The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

Falmouth University College

Hi :smile: I am planning to go to this Uni, as it looks AMAZING! and perfect what I want out of the degree, I was wondering if anybody does already go there or also planning to go there and what degree they are doing ?
Or If anybody lives there, because I live MILES away and have never been, what it like? those who I have asked already say the place and surrounding area is beautiful! which is great, but what is the town etc :smile: thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Falmouth University College
Hi I am planning to go to this Uni, as it looks AMAZING! and perfect what I want out of the degree, I was wondering if anybody does already go there or also planning to go there and what degree they are doing ?
Or If anybody lives there, because I live MILES away and have never been, what's it like? those who I have asked already have said the place and surrounding areas are beautiful! which is great, but what is the town is like etc, thanks
(edited 13 years ago)
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
Hi, I always go on holiday to falmouth. It's a lovely town, lots of nice little boutique shops and also some larger ones like new look. Has a big harbour. But not very good for night life if that is what you are after!
Also ive heard accommodation is vvvv good!
I'm applying for Graphic Design!
It's going to be my firm choice probably.
Reply 5
Original post by elliejellie3
Hi, I always go on holiday to falmouth. It's a lovely town, lots of nice little boutique shops and also some larger ones like new look. Has a big harbour. But not very good for night life if that is what you are after!

Thank You!! Crazy night life is not my thing, a good old sing song in a country pub is my ideal night! so thanks :smile:
:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
Reply 6
Original post by DesignFreak
I'm applying for Graphic Design!
It's going to be my firm choice probably.

Are you?? I'm sure you've looked on the website, it makes it look like the best place, don't you think? And I live in a little town near Birmingham so ANYWHERE would be nicer ! :smile:
I'm going to apply for English and creative writing, I'm doing the relevant subjects and trying so hard to get the grades, so I hope I'll get in.
GOOD LUCK with geting in! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by elliejellie3
Also ive heard accommodation is vvvv good!

Thank you for telling me that , because I couldn't find info about that anywhere :smile: thanks :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
Original post by Zoe Edwards
Are you?? I'm sure you've looked on the website, it makes it look like the best place, don't you think? And I live in a little town near Birmingham so ANYWHERE would be nicer ! :smile:
I'm going to apply for English and creative writing, I'm doing the relevant subjects and trying so hard to get the grades, so I hope I'll get in.
GOOD LUCK with geting in! :smile:

It's very well respected for Graphic Design, one of the top in the country, I love the idea of Falmouth and if you do fancy a night out there's always Truro which is i think 20 minutes away on a train!
I'm sure there are plenty of nice pubs around, i prefer pubs to clubs anyway.
Good luck getting in also! (:
Reply 9
I have an interview there on the 10th, I can't say Ive been there before seeing as I live in Margate, Kent (literally the other side of the country) but I like the idea of its area, looking forward to seeing it! :smile:
haha wow. as a cornwall native it boggles that anybody would want to spend the golden years of their life here. </3
Reply 11
Original post by greebo-man
haha wow. as a cornwall native it boggles that anybody would want to spend the golden years of their life here. </3

Really? How come? Bearing in mind I'm from Birmingham -a large, disgusting crowded city - and because I love the country-side, or are you referring to the night life? cheers :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Really? How come? Bearing in mind I'm from Birmingham -a large, disgusting crowded city - and because I love the country-side, or are you referring to the night life? cheers :smile:

well, i dunno. in the winter, or the 5 months or so in which the sea is too damn cold, i just cant help but get depressed becuase there is seriously nothing.
saunter down to wetherspoons maybe to enjoy a pint with 3 others in the entire pub? it'll be like the only place willing to brave the dead winter months at least. pop to Truro to take advantage of the veritable shopper's haven? we've got a TK maxx!

:frown:

of course in the summer there's seldom elsewhere i'd rather be than on the beaches or in the sea but when you consider that you'll not be in university at this time it's a bit of a catch.

HOWEVER please read this with a huge jar of salt by your side; i'm so keen for a big city when i go uni but i'm sure you could give me a whole load of negatives about this.
I guess most people our age applying to university just want a change.
Reply 13
I have an interview here for the 21st! It looks really nice. I think everyone has to go to an interview so that's your time to check it all out. If not book an open day, I live in Birmingham too so I admit the travel is a bit daunting but its worth giving it a look around if you are spending the next 3 years there! :smile:
Reply 14
I'm applying. I like the idea of the harbor and about 5 degrees warmer (celsius). And it is told to be a really good university. I don't mind much that night life doesn't really exist in the town, there is the beach to make up for it. :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by NinaS00
I'm applying. I like the idea of the harbor and about 5 degrees warmer (celsius). And it is told to be a really good university. I don't mind much that night life doesn't really exist in the town, there is the beach to make up for it. :smile:

And don't forget the lovely pubs ! :smile:
Is it really that much warmer ?! that's an added bonus!! :smile:
It does look great - well according to the prospectus and what other people have said but i'll see for myself on the open day in Feb. I'm applying for english with creative writing :smile: what are you applying for ? :smile:
Reply 16
And don't forget the lovely pubs ! :smile:
Is it really that much warmer ?! that's an added bonus!! :smile:
It does look great - well according to the prospectus and what other people have said but i'll see for myself on the open day in Feb. I'm applying for english with creative writing :smile: what are you applying for ? :smile:

Yeah it looks really nice, I looked everywhere for photos, and it looks beautiful.
I applied for a Foundation in art&design because my art teacher insisted I did so.
It be so cool if I got in.
I don't know if the temperature actually goes that high, but it is a tad bit warmer.
Reply 17
Accomodation is shared with university of Exeter, Cornwall campus where I applied too :smile: double bed and ensuite! and the two unis mix loads, apparently house partys every night to make up for lack of clubbing, sounds good doesnt it! x
Reply 18
Original post by Jesobel
Accomodation is shared with university of Exeter, Cornwall campus where I applied too :smile: double bed and ensuite! and the two unis mix loads, apparently house partys every night to make up for lack of clubbing, sounds good doesnt it! x

Thanks!! - cause I was kind of thinking I would actually enjoy clubbing now and again, and this is pretty much it but I think so much better!!:smile: x
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Oddball13
I have an interview there on the 10th, I can't say Ive been there before seeing as I live in Margate, Kent (literally the other side of the country) but I like the idea of its area, looking forward to seeing it! :smile:

Woah- Kent really is the other side !! 10th of this month, so close! good luck!! :smile: have you already been to an open day then? cause I'm going to one in Feb an have no idea what to expect :smile:
What are are you applying for ? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest