The Student Room Group

to all the muslims

im 21, never had a bf bc its haram but i am fed up of being single. What can i do?
Plz cnt advise me to disregard or quit my religion. Also, i would never use a website for single muslims. I prefer a traditionsl approach. My big problem is tht it is difficult to approach me as i am scared of committing a sin. I dnt want to disrespect my religio but i really want to love and be loved.

Scroll to see replies

Get married:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by jonathan3909
Get married:smile:
i really want to bt its nt easy.i dnt want to marry anyone and prior go getting engaged, i will have to get to know the guy, right? Bt then during this period of getting to know each other,i will be committing a sin, no? Im just sooo confused. What if i believe a guy when he says he wants to marry me, bt then it turns out tht he was nt being honest? I dnt want to make a fool of myself
Original post by jonathan3909
Get married

This.

Edit: I believe the above problem wouldnt arise if your guardian is involved in the process accordingly.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
i really want to bt its nt easy.i dnt want to marry anyone and prior go getting engaged, i will have to get to know the guy, right? Bt then during this period of getting to know each other,i will be committing a sin, no? Im just sooo confused. What if i believe a guy when he says he wants to marry me, bt then it turns out tht he was nt being honest? I dnt want to make a fool of myself

If we lived a life full of "what-if" we will never truly live.

Also, for the love god, please please learn how to write properly
It sounds like you're clearly not happy living under the presupposition that being with someone is haraam. Sometimes you have to take liberties with your religion and make sure that what you're doing is right for you, people of all religious persuasions have come to realise that moderacy is the key to happiness and bringing yourself closer to God. That isn't disregarding your religion.
Reply 6
im 21, never had a bf bc its haram but i am fed up of being single. What can i do?
Plz cnt advise me to disregard or quit my religion. Also, i would never use a website for single muslims. I prefer a traditionsl approach. My big problem is tht it is difficult to approach me as i am scared of committing a sin. I dnt want to disrespect my religio but i really want to love and be loved.

To be very honest get a BF you can be loved emotionally until you get married at least?
Reply 7
Original post by 4TSR

Don't you mean 'for the love of god'?
Anyways, i am using a mobile device whose keyboard is way too small
Reply 8
Don't you mean 'for the love of god'?
Anyways, i am using a mobile device whose keyboard is way too small

Oh the irony :frown: - I had a similar problem by the way, and I am sorted now :biggrin: :love: if you want more advise, at a more personal level, feel free to PM me :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by 4TSR

I know-I don't mean to mean to the OP but I can't stand it when people don't write or type properly!!!!!!!!
hey there, I know exactly how you feel, before I found my love, I had never had a bf, i thought theres soo many pricks out there how do i KNOW for sure if the guy who i go out with wont cheat on me, lie, be unfaighful, or is just using me for sex so i said to myself I iwll wait till i find the one guy who i KNOW will want to marry me in the long un, and all the guys that had liked me were pricks, they didnt want a serious relationship, until I found my soulmate, we were friends first, we used to talk for hours on end nearly every day and i really liked him and knew he liked me too but we never told each other, one day we thought we would meet up (hes a very close family friend of my aunites so we've seen each other round parties n stuff since we were little, hes 22 and im 18 but we never actually spoke to each other after not seeing each oher for 4 years when we saw each other at a wedding and he didnt recognise me lol!) so when we met up, we were talkin n hugging then suddenly we kissed, it wasnt even planned, so since then, we knew that we wanted to marry each other, he had never had a gf before yet alone KISSED another girl the way i had never had a bf or even kissed a guy, he told me how he always wnated to be with someone who was not a gf, but so much more than just that, someone he knew he would marry n when he found me he realised it was me and thats exactly how i felt about him.
He is a very religious guy, prays 5 times a day, doesnt smoke drink alcohol go clubbing nothing haram and when we got together he made me into a beter muslim and now i pray 5 times a day too thanks to him, although he never forced me to i asked him to teach me. even though we are both religious now, people may think we're haram coz we have each other but if you really want to be loved like I did, then do what I did, dont just go out with any old guy, find a guy who wants to BE with you, someone who doesnt just want a gf but someone who will want to marry you, and if hes a decent genuine guy who says he will then go for it, not someone who says "oh u wanna go out with me", just make sure the go you give your heart to is a guy who you know will want to marry you, that way i wouldnt say its haram, because your with someone who you know will marry you, thats my all my religious hijabi girls dont have an issue with me and my soulmate because they know we will get marrried. I DONT ever use any online sites! it says int he quran even before we are born allah knows who we will marry, and u should never go looking for love, let love come toyou, if you go looking for it you will never find true love, be patient, i waited 16 years until I found him, that was 2 years ago and he waited 20 years, its different for eveyone, and you never know, your soulmate could be right under your nose! it could be someone you NEVER would have thought you would fall in love me, like me! i never thought in a million years i would end up loving him but I did, so it could be anyone!
if you wanna ask me anything feel free to message me im here to help! :smile: xxxx
PM me.
Take liberties with your religion - you have can be an emotional relationship, it doesn't have to be physical.
Reply 13
Original post by 4TSR
Oh the irony :frown: - I had a similar problem by the way, and I am sorted now :biggrin: :love: if you want more advise, at a more personal level, feel free to PM me :smile:
thanks, bt i hope you are a muslim as i would prefer advice from a person who understands my dilemma.
Reply 14
thanks, bt i hope you are a muslim as i would prefer advice from a person who understands my dilemma.

Yes, yes I am :smile:

I know how you feel, i'm 21 and muslim and never had a boyfriend, I realllyy want someone right now :frown: it sucks.

I want to be atleast engaged, and give that one person all the love I have, but it has to be the right person, but knowing my parent's it will probably be someone from backhome =(
Reply 16
Original post by Love My Fiance
hey there, I know exactly how you feel, before I found my love, I had never had a bf, i thought theres soo many pricks out there how do i KNOW for sure if the guy who i go out with wont cheat on me, lie, be unfaighful, or is just using me for sex so i said to myself I iwll wait till i find the one guy who i KNOW will want to marry me in the long un, and all the guys that had liked me were pricks, they didnt want a serious relationship, until I found my soulmate, we were friends first, we used to talk for hours on end nearly every day and i really liked him and knew he liked me too but we never told each other, one day we thought we would meet up (hes a very close family friend of my aunites so we've seen each other round parties n stuff since we were little, hes 22 and im 18 but we never actually spoke to each other after not seeing each oher for 4 years when we saw each other at a wedding and he didnt recognise me lol!) so when we met up, we were talkin n hugging then suddenly we kissed, it wasnt even planned, so since then, we knew that we wanted to marry each other, he had never had a gf before yet alone KISSED another girl the way i had never had a bf or even kissed a guy, he told me how he always wnated to be with someone who was not a gf, but so much more than just that, someone he knew he would marry n when he found me he realised it was me and thats exactly how i felt about him.
He is a very religious guy, prays 5 times a day, doesnt smoke drink alcohol go clubbing nothing haram and when we got together he made me into a beter muslim and now i pray 5 times a day too thanks to him, although he never forced me to i asked him to teach me. even though we are both religious now, people may think we're haram coz we have each other but if you really want to be loved like I did, then do what I did, dont just go out with any old guy, find a guy who wants to BE with you, someone who doesnt just want a gf but someone who will want to marry you, and if hes a decent genuine guy who says he will then go for it, not someone who says "oh u wanna go out with me", just make sure the go you give your heart to is a guy who you know will want to marry you, that way i wouldnt say its haram, because your with someone who you know will marry you, thats my all my religious hijabi girls dont have an issue with me and my soulmate because they know we will get marrried. I DONT ever use any online sites! it says int he quran even before we are born allah knows who we will marry, and u should never go looking for love, let love come toyou, if you go looking for it you will never find true love, be patient, i waited 16 years until I found him, that was 2 years ago and he waited 20 years, its different for eveyone, and you never know, your soulmate could be right under your nose! it could be someone you NEVER would have thought you would fall in love me, like me! i never thought in a million years i would end up loving him but I did, so it could be anyone!
if you wanna ask me anything feel free to message me im here to help! :smile: xxxx
thank you. I am very happy for you but i just don't want to have to wait for too long :frown:
Reply 17
I know how you feel, i'm 21 and muslim and never had a boyfriend, I realllyy want someone right now :frown: it sucks.

I want to be atleast engaged, and give that one person all the love I have, but it has to be the right person, but knowing my parent's it will probably be someone from backhome =(
i totally understand your situation: my parents would prefer me to marry someone the family knows :frown:
but you never know, he could be around the corner, if you keep on searching you'll never find him, he could come tmw, next month, next year but whenever he does come, the wait will be so worth it, good things come to those who wait :smile: I mean some people have arrnaged marriages but im totally agaisnt them, how could someone marry someone their parents chose for them? love is about finding someone for yourself, not your parents, I would try to be patient because at least you know, allah has given you a life partner and hes out there somewhere waiting for you :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Peace0fM1nd
PM me.
can you please develop on why i should pm you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending