The Student Room Group

Anyone waiting for things from Amazon?

I ordered a couple of things on the 27th November, 4 items on 2 orders. They were all dispatched on the next day.

One order came well before the estimated date, this wasn't from Amazon, but a seller.

I'm still waiting for the other, over 2 weeks after the estimated delivery date, 3rd December. I've emailed and emailed them and I don't get anything useful back from them.

About a week ago, I ordered something else, again from Amazon itself. It arrived a couple of days ago.

Anyone else waiting for things?

Scroll to see replies

My mum ordered a game for my sister on the 2nd and it was despatched and supposed to arrive by the 9th but it didn't so she contacted them and they cancelled it and gave her a full refund and she just bought it in asda. Can you do something similar or is it only available in asda?
Reply 2
One of my friends is still waiting on things. The thing is she thought that it would be my present that was going to be late rather than my friends as it was dispatched last however mine is the only one that has come. I did my Christmas shopping over a month ago so its fine for me. I suppose the others are caught up in the backlog whereas my present didn't and got sorted straight away.
Reply 3
Not from Amazon, but from others.

Firebox dispatched on the 30th November - I have been contacting them regularly but they put me off because of snow. I got up to another level today, and it seems the parcel has been totally and utterly lost. So I'm getting a new one. Unfortunately, this means it will have to go to my parents' house - not an awesome state of affairs.

Play.com dispatched pretty quickly as well - I got one parcel but not the other. Their late deliveries policy is a lot stricter though so I doubt I'll get it before Christmas now :frown:
I ordered my family's presents at the end of November and they still haven't come, but I'm waiting until some of this snow has cleared before contacting Amazon. My postman is highly unreliable and only comes once a week (hasn't been for a couple courtesy of snow) so I may as well check if he has anything for me first.
Reply 5
I am. Got this email from them this morning:

Dear Customer,

Ensuring that you receive your order in time for Christmas is our number one priority.

The recent weather conditions have resulted in backlogs across the entire UK for our delivery partners, but we are in constant communication with them and are working around the clock to make sure that orders with an estimated delivery time before December 24, arrive in time for Christmas.

We are currently experiencing an increased volume of e-mails and phone calls into our customer service centre. This is causing delays to our usual speed of response but rest assured, we are working through all enquiries in order of receipt.

There are some useful self-service links that allow you to see the details of your order and its current status. You can access these by visiting Your Account.

If your order has already been dispatched via a trackable method, please use the tracking information on your confirmation e-mail or in 'Your Account' to track your delivery via the relevant carrier website.

If your order was dispatched via a non-trackable method, please rest assured that your item is on its way to you now.

If your order has not yet been dispatched please check 'Your Account' regularly where you will find the most up-to-date information regarding dispatch dates and estimated delivery dates.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

With kind regards,

Brian McBride

Managing Director, Amazon.co.uk

:dontknow:
Reply 6
Original post by Lights

Dear Customer,

Ensuring that you receive your order in time for Christmas is our number one priority.

The recent weather conditions have resulted in backlogs across the entire UK for our delivery partners, but we are in constant communication with them and are working around the clock to make sure that orders with an estimated delivery time before December 24, arrive in time for Christmas.

We are currently experiencing an increased volume of e-mails and phone calls into our customer service centre. This is causing delays to our usual speed of response but rest assured, we are working through all enquiries in order of receipt.

There are some useful self-service links that allow you to see the details of your order and its current status. You can access these by visiting Your Account.

If your order has already been dispatched via a trackable method, please use the tracking information on your confirmation e-mail or in 'Your Account' to track your delivery via the relevant carrier website.

If your order was dispatched via a non-trackable method, please rest assured that your item is on its way to you now.

If your order has not yet been dispatched please check 'Your Account' regularly where you will find the most up-to-date information regarding dispatch dates and estimated delivery dates.

With kind regards,

Brian McBride

I've ordered stuff and I had that email too
Reply 7
I ordered four books; three have come, but the second one to be shipped hasn't arrived yet. I'm not too worried though... if it hasn't come by January I might ask about it though.
Reply 8
yeah it might be a little weird in terms of delivery times for amazon,cause of the snow and it being so close to christmas an all, i order 2 textbooks, about a week ago, one came 2day and the ither came litterally a day after i ordered it, but my dad who ordered a book like 2 weeks ago, still has got it lmao
Reply 9
I ordered a book, dvd, wii game and a hard drive on thursday. All dispatched in 2 parcels estimated delivery before xmas. Somehow with this snow it looks unlikely to happen now :frown:
I ordered a DVD for my nan more than a week ago and it's still not here! You're not alone.

If Nana Quirke doesn't get her Les Miserables DVD then I am going to be pissedddd!
Reply 11
I ordered something 1st class that was despatched early Thurs morning and still hasn't arrived. Something my mum ordered took about a week from despatch to get here... I think it's just due to delays/backlog with Royal Mail.
Yeah they seem quite hopeless. I'm sure it's not actually snow related as other orders from different companies have come through. Also some amazon stuff has arrived but other items haven't, which is unusual as they are very similar items probably coming from the same place. So on second thoughts, it probably is the crappy mail.
Original post by Lights

Dear Customer,

With kind regards,

Brian McBride

I got that email but my package had already come :s-smilie:
Reply 14
I ordered something on the 6th which came yesterday, but I know several people waiting on bits from Amazon ordered from the start of the month.. Our uni post room said most things seem to be taking 2 weeks at the least. It's not just Amazon though, the combination of the weather plus frantic Xmas orders seems to be causing general chaos :dontknow:
Reply 15
I ordered something small from a seller in the US about two weeks ago. It was dispatched pretty quickly, but usually when I've ordered from abroad it's been quicker. Still, can't complain, considering the time of year.
I ordered something with prime next day delivery, supposed to arrive a week ago. It never came and all the tracking ever said was that it had left Milton Keynes. Having no idea where it was and about to head home I asked if they could find out where it was and change the delivery address to my parents house, as the courier told me I could do on their website, and all I got back was a message saying I might get it by Monday. Not particularly useful considering there is now nobody in the flat. I just cancelled the order and went to HMV instead. More expensive but at least I've got my stuff =/
Reply 17
I ordered an iPod case on the 8th from Amazon... Still waiting on it! It was due to arrive on the 15th, apparently.
Reply 18
All my stuff has come and I ordered it like a week ago :smile:
Reply 19
I thought this was going to be about the pre-christmas adverse weather conditions. If you ordered something that long ago the order hasn't got through and you need to contact amazon directly (does it have tracking options?) If you order something even with Super Saver delivery it should arrive within a week or somethings went wrong the your order.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending