The Student Room Group

Oxford Replies - Phone call / Letter / Email?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Just recieved my rejection for corpus christi for mathematics through the post - quite heartbreaking as i enjoyed it so much down there :frown: :frown:
ah well, i guess ill have to bring up the old ucas page and actually consider some of my other offers - not as nice as here though!! Everyone was great down at corpus christi though, so my one consolation is that whoever took my place is probably just as friendly and deserving as i am. well done to them..
Hey guys, I'm an English applicant for Brasenose College. Last night I found out that one of the candidates for English at Brasenose had received a phone call to be told he had an offer. Being completely honest, am I right to read between the lines and assume that because I haven't received a phone call, I'll be receiving a rejection letter soon?

Good luck to everyone!
Reply 22
I got a letter, from Keble
Reply 23
Original post by carrollsinger
Hey guys, I'm an English applicant for Brasenose College. Last night I found out that one of the candidates for English at Brasenose had received a phone call to be told he had an offer. Being completely honest, am I right to read between the lines and assume that because I haven't received a phone call, I'll be receiving a rejection letter soon?

Good luck to everyone!

I think they could be deliberating whether or not to give you an offer, your name could be lower down on their list of succesful applicants, or you could be right. But time will tell, and good luck for it! i remember walking past there whilst completely lost, after taking the wrong road, during the interviews :P good times.
Reply 24
Original post by carrollsinger

Good luck to everyone!

Not sure - I got a phone call last night, too. They're sending out letters as well next week; you may still be lucky.
Reply 25
I've applied for Maths at St. Peter's, and anyone for Arc and Anth there have had phone calls if they got in, but will be getting letters too. Someone for Biochemistry received a letter this morning, don't know about any other subjects. I assume they'd send them all at the same time, but maybe it takes longer for the post to get to me in Manchester than my Biochemistry friend in London.

Not heard of anyone from Peter's getting an email though. I'm certain no one has had a text...
Reply 26
Original post by mjtriggs
I've applied for Maths at St. Peter's, and anyone for Arc and Anth there have had phone calls if they got in, but will be getting letters too. Someone for Biochemistry received a letter this morning, don't know about any other subjects. I assume they'd send them all at the same time, but maybe it takes longer for the post to get to me in Manchester than my Biochemistry friend in London.

Not heard of anyone from Peter's getting an email though. I'm certain no one has had a text...

Argh! im an international applicant to st peter's for E&M and the wait is killing me! I was hoping the reply would come via email though!
What is the likelihood of getting in post interview?! does anyone know how many applicants there were this year? i had interviews at somerville and queens, heard back from neither yet!
Original post by freddyy_poo
What is the likelihood of getting in post interview?! does anyone know how many applicants there were this year? i had interviews at somerville and queens, heard back from neither yet!

Also one at Somerville...before xmas I guess!
Original post by freddyy_poo
What is the likelihood of getting in post interview?

In most subjects the tutors interview about 3 people per place. (This means that in high-demand subjects like law, medicine, PPE, E&M, quite a large fraction don't make it to the interview stage.)

:sheep:
Reply 30
Original post by Mathematical
I got my letter today from St Anne's :smile:

I think though the snow might delay the post in the UK, though? I mean, I live in London, but it must be really hard getting the mail up north?

well done! that's amazing:smile:
this snow is so annoying, i haven't had any post in days... i'm not sure whether my college emails candidates so my letter could be delayed for ages :/
Reply 31
Does the mode of reply vary with colleges or the course applied in a particular college itself? I've applied for Law at Mansfield and haven't heard anything from them - except an email saying that the decisions have been firmed and letters have been sent out (but w/o the decision itself) =( With the snow exacerbating the situation, as an international applicant, the wait is so gruelling!! =( I've read that quite a significant no. of people received their acceptance via phone/email and rejections via letters. So far I haven't seen anyone who was notified of a rejection via call? Maybe the admissions officers don't want to break the cold news verbally and would prefer to tell the applicant via more indirect avenues (eg. letter). If that's the case, my rejection is imminent. Ahhhh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending