The Student Room Group

How should I play this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by sarahthegemini
Am I the only one thinking maybe she wasn't interested in you OP. You said you had to 'work hard' just to get her to dance with you and have a conversation ... tbh she probably didn't want to talk to you but felt she had to seeing as you obviously wasn't taking the hint.

Text her later today ... and see what she responds (IF she responds) :ninja:

Sarah, question, what signs do you give out to suggest that you like a guy? So for example, play the role of the OP's encounter, how would it have played out if it was you?

(I ask because, it would be incredibly difficult to understand whether a girl likes a guy under that logic)
(edited 13 years ago)
Lets see. Man up and text her today. Right now.

Say somthing that gives value and doesn't require a response. So for instance, the worst first text ever sent would be something like “Hey what’s up? It’s Douche from last night, how’s it going? You around later this week?”

Ugh, gag.

Sending something to the effect of “I heart you x”, or “I don’t care what people say, I think you’re rad / pretty cool ;-P”
Reply 22
Original post by Different Cloud
Lets see. Man up and text her today. Right now.

Say somthing that gives value and doesn't require a response. So for instance, the worst first text ever sent would be something like “Hey what’s up? It’s Douche from last night, how’s it going? You around later this week?”

Ugh, gag.

Sending something to the effect of “I heart you x”, or “I don’t care what people say, I think you’re rad / pretty cool ;-P”

Worst.advice.ever.
Reply 23
I'm gonna call. Shows confidence. Plus texts get long cos you end up knowing most things about each other without actually talking, which makes conversation harder when u meet up
Original post by Steezy
Worst.advice.ever.

How do you know that? form your own personal opinion and experience I reckon?. - Considering your the thread starter asking how to play the situation cool. I gave you the information needed, which is valid but your not willing to take the risk even though your the one that asked for the advice.

Simple as it is, if you were clever enough, you would have put your number into her phone at the time and sent her a text last night. If you wanted to be the man, follow your own intentions and show your confidence. You should have taken her home last night and sealed the day. - But you didn't.

Did you give her your number? - Phone her then Mr Cool and put her under pressure to talk to you. Fiver says she doesn't answer.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by Different Cloud
How do you know that? form your own personal opinion and experience I reckon?. - Considering your the thread starter asking how to play the situation cool. I gave you the information needed, which is valid but your not willing to take the risk even though your the one that asked for the advice.

Simple as it is, if you were clever enough, you would have put your number into her phone at the time and sent her a text last night. If you wanted to be the man, follow your own intentions and show your confidence. You should have taken her home last night and sealed the day. - But you didn't.

Phone her then Mr Cool and put her under pressure to talk to you. Fiver says she doesn't answer.

lol I don't really think you've got a clue. Thanks for your posts though, I did ask for advice, I just don't think sending a text saying 'i heart you' the morning after meeting a girl is a good idea. Calling is better because it shows confidence, maturity and effort. I didn't try to take her home last night because I really liked her and a ons was not what I was after
Original post by Steezy
lol I don't really think you've got a clue. Thanks for your posts though, I did ask for advice, I just don't think sending a text saying 'i heart you' the morning after meeting a girl is a good idea. Calling is better because it shows confidence, maturity and effort. I didn't try to take her home last night because I really liked her and a ons was not what I was after

I personally don't think you have a clue either :tongue:

You never answered the question. Did you give her your number? - This makes the difference in whatever you do call or text.

To be exact, I said sending something to the effect of. And gave examples but the examples I gave are perfectly fine but I guess it really depends on how you acted in person. In both cases / examples I’m simply giving her cutesie emotions and asking for nothing. She may or may not respond… irrelevant, from here my first impression is solid and I can follow up later as I please.

Personality. It's tailored to mine. Use your own. Give value, be random, use statements and don't ask questions requiring a response. Investment equilibrium If I don't say so myself.

Difference Is, I'd of still taken her home. Man Up.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending