The Student Room Group

What’s something you know you do differently than most people?

Scroll to see replies

I do everything differently.
Original post by dnumberwang
I always go up/down stairs 2 at a time, always
I can never have the air conditioning temperature set to a prime number, it's just wrong

I've also had Nando's 2 days in a row before :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'm the opposite, I always have to put one foot on each step!

I take tablets weirdly apparently. I drink some water, then put the tablet in and then swallow both. Most people seem to put the tablet in their mouth before they drink any water :confused:
I rotate mugs/glasses when drinking from them, can't really describe how but it's odd so I try and avoid it when out :P
I eat things quite weirdly sometimes. Like, if I have a crunchie/kitkat/chicken nugger I have to eat the outsde bit first, then eat the inside.

I also eat with my knife and fork the wrong way around and wear my watch on my right hand even though I'm right handed.

And I never set my alarm clock to a time ending in a 0 or a 5...So it has to be 6:12 instead of 6:15 or 6:10. I also never change the time on my watch regardless of daylight savings.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 104
I spread butter with a spoon :smile:
Original post by dnumberwang
I've never ever ever heard anyone say can't be asked :s
Ever.

Its because you live in the north (i assume). I had never heard anyone use 'cant be arsed' before, until i came on tsr and everyone was saying. I thought everyone had gone crazy.
Everyone says cant be asked where i live (london:biggrin:)
it must be a regional thing
I play Guitar Hero on Expert and left-handed... It's a real talent of mine.

Oh and I also chew the graphite ends of pencils, they break all the time and my teeth get stained black.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by purplesky

And I never set my alarm clock to a time ending in a 0 or a 5...So it has to be 6:12 instead of 6:15 or 6:10. I also never change the time on my watch regardless of daylight savings.

This, my school alarm is set for 6:53 :biggrin:
Reply 108
I always use a chopstick to remove the tea bag from my cup
Always use fountain pens - its the only way my handwriting is legible

Every time I go to London I have to buy a duck from China Town.
Original post by Lewroll

If you cant be 'asked' to do something however, that means you dont want to be asked, because you dont want to do what youve been asked to do. Makes perfect sense.

But you can still be asked to do it...

I just stick to can't be bothered...
Reply 110
I wear my watch on my right hand!
Original post by razzmatazz rach
But you can still be asked to do it...

I just stick to can't be bothered...

Still makes more sense than cant be arsed (which means nothing) obviously they are idioms or something like that, so it probably shouldnt matter what we say. I just better be careful next time i go to the north and say cant be asked, i might get some funny looks :biggrin:
Original post by thewiseone
:lolwut:

i dunno, i've had far, far more embarrassing ways of doing things (when i was 12, i **** you not i used to have to touch food with my forehead before i could eat it, (as in, every mouthfull ) which sort of was incredibly embarrassing.

any unplanned touching of things has to happen equally (so, if i accidentally brush my left hand against the wall, i'd then have to do the same thing with my right hand)

it's not as weird as it sounds, and i can avoid publicly drinking pretty easily :rolleyes:
Where do I begin? :colondollar:

I'm left handed, which is probably why I hold my pen / pencil in a really strange way. I sometimes count the steps in my head when I'm walking up or down stairs, I prefer wearing headphones to listening to things through speakers (apart from when I watch TV).

I put tartare sauce on mashed potatoes, I put cheese on those pasta salads you get from Tesco, I have ridiculous amounts of vinegar on chips so much so that people who know me often ask me if I want "chips with my vinegar".

Oh, and I don't let anyone touch my computer, I don't know why but I just don't like anyone touching it. :dontknow:

That's all (for now :ninja:).
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Casshern1456

Original post by Casshern1456
I seen this documentary on bbc iplayer on this sleeping beauty girl who spends a fortnight of every month sleeping. Just thought I'll let you know....:smile:

Saw that too!
Avoid stepping on grass sticking out from under the pavement D:

I almost always sleep with the heater on every night, on heat or cold. Summer, winter, whenever, I've grown used to having it to help me sleep now... but I can sleep without it elsewhere

To be honest, not that many things. I thought I did loads of things different to other people but thinking about it I can barely think of anything
Original post by joey11223
OCD thing I suppose but with a few meals I am highly selective on what goes on the fork in each mouthful, for example in fish and chips there HAS to be a bit of fish and chip(a few if they're skinny fries). With a roast chicken dinner there HAS to be a bit of chicken, a bit of potato and a bit of stuffing, some veg too if there's room on the fork. I try and not do this in restaurants though as one problem can be, especially with fish and chips, that the above method results in rather big mouthfuls and it can look like I'm playing with my food when I'm actually sorting it out. So.....yeah the men in white coats can take me now.:biggrin::redface:

probably other stuff too if I wasn't too tired to think about it...

You're just mixing your food, isn't that what everyone does?
no that's not what I meant. The documentary is called sleeping beauty.
Original post by Dumdedoobie
Oh, this has reminded me of one.

The way I write. :h: I do it sideways.

Ah, nearly everyone I know writes sideways. :colondollar:
I initially couldn't think of anything, but I sometimes count the number of tiles on floors/walls, or repeating patterns on walls and wallpapers, or the number of sides different objects have. Now I just sound weird.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending