The Student Room Group

Clean up my flatmates' stuff of leave to go mouldy?

I'm the last in my flat to go home and it's ridiculous how much stuff the rest of my flatmates have left dirty in the kitchen.

Now I don't want to have to clean it all, but if I don't then in 3 weeks when I get back it's going to be really mouldy and gross.

Advice?
Reply 1
Leave it in their rooms?
Reply 2
I cleaned up after people so much at uni, that in the end I had to stop myself and realise that they will never learn if I just clean up after them (for the sake of a clean place to live in...) :s: It's your call, but you don't want them to take advantage if you do decide to clean up!
Original post by Glennith
Leave it in their rooms?

Their rooms are locked :frown:
work out what order people come back after the holidays

If your the last one back, i'd leave it and hopefully they would have sorted it out and cleared everything up by the time your there
Reply 5
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Their rooms are locked :frown:

Leave the mould, come back early. Paint their doors with mould.

:yep:
Piss all over it to mark your territory XD
Reply 7
Yeah I agree with what someone else said. If you're not going to be the first back, then there's absolutely no reason why you should do it.
Reply 8
one of my housemates did this - it was an accident but it still annoyed me since whenever I go away I meticulously make sure I've cleaned everything! Since it was a one off (she does do it on occasion but it is always washed up a day or two later) and was just 1 bowl and a few cups I washed it up.

If there is a lot to do I would tie it all up in a binbag and leave in in their rooms. One of my flatmates in first year did this, and the shocker was that the culprits didn't even retrieve their plates from the binbag!

ETA: if their rooms are locked leave it in the kitchen. The binbag will protect from the stench!
Original post by trojan10_om
work out what order people come back after the holidays

If your the last one back, i'd leave it and hopefully they would have sorted it out and cleared everything up by the time your there

Original post by aliluvschoc
Yeah I agree with what someone else said. If you're not going to be the first back, then there's absolutely no reason why you should do it.

Not sure when we're all coming back...I'll make it so I'm the last back!

Sorted!
Just leave it, its not your stuff
Original post by nadiah
one of my housemates did this - it was an accident but it still annoyed me since whenever I go away I meticulously make sure I've cleaned everything! Since it was a one off (she does do it on occasion but it is always washed up a day or two later) and was just 1 bowl and a few cups I washed it up.

If there is a lot to do I would tie it all up in a binbag and leave in in their rooms. One of my flatmates in first year did this, and the shocker was that the culprits didn't even retrieve their plates from the binbag!

ETA: if their rooms are locked leave it in the kitchen. The binbag will protect from the stench!

It's about 5 plates, frying pan, griddle, cheese graters, casserole dish, mugs, shot glasses, etc. etc.
Reply 12
Leave it. That's what I did... I'm not cleaning up other peoples ****. Not paying silly money a year to be a ****ing cleaner :colonhash: ... uni has seriously opened my eyes to how dirty some people are and how acceptable they think it is to actually live like that.
I would just leave it unless there's a good reason why they left it like that and also depending on past behaviour. I say this because I'm usually on top of my washing up but have left a little bit for my housemates after I fled uni to escape driving home in the snow. I hope they understand this and would actually wash it up because I'd do the same for them in that situation. But if it's halls, make sure you're the last back and leave the filthy beggars to it. Just make sure they don't leave your stuff in that situation if there are some of them still at uni when you leave. Just lock it away to be safe!
Reply 14
What I'd probably do (not necessarily the fair thing, the fair thing would be to do nothing) would be to wash the plates, mugs, shot glasses, other relatively clean stuff that takes very little time. With the more dirty/cooking related stuff I would leave it. Perhaps put some soapy water in the casserole dish to soak it, but don't wash it. Then leave and try and be the last one back, or definitely after the main washing culprit.
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Not sure when we're all coming back...I'll make it so I'm the last back!

Sorted!

Good plan! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending