The Student Room Group

Broadcast Journalism Offers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hey there,

I applied for this Cardiff course - I got an offer a few weeks ago. I was quite suprised as I did receive an email saying that they were unsure (most likely because of fees issues) as to how many places they could offer, so I wasn't expected to hear back until Feb time!

Have you heard from them yet? And where else have you applied for?

I'm going to Bmouth selection process tomorrow :/

Tazz
Reply 41
The Bournemouth thing yday was hard in my opinion - everyone seemed to want it more than me and had amazing portfolios filled with work experience which I didnt really have, although they did stress that we've done very well for getting that far and that this wasnt meant to be a test or anything - more of a day for us to see if it's right for us.
Reply 42
Original post by alevels
The Bournemouth thing yday was hard in my opinion - everyone seemed to want it more than me and had amazing portfolios filled with work experience which I didnt really have, although they did stress that we've done very well for getting that far and that this wasnt meant to be a test or anything - more of a day for us to see if it's right for us.

You've scared me now! I still haven't heard from Bournemouth which is a bit worrying... what kind of things did you have to do? Was everyone really OTT trying to impress etc?
Reply 43
Original post by robtastic
You've scared me now! I still haven't heard from Bournemouth which is a bit worrying... what kind of things did you have to do? Was everyone really OTT trying to impress etc?

There wasn't actually much to do - we got to try TV and radio stuff but it wasn't being evaluated (bet it was!) and there was a quiz about stuff in the news and we showed our portfolios. Thing was some people had sooooo much work experience it was unbelievable :s-smilie: and people were really trying to be OTT to impress - as a guy I don't really have the enthusiasm some of the girls had to be smiling 24/7 and asking all sorts of questions and sounding extremely upbeat etc.
Reply 44
Yay i've got an interview and test at Nott Trent for print journalism in Feb :smile: Some progress finally!
Reply 45
all you people hearing from leeds :frown:
im getting so paranoid! I want to know haha
Reply 46
Original post by oliviaL
all you people hearing from leeds :frown:
im getting so paranoid! I want to know haha

Well, Leeds rang me this morning to tell me that they've accidentally accepted me for the wrong course. Their mistake. So I have a place, but not for Broadcast Journalism. FFS. You might be better off with them taking their time by the sound of it.
Reply 47
Original post by Cariss
Well, Leeds rang me this morning to tell me that they've accidentally accepted me for the wrong course. Their mistake. So I have a place, but not for Broadcast Journalism. FFS. You might be better off with them taking their time by the sound of it.

Wont they tranfer you to the right course?
Reply 48
Original post by alevels

Original post by alevels
There wasn't actually much to do - we got to try TV and radio stuff but it wasn't being evaluated (bet it was!) and there was a quiz about stuff in the news and we showed our portfolios. Thing was some people had sooooo much work experience it was unbelievable :s-smilie: and people were really trying to be OTT to impress - as a guy I don't really have the enthusiasm some of the girls had to be smiling 24/7 and asking all sorts of questions and sounding extremely upbeat etc.

Have you heard back yet? I got an offer today :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by alevels

Ah ok cool. Yeah I can imagine some people have folders bursting with newspaper cuttings and stuff, I only have a few and some radio programs I've done for my local station! Oh well, I suppose if they like you enough it should be ok. Yeah girls are far better at being OTT than us boys haha, probably jacked up on Red Bull!
Did you get an offer?
Reply 50
Merry christmas all of you :smile: hope you all have a nice day tomorrow
I just got an offer from Nottingham Trent, an early christmas present haha
Reply 51
Interview/ selection day thingy at Bournemouth in January :smile: Lovely Christmas pressie!
ah hi guys :3
I applied almost a month ago at:
Sheffield
Leeds
UCLan
Brighton
Gloucestershire

So far I got a conditional offer from Leeds (ABB) and I got an interview for Gloucestershire :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by tazz_yerr
Have you heard back yet? I got an offer today :smile:

Yeah got an offer - they don't even want AAA from me, just ABA. Were u in group 1 by any chance?

Original post by oliviaL
Merry christmas all of you :smile: hope you all have a nice day tomorrow
I just got an offer from Nottingham Trent, an early christmas present haha

Nice. :biggrin:
Reply 54
I applied for pretty much the same as all you guys!
got an offer from trent - which is cool, the admissions test was actually really fun! so don't be nervous if yours is coming up! Just stay calm everyone is super friendly!
Bummed about leeds and sheffield, still haven't heard back from them :frown: so people let me know! Shef looks amazzzzing!

Bournemouth rejected me :frown: for not having a 'focused' enough personal statement, they suck!

Good luck to all u homies
Reply 55
Who has a Nottingham Trent admissions test on Wednesday 19th? :smile:
Reply 56
Original post by bigsmile
Who has a Nottingham Trent admissions test on Wednesday 19th? :smile:

Dont know who does, but ive had one and its really fun :smile:
whats your top choice?
Reply 57
I still dont have anything from Leeds, starting to get even more stressed :frown:
Maybe its my personal statement thats not good, im predicted AAB
What are other people predicted if you dont mind saying
i still havent heard anything from Leeds either, but i have an interview from Nottingham Trent on Wednesday, anyone know what that will consist of?
what did you have to do for your inetrview at Nottingham? ive got mine on the 19th

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending