The Student Room Group

Conditional Offer Question?

Hello people
So I received a offer from Leeds met for business management which needs 120 points. Although i'm doing a lv3 business cert, how is possible to get 2 PP's when its equivalent to 80 points yet we do 12 units which are worth 6 points each. So it's actually not possible to reach at 72 points, could some elaborate on this please :/?
Reply 1
Original post by Scarce2324
Hello people
So I received a offer from Leeds met for business management which needs 120 points. Although i'm doing a lv3 business cert, how is possible to get 2 PP's when its equivalent to 80 points yet we do 12 units which are worth 6 points each. So it's actually not possible to reach at 72 points, could some elaborate on this please :/?
I'm sorry, I can't make any sense of this. The best thing to do if you don't understand your offer is contact the uni for clarification.
Reply 2
Sorry I was kind of tired last night when I written this, I correct what I'm trying to say:
-On the tariff table for PP it's 80 points
-On my course I'm doing 12 units
-Each unit is worth at least 6 points on the pass criteria
-Example if I done all the units as pass only I will only 72 points
-So how is reaching the PP possible then?
(By the way going on the assumption I done no merits etc)

Hope it makes a lil sense
Reply 3
Sorry I was kind of tired last night when I written this, I correct what I'm trying to say:
-On the tariff table for PP it's 80 points
-On my course I'm doing 12 units
-Each unit is worth at least 6 points on the pass criteria
-Example if I done all the units as pass only I will only 72 points
-So how is reaching the PP possible then?
(By the way going on the assumption I done no merits etc)

Hope it makes a lil sense

Well if your only able to get Pass you wont be able to make your offer, you would need to get MP which is the same 120 UCAS points

so you need MP
Reply 4
Ok thanks for the reply!
Last thing now to clarify this point
-The first 6 units I get pass's for all of them which are 36 points
-My last 6 units i get distinctions for all of them which is 108 points
- Altogether 144 points
Am I correct with this?
Reply 5
Ok thanks for the reply!
Last thing now to clarify this point
-The first 6 units I get pass's for all of them which are 36 points
-My last 6 units i get distinctions for all of them which is 108 points
- Altogether 144 points
Am I correct with this?

You need MP to get your offer so you need min BTEC points of 96 which is the Certificate/Diploma, if you currently done 6 units and pass them all

6 Pass * 6 = 36
4 Merits * 12 = 48
2 Pass * 6 = 12

That is the MINIMUM for you meeting your offer :smile:
Reply 6
Oh I see now I think you nearly cleared it up for me! :smile:
But the thing that confuses me, your saying I need 96 points to get into uni whereas it says 120 on my UCAS Application...
Are you basically saying that the 96 is equivalent to the 120 points I need?

*Edit* When I'm talking about the equivalent part by the way, I'm talking about the BTEC Grading system vs UCAS Tariff System.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
Oh I see now I think you nearly cleared it up for me! :smile:
But the thing that confuses me, your saying I need 96 points to get into uni whereas it says 120 on my UCAS Application...
Are you basically saying that the 96 is equivalent to the 120 points I need?

*Edit* When I'm talking about the equivalent part by the way, I'm talking about the BTEC Grading system vs UCAS Tariff System.

Yes and No

When i say 96 points, that is 96 points in BTEC terms, but as 96 points is the minimum for MP, which is 120 UCAS points :smile: then yes
Reply 8
96 points (MP) is equivalent to 120 UCAS Points.
Gotcha'
Thanks for the help, you have certainly got me on the right stage now.

Thanks again :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by MylesXD
Yes and No

When i say 96 points, that is 96 points in BTEC terms, but as 96 points is the minimum for MP, which is 120 UCAS points :smile: then yes

Oh by the way I don't suppose you have a spreadsheet/calculator as well for the unit calculations :smile:?
Reply 10
Oh by the way I don't suppose you have a spreadsheet/calculator as well for the unit calculations :smile:?

Well i do but its at college hahaha lol so no sorry
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending