The Student Room Group

Why is it racist to acknowledge difference?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by shygirl92
Chinese people have AMAZING calf/thigh ratio

:curious: Wut.
I don't even understand what would be good in the world of calf to thigh ratio.
1:1 equal, calf 1:2 thigh?
Original post by JammyDoughnut
Black people ARE GENERALLY better at sport- it's genetics, they GENERALLY have more muscle twitch fibres and put muscle on faster.

Is that ok to say?

Now what if I put it in a negative light, they are also GENERALLY less intelligent than white counterparts in terms of IQ tests/career development etc (obviously there's a lot of socio-economic issues invovled there) but to say black people are better at sport implies white people are worse, so why is it so bad to say black people are less intelligent.

neg me all you want but you're just being ignorant and in your strong desire to appear non-racist, simply mask that inherently you probably are racist.

and fyi, no i'm not racist.

Of course, you are not racist. :smile:

You are a troll.
Listen people, and im only gonna say this once
The only way we can prove anything would be to get a large amount of white, black and asian babies, raise them in exactly the same environment with exactly the same upbringing and opportunities and see how they progress. However this is probably unethical, so the only way we could do this would be to observe somewhere where this occurs naturally. So I'll just give Angelina and Brad a call shall I?
Reply 23
Original post by channy
It's divine! Sublime.

Original post by ussumane
It's epic mate, one of the best films ever.

Thanks dudes will try to check it out tonight, been wanting to watch it for a long time.
Original post by shygirl92
Chinese people have AMAZING calf/thigh ratio, the ones I know are really clever. I like them.

This has nothing to do with this thread. Sorry.

I just like Oriental guys :blush:

:getmecoat:

you're weird...
Reply 25
Original post by Lewroll
The only way we can prove anything would be to get a large amount of white, black and asian babies, raise them in exactly the same environment with exactly the same upbringing and opportunities and see how they progress. However this is probably unethical, so the only way we could do this would be to observe somewhere where this occurs naturally. So I'll just give Angelina and Brad a call shall I?

/thread.
Reply 27
Original post by Diaz89
Thanks dudes will try to check it out tonight, been wanting to watch it for a long time.

Enjoy yourself. Be sure to check out Akira Kurosawa's (and Toshiro Mifune's) other works!

In particular: Ran, Yojimbo and Rashomon.

I remember my first time...ah.
Original post by No Man
/thread.

Thank you, thank you :u:
I recommend on every future thread about race we all just copy and paste my post. That should end the thread :biggrin:
Reply 29
Sigh. Because there are no definite differences apart from who's black/indigo/white.
Reply 30
No. Pretending to be colour blind is just fighting ignorance with more ignorance. We should celebrate our diversity.
(edited 13 years ago)
tbh. OP might be a troll, but beneath the b*** he does have a point. It should not be considered racist to point out things that are true. The only thing worse than racism is the way people think they have to step around it in fear of offending people. I hate it when someone is trying to describe someone to me who I know is black, but they're to scared to actually say 'the black guy'. I mean, how is that racist? If it was 'the ginger guy' it would be fine, but because someone is black everybody has to pretend they aren't.
If people plan to combat racism we need to embrace different races, not pretend we're all identical clones.
Reply 32
Original post by channy
Enjoy yourself. Be sure to check out Akira Kurosawa's (and Toshiro Mifune's) other works!

In particular: Ran, Yojimbo and Rashomon.

I remember my first time...ah.

Excellent they look great , will definitely check them out.

:yy:
Original post by Lewroll

It's been done - negro children raised by rich, white parents are still thick.
well, because pointing out (bull****) differences like that is just not useful to anyone and could only ever be used negatively.
when the things being pointed out are actually true then no one cries racism, do they? :s-smilie:
Africans are faster and Europeans are stronger.
I dont know where that leaves Asians but still its the genetic truth.
Original post by cttp_ngaf
It's been done - negro children raised by rich, white parents are still thick.

I dont know if you are ignorant or trying to be funny, but I will still discuss your point. Lets pretend what you said was correct and you are an intelligent individual (remember i said pretend) The sample size would not be representitive, for my study to work we would need 100s of black white and asian children in order to account for individual differences.And they would all need to be brought up in the same environment. What you said didnt really add anything to the discussion, i could have said the white children would still be weak and chavvy, however that would be an ignorant thing to say, wouldnt it.
INDIANS SMELL OF CURRY!

owait..im indian :frown:

this is a pointless thread and awaits the many :troll: that will come and :troll:

trollololololololol
Reply 38
Original post by Singh993
INDIANS SMELL OF CURRY!

owait..im indian :frown:

this is a pointless thread and awaits the many :troll: that will come and :troll:

trollololololololol

You're too late. :P
Reply 39
Instead of saying black why not say erm.... the name of the person?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending