The Student Room Group

She going away and I know im going to miss her but should I say it to her?

This girl who I quite like is going away for the xmas holidays in a few days. Although its for a month or so I know im gonna really miss her as im really fond of her. At the moment were just friends and its rare of us to make such remarks to one another but this has made me realise exactly how much I like her.

So should I say it to her? Girls if a guy who wasnt your bf was to say hes gonna miss you how would you feel? Would it sound creepy? Desperate? Clingy? Or would you be moved by it? Bear in mind its unlikely to be in person though.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone?
i think it'll be sweet if you say it in the right way :smile:
Reply 3
I'm sure she'll appreciate you telling her :wink:
Reply 4
I think that you should definately tell her. She might feel the same way but feel that she cannot say anything because she doesnt know how you feel. Also, I think that it would be a really cute gesture if you were to say that :biggrin: Good luck!!!
Reply 5
Original post by chab92
I think that you should definately tell her. She might feel the same way but feel that she cannot say anything because she doesnt know how you feel. Also, I think that it would be a really cute gesture if you were to say that :biggrin: Good luck!!!

But you dont think itll sound dodgy at all? Plus im not gonna have the chance to say it in person, probably will be on msn or by text.
Reply 6
Original post by qwerty_mad
But you dont think itll sound dodgy at all? Plus im not gonna have the chance to say it in person, probably will be on msn or by text.

nah, just try working it into conversation :smile:
Reply 7
Just tell her that you will miss her company while she is away, dont go over the top- she might not be ready for that side of it. It won't sound dodgy if you act normal and just tell her. See what she says back and play it by ear. If it does not go as you plan it to (she takes it the wrong way) just say to her that you will miss the company/chat/etc Although I think that (as a female myself lol) she would appreciate knowing you care about her and enjoy her company :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by theths
nah, just try working it into conversation :smile:

What would you think if a guy told tyou that?
Reply 9
What would you think if a guy told tyou that?

it would really depend on our relationship and how close we were and stuff

if we weren't that close, i thin you'd have to somehow convey that you weren't taking the piss in a dickey way, but instead in a "lool, i'm going to miss you , kid" type way

be sweet, basically :smile:
Reply 10
just dont make it sound 'over the top' she might think you are being sarcastic then.. Hope it all works out ok for you!! I agree with 'theths' about "be sweet, basically"
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11
This girl who I quite like is going away for the xmas holidays in a few days. Although its for a month or so I know im gonna really miss her as im really fond of her. At the moment were just friends and its rare of us to make such remarks to one another but this has made me realise exactly how much I like her.

So should I say it to her? Girls if a guy who wasnt your bf was to say hes gonna miss you how would you feel? Would it sound creepy? Desperate? Clingy? Or would you be moved by it? Bear in mind its unlikely to be in person though.

Man the hell up and tell her! My girlfriends going away until after new years! Think how I feel!

And if you don't like it tough cos I'm not entirely copus mentus right now.
Reply 12
Thanks you two.
Reply 13
Original post by hamijack
Man the hell up and tell her! My girlfriends going away until after new years! Think how I feel!

And if you don't like it tough cos I'm not entirely copus mentus right now.

I can sympathise with you mate.

I will tell her but dont want her to think im some sort of creep.
Reply 14
Do it in a lighthearted way.

Just don't be like "OMG I'm gonna miss you sooo much babes mwah xxxxx" because that's creepy.
Reply 15
I can sympathise with you mate.

I will tell her but dont want her to think im some sort of creep.

Just tell her "I'm gonna miss you while your away" if she takes that in a creepy way then she's probably a bit strange herself. Most people like knowing that they matter enough in someone's life to make a difference when they aren't there.
Reply 16

say it casually/jokingly e.g. "You know, I think I'm gonna miss you a bit!" And dw that stuff doesn't make it sound creepy, girls like it when guys tell them how they feel. But you have to judge from your friendship, if it's good then it's fine, but if you're quite casual friends then maybe not lol. But the fact that you will actually miss her makes me think you're quite good friends so I'd probably say it to her, it won't hurt your chances :smile:
I would find it very sweet, even if I didn't feel the same way :smile: You should definitely tell her :smile: x
Reply 18
As a whole I find it's better to show your emotions with a girl than not to, unless trying to play them into a relationship. Sounds like you're friends so you should just say it. To her, it won't sound as cheesy and awkward as it does in your head, and leaving someone is a killer emotional lubricant for what may have been a perfunctory or banter-based relationship.

I'm actually totally in the same position as you...
Don't just think its gonna be a month, maybe you should arrange a day out to go and see her or something?
And like give her a hug or something before she goes..
Just say it its not a bad thing to say i'll miss you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending