The Student Room Group

Doing Childcare BTEC; Hate it, don't know what to do:/

I'm doing Childcare, Learning and Development BTEC National Diploma.

I very much dislike it, because of my class of entirely girls and the general environment of the course. I've gone through a term, and don't know what to do now.

The girls bully me... I'd honestly be fine if I wasn't with the girls and I didn't have to do sport... but at the end of the day I do. I know it's just two years, but i'm just not going to do well. I've missed alot of college because of the girls already, I just don't know what to do.

I do really want to be a early years teacher/nursery, but struggle alot with exams, so A-Levels really aren't an option because I actually have four subjects that interest me enough.

There is another place I can study this course, but it's worse than my current college and has even worse girls in it.

Can anyone help me with other courses or something to get me in the direction I want?:/
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
wow. thats deep, real deep.
Original post by KNOB-head
wow. thats deep, real deep.

What do you mean?
Reply 3
I did this course, and you're going to find that anywhere you go to do this course, you're going to find girls just like that! You've only done a term so far, trust me it'll get better with time. I made some of my best friends just from the second year, and I had barely spoken to them in the first year. Friendships groups will change. :smile:

Also if you want to work as a nursery nurse or a teaching assistant, this will be the best course for you, as the jobs ask for you to be qualified with level 3 in an early years qualification. I'm now at uni studying to be a primary school teacher!

If you have any questions, PM me! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by EmilyButtercups

I very much dislike it, because of my class of entirely girls and the general environment of the course. I've gone through a term, and don't know what to do now.

The girls bully me... I'd honestly be fine if I wasn't with the girls and I didn't have to do sport... but at the end of the day I do. I know it's just two years, but i'm just not going to do well. I've missed alot of college because of the girls already, I just don't know what to do.

I do really want to be a early years teacher/nursery, but struggle alot with exams, so A-Levels really aren't an option because I actually have four subjects that interest me enough.

There is another place I can study this course, but it's worse than my current college and has even worse girls in it.

Can anyone help me with other courses or something to get me in the direction I want?:/

Why do they bully you? And I honestly wouldn't give up, Don't let a bunch of people ruin your future dreams. Think to yourself you've already done a term already, and if its flown by like it has for me then the next 2 terms will be just as quick and you'll soon be at uni working towards your dream :smile:
Reply 5
hey i mean im doing this course as well this year and i start in september..hopefully i enjoy it it seems to be an enjoyable course haha..on preview event everyone was nice..anyways hopefully it turns out better for you later on or even now.
Original post by EmilyButtercups

Hi, you could try a CACHE Level 3 course if there is one offered near you... take a look at the website: http://www.cache.org.uk/Pages/Home.aspx

Alternatively, you could search for a nursery nurse apprenticeship in your area on this website (you will be paid about £100 a week until you qualify, not much but if it's what you want to do it will be worth it in the end): http://www.apprenticeships.org.uk/
If the only reason you aren't liking this course is because of the girls then I highly recommend that you don't give up, why should you give up something that you'd otherwise enjoy just because of some silly girls?
Go to your teacher/tutor and explain to them about this and how you're being bullied, if they're worth their salt then they will get something done about it.
Another course to consider could be Health and Social care, that's definitely an option but I'd say that at the moment the course you're on is definitely the better option. Health and Social care gives you work experience in a variety of settings, but obviously you know where you're going so clearly it's better to concentrate solely on childcare work experience :smile:
Please keep trying, I know how hard it is to keep going when you're being bullied but honestly you come out at the other end a stronger person, I know it's hard now but you must persevere and tell your teachers, they aren't just there to teach you your course, they're here to look after you and your well being
Original post by Redheaded_Dancer
x

Sorry but this thread was started in 2010 so it's unlikely that your reply is of any use now
Reply 9
Original post by iamwelma
hey i mean im doing this course as well this year and i start in september..hopefully i enjoy it it seems to be an enjoyable course haha..on preview event everyone was nice..anyways hopefully it turns out better for you later on or even now.

I see this is your first post, so welcome to TSR! If you want to ask a question about the course then feel free to start a new thread. This thread is ancient :p: So I've closed it to avoid people giving the OP advice.

Latest

Trending

Trending