The Student Room Group

Snow

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
My afro turned white :colonhash:
Original post by The Stig
Woah, London has been issed with the Red 'Take Action' severe weather warning! :shock:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_warnings.html

With 'Very Heavy Snow' expected!

Just read that, meant to be loads this afternoon, not had any since about 12 though
Reply 802
Original post by Liam 09
Ah! the little polystyrene ball kinda things are something called graupel. They are soft hail - a kind of cross between snow and hail. :/. I saw loads of these at the train station the other day and wondered what they were so I looked it up :P

Awesome, muchas gracias! :biggrin:
Reply 803
Original post by SAK.A
Obviously she is a wizard you know. :biggrin:

I hadn't noticed!!!! :rofl3:
Reply 804
Santa just passed by my window! Just like last year. I'm in my room, then I hear jingles outside on the street. It's a guy dressed up as a Santa, with a cosy sleigh and horses. And children can take rides on it.

It's all snowy and nice outside too. So it's quite cool, lol.:^_^:
(edited 13 years ago)
Snow is only good when it's on a ski slope.
Dirty icy slushy snow that brings Britain to a standstill, erm no thanks.
Reply 806
Original post by F.I
Can someone explain to me why the snow here in London is like tiny balls?
Like the stuff you get inside IKEA packaging :p:

I thought i saw someone who didn't realise where they wre on TV. You must have stumbled onto a film set.:colone:

I have quite a lot of snow in my part of London! Seen a few people slip and slide. Proper funny!
Snow angels here I rape!
I was meant to be going to see deadmau5 tonight but we can't get in because of the snow. It's an absolute disgrace that the gig's still even going ahead to be honest. It's practically encouraging people to drive in dangerous conditions - we're not going to, we did last year to see Basement Jaxx and ended up stuck on the M2 all night, so we're not risking it again. 6+ inches of snow fell in less than an hour for ****s sake. This is taking the piss.
Reply 809
We got 7 inches.... Insane!!!
It's jokes that you got negged 25 times for not liking snow. Good old TSR.
Most people only love snow when it's not here.
I personally don't mind it.
But the only reason I don't like it is for my friend who's disabled and in a wheel chair so he's homebound for the whole time. It doesn't affect me, but other than that it can be fun :smile:
Reply 812
Original post by Cuckoo91
It's jokes that you got negged 25 times for not liking snow. Good old TSR.

Keep it coming you DICKS
Original post by sr90
We haven't had a single flake yet, whilst London and Norwich both under an hour away are being obliterated by snow. I'm certainly hoping it stays like this!

Where abouts in Essex are you? In Chelmsford we have loads.
got lots of snow in shropshire :frown: not fair its cancelled my saturday night!
They really need to start buying proper equipment to deal with snow instead of stopping everything and waiting till it melts.
Reply 816
Original post by She_Bittersweet
They really need to start buying proper equipment to deal with snow instead of stopping everything and waiting till it melts.

I highly doubt it because this debate has been going on for years and the govt has hardly done anything about it. Despite the mayor of London travelling to the likes of Vancouver etc and seeing how they manage to deal with the snow.
I've been in a foul mood so have spent most of the day in bed. Only found out it was snowing heavily for the first time here at about 3pm. Apparently it had been snowing since 11 am. FML :colonhash:
Original post by Guvnor
I highly doubt it because this debate has been going on for years and the govt has hardly done anything about it. Despite the mayor of London travelling to the likes of Vancouver etc and seeing how they manage to deal with the snow.

Why do they keep moaning then "unexpected snow" when you can easily look at the forecast where they clearly say snow is coming? Also it costs a lot more to cancel everything you can possibly cancel instead of buying proper equipment.
Reply 819
Original post by She_Bittersweet
Why do they keep moaning then "unexpected snow" when you can easily look at the forecast where they clearly say snow is coming? Also it costs a lot more to cancel everything you can possibly cancel instead of buying proper equipment.

Only if they understood ehh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending