The Student Room Group

the anxious thread

well i hav applied to dentistry at manc, leeds, sheff and cardiff.......none of them have replied back......the thing im quite passionate about dentistry and applying was really a just punt as i dont have the greatest set of academia:
gcse: 6xA, 2xB,2xC
AS : BBCC
A2 pred: AAB

anyway my question is none of the unis have replyed back via ucas track.......if they are going to reject me why are they taking so F*&king long, i wud rather kno now!! I say this because i kno people who had interviews at manc, and offers from leeds etc already, so they must have already rejected some people right??!! This waiting is killing me......
Reply 1
LOL dentistry...
Reply 2
cos they have thousands of applications to get through

if you're really that worried then ring them up - they won't bite
Reply 3
Original post by xarcul
LOL dentistry...

lol^ veterinary, wonder how many times you have stuck your finger up a cats arse.....
Reply 4
Original post by xarcul
LOL dentistry...

You may laugh - But they earn **** loads of money.
Reply 5
Original post by R3L4Y
You may laugh - But they earn **** loads of money.

Making it a shallow and unfulfilling profession...
Reply 6
Original post by MrMoonmunch
lol^ veterinary, wonder how many times you have stuck your finger up a cats arse.....

I have never stuck my finger up a 'cats arse'.
Nor is it a common thing to do in the profession.
Reply 7
Original post by xarcul
Making it a shallow and unfulfilling profession...

shallow? I'm sorry but I like taking care of my teeth. Not just aesthetically but for my health. Do you know that people with a poor dental hygiene are more likely to get a heart attack?
And unfulfilling? you jokin? I love my dentist. They make people smile. :biggrin:

Spoiler

Reply 8
mate, i dont think leeds given out offers yet. they havent even given out interview let alone offers!! jus be patience.
Reply 9
Original post by jarofjam
Leeds haven't even started interviewing so I don't know where you've heard this from and it's only December, you have to be patient.

Also, you've applied to 4 AAA universities with AAB predictions, forget about the application for a while now (they'll be closing for Xmas) and concentrate on revising for your Jan exam. Kick arse those exams and make sure you get the AAA grades so you can reapply if you're not fortunate to gain a place this time.

thats great advise, (unlike that cambridge vet scumbag^) cheers mate and believe me i am revising my ass off....
Reply 10
Original post by xarcul
I have never stuck my finger up a 'cats arse'.
Nor is it a common thing to do in the profession.

It's common to stick your arm up a cow's arse though.
Reply 11
Original post by topboim
mate, i dont think leeds given out offers yet. they havent even given out interview let alone offers!! jus be patience.

rele no interviews u sure mate? im just wondering cause ive all searched these massive dentistry threads on tsr and it seems some people already have unconditional offers????? abut i guess ur probably right, my friend with 10A*s and straight A's at AS hasnt heard back from 'em yet either...
Reply 12
rele no interviews u sure mate? im just wondering cause ive all searched these massive dentistry threads on tsr and it seems some people already have unconditional offers????? abut i guess ur probably right, my friend with 10A*s and straight A's at AS hasnt heard back from 'em yet either...

Most likely because they applied last year (2009) for deferred entry (2011 entry).
Reply 13
Most likely because they applied last year (2009) for deferred entry (2011 entry).

AHHHHHHH right.....that may be it
Reply 14
It's common to stick your arm up a cow's arse though.

Yet the profession isn't centered around it. Dentistry on the other hand...
Reply 15
Original post by xarcul
Yet the profession isn't centered around it. Dentistry on the other hand...

so you admit you have stuck your hand up a cow's arse then?
Reply 16
so you admit you have stuck your hand up a cow's arse then?

No, but I have stuck my hand up a sheep's vagina.
Reply 17
LOL^ there we go, what a lovely and rewarding profession
Reply 18

yes mate i sure. i have been following the massive threads for awhile and someone rang up and got told that they will send out interviews n reject 1st week of jan. well there are few people who got unconditional offers but i dont think they are from leeds. must be some other unis.

Quick Reply

Latest