The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Offers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by sunspoon
Nice calculations. I'm quite amused at how much analysis you've put into this application process though. And where the hell did you get 175 offers from?

No calculations, most of that's straight off the Imperial site. The ~175 is what I was told one the way out by one of the helpers (why? Is it wrong?)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 121
Got an offer from Imperial for Computing!!

Overall Abitur with 1 and 14 in maths and physics.. anybody know what exact average they mean with "1"? 1.3 1.0?
anyway, I'm pretty happy, right in time for christmas :smile:
Reply 122
Original post by roblee
[applicants' thread is here]

Quick answer:
900 applicants,
300 interviews,
~175 offers,
~100 places

Thanks for the information. By seeing the numbers I am quite relieved! :smile:
Reply 123
Original post by i_hate_teeth
thanks are you firming IC?

Yeahh. As long as I can switch to home status fee. Got rejected by oxford w/o interview :frown:

Original post by Doja
OMG! Just got an offer from imperial!! =O For Electrical and Electronics Engineering!!
A*AA!! Interview was only yesterday!! Hehe sooo happy
=]

Nice one :smile:
Original post by roblee
No calculations, most of that's straight off the Imperial site. The ~175 is what I was told one the way out by one of the helpers (why? Is it wrong?)

I think everyone who gets an interview gets an offer. No one has been rejected so far and the offers are ridiculous which may wipe out the weaklings :nothing:

Original post by Dark-Myth
Yeahh. As long as I can switch to home status fee. Got rejected by oxford w/o interview :frown:

So you're international now and hoping to switch to home before the course next year? Same here :s-smilie: Will be firming Imperial anyway though :s-smilie:
Reply 125
Anyone here applying for Biology with a year in industry? Have you got an offer/what was it?
(:
Reply 126
Original post by akhaliq
Anyone here applying for Biology with a year in industry? Have you got an offer/what was it?
(:

el pollo diablo, Antimatter~, and Arianex applied for Biology subjects. They all already have offers for their respective subjects (which you can read on the preceding pages).
Original post by roblee
el pollo diablo, Antimatter~, and Arianex applied for Biology subjects. They all already have offers for their respective subjects (which you can read on the preceding pages).

Roblee - showing the clueless, the light. :smile: You're like the daddy of this thread. :teehee:

Spoiler

Offer for Maths, 39 in IB with 7 in hl maths, 6 in hl physics and 5 in sl english a1.
Visited the campus on 17th, really nice.
Anyone else for maths? sorry cant be bothered to read through the 7 pages, even though ive been through 400+ for the oxford thread.
Original post by ultimategamer
Offer for Maths, 39 in IB with 7 in hl maths, 6 in hl physics and 5 in sl english a1.
Anyone else for maths? sorry cant be bothered to read through the 7 pages, even though ive been through 400+ for the oxford thread.

Other offer holders are on the 3rd post on the first page. Roblee (the daddy of this thread) regularly updates it :smile: Welcome to the extended Imperial family :hugs:
Reply 130

Yes quite a few for maths :smile: I know how that is, I went through 10,000 posts on Cam... Before getting cold rejected :tongue:
I guess you're not likely to be firming Imperial then? :frown:

Original post by nikita_atikin
Other offer holders are on the 3rd post on the first page. Roblee (the daddy of this thread) regularly updates it :smile: Welcome to the extended Imperial family :hugs:

I do update this way too much... But, hey, how else am I going to keep my murder-list up to date? :sexface:
Original post by roblee

Original post by roblee

I guess you're not likely to be firming Imperial then? :frown:

just waiting for oxford rejection, then i will be.
Physic with theoretical physics - A*AA

Edit:

Oh I see i've been already added to the list pre-emptively.
Oh dear - am I being stalked?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 133

I have an offer for Maths and Computer Science, 7 in maths and physics HL. :eek:
Reply 134
just waiting for oxford rejection, then i will be.

Bah, you'll get in- although we're all very keen that you end up with us instead, obviously :biggrin:

Original post by Fat-Love
Physic with theoretical physics - A*AA

Edit:

Oh I see i've been already added to the list pre-emptively.
I feel scared - am I being stalked?

:colone:

You put your offer up on the other thread at the same time as the resident compscis were discussing offers, thought I'd try to be efficient and add you to the list then and there- without your permission :eek: :cool:
ls -R /var/threads/imperial/ | cat | grep [oO][fF]{2}[eE][rR] > /var/threads/imperial/offers2011

---ScanBot running...---
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by roblee
I do update this way too much... But, hey, how else am I going to keep my murder-list up to date? :sexface:

Mate, I'm on TSR way too much so your updating is nothing :rolleyes: Besides we like your updates, makes our stalking more efficient :tongue:

Btw, murder and :sexface: don't go together :nope:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 136
Mate, I'm on TSR way too much so your updating is nothing :rolleyes: Besides we like your updates, makes our stalking more efficient :tongue:

Btw, murder and :sexface: don't go together :nope:

Not unless :colone: is around
Reply 137
Original post by roblee

What he said, though it ain't straight-up Biology (but is somewhat related. xD)

Roblee - showing the clueless, the light. :smile: You're like the daddy of this thread. :teehee:

Spoiler

*best childish girly voice* DADDY ROOOOOOB--! :biggrin:

I jest. :tongue: Particularly when you see this:

Original post by roblee

Murder, he wrote! xD

Anywho, lame wit aside...I was in Oxford for their Engineering Science interview recently - lovely place (the area), though I think it's like London sans the subway - sorry, TUBE (darn my semi-American vocab) - and with wider streets. So if I wanted to indulge in the occasional "cross-area" shopaholic tendencies, I'm apparently in for a tough time. So my diehard shopaholic friends who've been there say.

Flunked my interview so I'm "hoping" (and am pretty sure) they'll reject me so I can firm IC. IMO, Imperial made the better first impression than the Oxford colleges...

To prove my point: Room I stayed in Oriel was pretty draughty (even though it was one of the more expensive, "better-graded" ones") - to the point that I had to shift the room's "plush chair" (okay, more like cushiony-padded-chair) near the radiator, grab the duvet from the bed and sleep in the chair. :P

I -did- see Imperial's accomodation, so yes, I can talk! :biggrin:
arianex
So if I wanted to indulge in the occasional "cross-area" shopaholic tendencies, I'm apparently in for a tough time. So my diehard shopaholic friends who've been there say.

SHOPPING, YOU SAY? :eek: You and I should be friends. :yep: You can be my shopping buddy at Imperial... :biggrin:

Unless roblee wants to volunteer to be my shopping buddy. :biggrin:

Original post by roblee
Not unless :colone: is around

Don't you be pointing the paedo shark at me, young man! :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 139
SHOPPING, YOU SAY? :eek: You and I should be friends. :yep: You can be my shopping buddy at Imperial... :biggrin:

Unless roblee wants to volunteer to be my shopping buddy. :biggrin:

Yes please! ^_^ Not sure id Rob would like the idea - not for the first few weeks anyway, he'd probs want to be busy tracking down those on his "murder-list". xD

Don't you be pointing the paedo shark at me, young man! :tongue:

:rofl3:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending