at a club slags, that simply isn't true, although, the presence of alcohol seems to make them act more slaggish.

Whatever though, just call her whenever it feels right, ask if she'll tickle your Cookie Monster.

I'm trying to explain to you that this girl wasn't a slag
Reply 13
Original post by Yawn11

This bar isn't really a club, it's just a bar with a dancefloor and loads of booths. It's a party type atmosphere, not a club so you can chat and all that. I was talking to her for ages and she seemed to really like me at the end of the night
Reply 14
Original post by Steezy
I'm trying to explain to you that this girl wasn't a slag

And I'm saying, jokingly, you can't all in certainty know that.
Reply 15
Most girls you meet in a club will flake. Even if she's attracted to you, there's a good chance she won't respond.

If you want to maximise your chances, strike quick - a day later at most. Keep it brief, cocky, and if she doesn't respond for ages, don't respond straight away. Suggest that you two "hang out" for a while.
cal her tomorrow.
Reply 17
Text or call?
Reply 18
Steezy, you did well last night and I'm sure you'll do well in deciding whether to call/text her now or later, too :wink:

If it was me, I wouldn't over-think it too much. Call or text her when it feels right!
Am I the only one thinking maybe she wasn't interested in you OP. You said you had to 'work hard' just to get her to dance with you and have a conversation ... tbh she probably didn't want to talk to you but felt she had to seeing as you obviously wasn't taking the hint.

Text her later today ... and see what she responds (IF she responds) :ninja:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending