The Student Room Group

What’s something you know you do differently than most people?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
I mix bread in my soup so it becomes more of a stew.

I sit with my foot on on the seat sometimes. Like this but sitting.
I like to eat hands and think that a well-cooked face makes a good present for my best friend :wink:
Original post by No Man

Yeah. I sit on my feet when I'm sitting. :L My family think it's weird. And I cross my feet over when I'm curled up on the sofa as well. Apparently it's unnatural.

And I eat teacakes by biting off all the chocolate, then scooping out the marshmallow part and then eating the biscuit. None of my friends do that, they say it's too messy. But whatever. :lol:
I can't step on the cracks on the pavement - I just can't. It means that when the pavement is especially uneven, I end up having to do wierd monouvers with my feet or standing on tiptoes if there's lots of cracks on one slab. It's really wierd :colondollar:

I also hold my fork in my right hand and my knife in my left, and I'm right handed. I say 'asked' instead of 'arsed', but i always assumed that was perfectly normal since I'd never even heard of 'arsed' before I came on tsr.

Whenever I'm reading a book and i have to stop, I can't stop unless the page I have read since the last time I stopped is a multiple of ten. This basically means I stop at a multiple of ten all the time. It gets annoying when I've read 201 pages and i have to go but I need to continue reading till 210. I can't seem to break the habit!

And I eat cupcake wrappers :colondollar: they just taste so damn good!
Reply 144
I'm left-handed but play guitar right-handed.
OCD about touching all the corners of tables when i walk past them :O
Original post by PapaShmurff
I can't put a scarf on properly so i always ended up wearing it like a tie :lol:

lol
Original post by anonymous_angel_16
i'm left handed too!
people always make such a deal of it - this reminds me of once I heard this woman on the phone with the bank and the bank asked her about some overdraft payment and her reply to this was'I'm left-handed, my brain works the other way round-I do not uunderstand a word you're saying!' lolz

LOL :laugh: Yeah, I never understand when people make such a big deal after they find out I'm left-handed. It's just.. using another hand o.o but I am rather proud of being a left-hander - have no idea why though :tongue:

Are you artistic? I get told left-handers are usually 'arty' people. I for one :cool:

hmm.. trying not to go off-topic: Another thing I do differently to other people. Well I happily wake up between 5-6.30am without an alarm every day of the week, holiday or not, and very weirdly get extremely upset if I wake up any time on or after 7am.
Original post by kopi, ffs
the way i finger my bum.

i also eat my creme egg by cutting open my stomach and popping it inside but, lol, other people probably do that too :blush:

that made me LOL :biggrin:
Original post by heartimplode
LOL :laugh: Yeah, I never understand when people make such a big deal after they find out I'm left-handed. It's just.. using another hand o.o but I am rather proud of being a left-hander - have no idea why though :tongue:

Are you artistic? I get told left-handers are usually 'arty' people. I for one :cool:

hmm.. trying not to go off-topic: Another thing I do differently to other people. Well I happily wake up between 5-6.30am without an alarm every day of the week, holiday or not, and very weirdly get extremely upset if I wake up any time on or after 7am.

I think I'm the only left-handed person that defies that rule!
everyone else that I know that are left-handed are arty but not me :frown:
I can hardly even draw a stick person properly!
I've heard that left-handed people, on average, are more clever, i think that's true :wink: lol - just kidding

BTW, hate waking up early in the morning!
how do you manage to do that without an alarm?!
Original post by No Man

That's common.:rolleyes: NEXT!!!!!:angry:
Whenever I see a year written down or said on TV or something, I have to work out how many years away from the current year it is. Also I get really happy when I realise that the all the numbers in the date have a common factor, but I really don't like it if they're all prime numbers.

08/12/10 = yay!
13/11/03 = :mad:
Original post by neutralmilkhotel
I sometimes subconsciously count the number of words a person says in a conversation. If it's an odd number I don't like it, but I like if it's an even number. Sounds weird I know.

I think it's just a habit thing. I don't do it all the time, so it's not like an OCD/ADHD thing.

I'm exactly the same as this and have been clinically diagnosed with OCD for many years!

Original post by basketofsnakes
I'm like this but only with toilet doors, dont want other peoples' germs on me

True toilet doors are the worst but then people go and touch other doors with toilet related germy hands so I don't take the risk! :tongue:
Original post by MovingOn
I'm exactly the same as this and have been clinically diagnosed with OCD for many years!

Oh right.. it's not a sort of anxiety though. More of a mild annoyance. :biggrin:
Oh right.. it's not a sort of anxiety though. More of a mild annoyance. :biggrin:

Same here, I don't get anxious if I don't like the end number, I just prefer it if I do :tongue:
Same here, I don't get anxious if I don't like the end number, I just prefer it if I do :tongue:

What other things do you do, that caused you get diagnosed? :smile:
What other things do you do, that caused you get diagnosed? :smile:

The main part of my OCD which is centred around extreme hygiene, and that part of my OCD does cause me anxiety as you mentioned it can. To be honest, I've literally just realised from talking to you that the numbers thing I have is the only part of my OCD that doesn't make me anxious! :s-smilie:
The people I meet think I am left handed because of the way I hold pens, but I hold the pens in my right hand so it never makes sense when they ask me if I am left handed :s-smilie:
The main part of my OCD which is centred around extreme hygiene, and that part of my OCD does cause me anxiety as you mentioned it can. To be honest, I've literally just realised from talking to you that the numbers thing I have is the only part of my OCD that doesn't make me anxious! :s-smilie:

I thought it was just a quirky thing I did with numbers. But I also do it with non-spoken words as well, like if I see a sign for example "Fish and Chips" I'll add up the letters first and then if that's odd, I'll try full words, and if that's odd, I'll try to add the spaces inbetween the words, and then the dots on the i's and the apostrophes and stuff, etc etc, until I get an even number. Sounds odd when I type it out now :tongue:
I write like a retard...my hand is usually turned 90 degrees or so. I also use a microwave to make coffee, but I don't know whether this is exactly unusual or not. :ninja:

:mrssanta:

Original post by squareroot1764
Whenever I see a year written down or said on TV or something, I have to work out how many years away from the current year it is. Also I get really happy when I realise that the all the numbers in the date have a common factor, but I really don't like it if they're all prime numbers.

08/12/10 = yay!
13/11/03 = :mad:

lmao :wizard:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending