The Student Room Group

What’s something you know you do differently than most people?

Scroll to see replies

'can I have a look at your ipod'

No. NOBODY looks at my ipod
Reply 121
Have sugar rather than milk with my cereal.
Original post by Retrospect
I initially couldn't think of anything, but I sometimes count the number of tiles on floors/walls, or repeating patterns on walls and wallpapers, or the number of sides different objects have. Now I just sound weird.

You are not the only one. :wink:
Original post by Rishz
What’s something you know you do differently than most people? :cool:

Ah,TSR...:rolleyes: By saying something you know you do something than most people are you implying that you know what most people do, or are you just saying that you are an exception to a giant rule (wich means you are looking at it from the heights)? Isn't this thread another example of TSR users excessive ego?:rolleyes:

My rep point is around -200 so you tell me if I give a "censored" wich button do you click.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 124
Original post by dnumberwang
'can I have a look at your ipod'

No. NOBODY looks at my ipod

I'm the same with my phone.
Reply 125
When I'm making a cup of tea I put the milk in before the water. My debating group were shocked at me for making my tea this way earlier in the week.
I see violent and sexually explicit images of people I know in my head.
I keep my squash in the fridge. My flatmates get annoyed at this as takes up room, but I just can't drink it when it's not cold. In fact I can't drink anything if it's not cold (apart from drinks that are meant to be hot)
I eat sandwiches in a weird way: the opposite corners first, then the crust, then the corners again then the end where the crust was and so on.
Reply 128
Original post by itsmyname
Nick Abbot is awesome, haven't tuned into his show in ages! Does he still play those random clips off his soundboard? I miss the days of Iain lee though

ahh i don't think i had started listening when iain lee was there
and YES, he does (i love 'okie slash dokie!'). friday and saturday nights at 10pm (was listening last night) but i'm pretty sure he used to be on more often than that :frown: oh well, at least they're not school nights! definitely one of my faves along with steve allen
The way I study I reckon (at least compared to people who score similarly).

I do absolutely nothing during normal termtime bar coming to lectures (and even that isn't a 100%), then right before exams (varying period prior depending on importance of exam, could be as much as 2 months or as little as a few days) I go crazy, stay up late every day studying, drinking crap loads of caffeine and cram cram cram, even on the tube to the exam I'll be learning facts that get me marks.
Then do pretty well, and confuse people that saw me doing jack throughout the year :biggrin:
Original post by Lewroll
Its probably a regional thing. When i saw people saying it on here i thought it was really strange. Are you in south england? Maybe its a london/south thing to say 'asked' and all the northerners say 'arsed'. Doesnt even make sense, 'cant be asked' makes more sense to me :biggrin:

'Asked' sounds much more odd to me. You say things like 'Get your arse into gear.' So, 'Can't be arsed' might originate from something like that.

I'd agree and say it's a regional thing.

On another note, I do the reverse knife and fork thing, I hold my pen/pencil in a very odd way and I have to have a full-stop after nearly everything.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by joey11223
OCD thing I suppose but with a few meals I am highly selective on what goes on the fork in each mouthful, for example in fish and chips there HAS to be a bit of fish and chip(a few if they're skinny fries). With a roast chicken dinner there HAS to be a bit of chicken, a bit of potato and a bit of stuffing, some veg too if there's room on the fork. I try and not do this in restaurants though as one problem can be, especially with fish and chips, that the above method results in rather big mouthfuls and it can look like I'm playing with my food when I'm actually sorting it out. So.....yeah the men in white coats can take me now.:biggrin::redface:

probably other stuff too if I wasn't too tired to think about it...

According to my parents the normal way to eat is to have a bit of everything on your fork.

With roast dinners I eat all the veg first, then the mean, then the roast potato or yorkshire pudding (because I like that the most).
*buys a burger*
*takes top bun off*
*removes every last piece of lettuce*
*puts bun back*
*eats*
Reply 133
Pretty much everything I do seems different to how everyone else does it.

Eg, When I walk down the street, most people find it easy just to hold their head up and walk around like a normal human being, but me, no, I can't lift my head up or look anyone in the eye while I'm walking because I'm such a ******* RETARD!
I use a usb cup warmer !
Looks like this

I forget how to walk. I'll be walking to school, and for some reason i'd think ''wait, left foot or right foot?, or lose my speed and get my legs jumbled up. I'm very clumsy whilst walking.

I have to drink from the glass where i first drank it from. So I can't drink my drink from anywhere else on the rim... otherwise i'll have to drink from all around to make it seem equal.

And like other people have said, using my knife and fork the wrong way round, putting a little bit of everything on the fork/spoon whilst eating, making things an even number or a multiple of 5.

Damn.
*sigh*

if you really want to find out go onto bbc iplayer and watch it.
Original post by heartimplode
reminded me of another one: I'm left-handed!

but I don't do that knife in left hand fork in right thing.

i'm left handed too!
people always make such a deal of it - this reminds me of once I heard this woman on the phone with the bank and the bank asked her about some overdraft payment and her reply to this was'I'm left-handed, my brain works the other way round-I do not uunderstand a word you're saying!' lolz
Original post by Ultimate_Geek
'Asked' sounds much more odd to me. You say things like 'Get your arse into gear.' So, 'Can't be arsed' might originate from something like that.

I'd agree and say it's a regional thing.

On another note, I do the reverse knife and fork thing, I hold my pen/pencil in a very odd way and I have to have a full-stop after nearly everything.

The only reason it sounds odd to you is because you are used to hearing 'arsed'. The same reason 'arsed' sounds odd to me, because ive only ever heard 'asked'.
It sounds weird to me because there is no other phrase where 'arse' is used as a verb, whereas 'ask' is much more common in use as a verb.
'Can't be arsed' means nothing in english and I wouldnt be surprised if the lexical change occured from pronounciation or perhaps being misheard. Or i may be completely wrong lol. Asked just seems to make more sense to me, hey every one says it in london :biggrin:
Lots of OCD on this forum. Lots.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending