The Student Room Group

What’s something you know you do differently than most people?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by minimarshmallow
Not only do I do this, but I write the conclusion, then the easiest paragraphs from the main body, then the introduction, then the hard paragraphs and then piece it all together and hope it still makes sense.

That's exactly what I do! Near the end I just have all these paragraphs not even in order and then I put them all together so they make sense - which can take a while, it's like a puzzle. :nutcase:
Tie my laces
Since coming to uni I've noticed that this is actually rather common, but I like the volume to be a multiple of 5. An even number is acceptable, however. Just never leave it on an odd number.
I drink drinks in an odd way, can't remember when this started but I take one sip and have to separate it into 5 swallows... it's hard for me to explain. I take a sip and kind of separate it into 5 as I swallow.

I used to do really weird things like if I had to spin around to the right, I'd feel awkward until I'd spun back around. Also used to type in my mind everything which someone said to me, or I saw on the television or something. Used to (sometimes still do) get stuck on forming patterns in my mind and I would feel really anxious until I'd completed whatever it was. Sometimes it was strange, like I'd have my own Bubble Shooter game in my mind which I had to complete, or this one which was a bit similar to Bejeweled. I hate it cause it makes me distracted :frown:
Original post by Juno
Of course you can be asked. Anyone can ask you to do anything. That doesn't mean you'll do it, but it means they asked you.

Will you jump off a cliff?

See, I asked you to jump off a cliff. I'm fairly confident you won't. But if you said that you "couldn't be asked" to that would make no sense, but "couldn't be arsed" means it's too much hassle.

How is arsed any better. Its not even a word, it makes no sense.

I cant be arsed. Its ridicullous, if i substitute 'arsed' with another word meaning rectum than it still wouldnt make any sense

I cant be bummed?
I cant be bottomed?
I cant be buttcheeked? etc etc

If you cant be 'asked' to do something however, that means you dont want to be asked, because you dont want to do what youve been asked to do. Makes perfect sense.

EDIT: If you are going to neg me, the least you could do is tell me what I said that is neg-worthy. If you think what i said is incorrect then tell me why you think that, otherwise i will assume you are negging me for no reason at all.
(edited 13 years ago)
I use fork when eating fries.

Since its already too late for me and i have to sleep soon thats for now at the moment, will get back later.
Reply 65
Original post by joey11223
OCD thing I suppose but with a few meals I am highly selective on what goes on the fork in each mouthful, for example in fish and chips there HAS to be a bit of fish and chip(a few if they're skinny fries). With a roast chicken dinner there HAS to be a bit of chicken, a bit of potato and a bit of stuffing, some veg too if there's room on the fork. I try and not do this in restaurants though as one problem can be, especially with fish and chips, that the above method results in rather big mouthfuls and it can look like I'm playing with my food when I'm actually sorting it out. So.....yeah the men in white coats can take me now.:biggrin::redface:

probably other stuff too if I wasn't too tired to think about it...

I'm the opposite, I hate my food touching on the plate, and I eat all the chips, before moving on to the fish.
Reply 66
It's not 'me', but i genuinely believe that my metabolism is among the best and finest in the world and it acts in a different way to most peoples. I can eat and eat and eat and i really don't put on any weight, noticeable or on the scales.

Allows for bingeing on a huge scale.
Reply 67
I hold my pens/pencils strangely.

I also hold my knife and fork 'the wrong way round' for a right handed person.
pick my nose and put my boggers in my *******
Reply 69
The way I laugh. :tongue:

Another thing is that I can no way use a knife with my right hand! If I have to use a knife, I keep it on my left hand and the fork on my right hand.
Reply 70
Original post by un-besito
I count weird things - like when I'm walking a long way, I count every step i'm taking. And sometimes count the number of letters in words that people are saying and put them into groups of like 2 or 3, and get annoyed if one or two are left over at the end because it's not the right number of letters to be able to group them by that number...:colondollar:
So this thread is turning into not what people do differently to others, just weird things that people do that no one else does! :lol:

I do that too! :p: I normally group people's letters from their sentences into 3, and if the end letters don't make up to this, then in my head I'll try and make their words stretch out a bit, say if they said "Let's go", make it to "Let us go." Works a treat. :cool:

Christ... :ashamed2: :lol:
Original post by Miss Mary
I carry my watch on my right hand. 99% of the people I meet for the first time ask me why I do this. Is it that weird?

Original post by yahyahyahs
I eat with my fork in my right hand and the knife in my left. Other people I know tend to hold them the other way round. I guess I like to claw at my food like a child rather than cut it neatly.

Original post by flowermaster91
also the majority of things i eat has to be eaten with ketchup, such as rice and baked beans :drool:

Original post by basketofsnakes
I'm like this but only with toilet doors, dont want other peoples' germs on me

Original post by Dumdedoobie
Tie my laces

All of the above :biggrin: I also keep my papers placed pretty much vertically, which results in positioning my arm + hand weirdly when writing...according to my friends. :ninja:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by salty_candy
i drink from a glass as though there has been an invisible cross drawn over the top, and i have to drink from one of the points then the opposite one, then the other two, otherwise i get really annoyed and want to throw the glass across the room.

:lolwut:
also, anal.
Reply 74
Original post by thewiseone
:lolwut:

My thoughts exactly xD
Original post by burntfishfinger
I always sleep with my fan on, no matter how hold or cold it is. I'm sat in bed as I type and it's snowing outside, yet my fan is still on. The noise is just so soothing but I always wake up with the biggest nip-on ever :smile:
I also set my alarm clock and TV volume so that all the digits added together add to a multiple of 3.

dear lord, you are my soul-mate.
marry me.
Reply 76
Original post by Lewroll
How is arsed any better. Its not even a word, it makes no sense.

I cant be arsed. Its ridicullous, if i substitute 'arsed' with another word meaning rectum than it still wouldnt make any sense

I cant be bummed?
I cant be bottomed?
I cant be buttcheeked? etc etc

If you cant be 'asked' to do something however, that means you dont want to be asked, because you dont want to do what youve been asked to do. Makes perfect sense.

To be fair, neither of them make any sense. What's wrong with saying 'can't be bothered' or 'don't want to'?
Original post by d123
To be fair, neither of them make any sense. What's wrong with saying 'can't be bothered' or 'don't want to'?

You're probably right :biggrin: But you have to admit, 'can't be asked' makes more sense than 'can't be arsed'.
Original post by Lewroll
You're probably right :biggrin: But you have to admit, 'can't be asked' makes more sense than 'can't be arsed'.

:nah:

Btw, do you pronounce "asked" as "awkzd"? :colondollar:
Original post by Ladipidoo
:nah:

Btw, do you pronounce "asked" as "awkzd"? :colondollar:

hi lapidoo (ps every time i look
at your avatar it makes me think wow its so dam cool!)

You say asked like this :colondollar:

"ass-k'd"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending