The Student Room Group

was he just leading me on? why?

please anon or delete

theres a guy i like at my new job. he is 6 years older thn me. ever since i joined, we were flirting and he was always staring at me, checking out my body etc. when he broke up with his gf, i was the first person he told and he was always going on and on about how lonely it was being single, we talked in sme detail about our personal life, his ex, my ex, he was saying how he only ever had 3 gfs (he was with his ex for 6 years). and whenever he talks to me he always says how religious he is, which the other guys at work say is a load of bull. he always fins an pportunity to talk abut religion ever since i told him i am very religious and looking for a religious guy. like we could be talking about the lottery and he will talk about 'believing in a higher power'. i ould be talking about hating xmas, he will talk about the religious significance. its like he is trying to impress me with his devoutness.

anyhow the other week, he was saying how he was single and didnt have any commitments and i asked him what he was doing for xmas, he said he was spending it with friends.

but now i have just found out he is spending xmas with a girl he has been dating for the past month or two. so really, was he just leading me on or just fancying me with no intention to date me?

anyhow stupidly, i thought well, if he is gonna play me, i will play games too and i tld him i thought i was still in love with my ex. he started saying about how my ex was a creep and how he would never do the things my ex did (he wanted threesomes with random women).

what is going on???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
most men are like that. it is for the attention.
We don't know, ask him, simples!
Reply 3
Guys love naive/younger girls on the backburner for a bit of fun now and then, but their main girl will obviously be someone who is similar to them. No one wants to take a kid home to their parents.
Reply 4
Original post by Huskaris
Guys love naive/younger girls on the backburner for a bit of fun now and then, but their main girl will obviously be someone who is similar to them. No one wants to take a kid home to their parents.

im not a kid, im 24 he is 30.

the other girl is also around 30 and also owns her own house like he does. obviously i dont. but then why does he keep on flirting with me and staring at me, and putting up this charade of being really religious and single ALL THE TIME. and he knows im not into the whole casual scene so surely if he was up for a younger bit of fun he would shag a hot 19 y/o receptionist not a trainee lawyer?
Reply 5
Original post by Rock Fan
We don't know, ask him, simples!

no but like why do you think?
Reply 6
no we arent kids, im 24 he's 30. and he knows i am religous and dont do casual so i dont see why he doenst hit up some other young chick ahy bother with someone you work with?
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
im not a kid, im 24 he is 30.

the other girl is also around 30 and also owns her own house like he does. obviously i dont. but then why does he keep on flirting with me and staring at me, and putting up this charade of being really religious and single ALL THE TIME. and he knows im not into the whole casual scene so surely if he was up for a younger bit of fun he would shag a hot 19 y/o receptionist not a trainee lawyer?

maybe he is with HER in teh short term and wants something longer term with you? or maybe he is looking to cheat, like most men. dont worry, if she is almost 30 she is probably quite saggy and old by now so yeah he will probably be looking for younger firmer vajj soon enough
Reply 8
do you think i should still flirt with him or what? or is he off limits?
Reply 9
all men are up for cheating. go for it
Reply 10
Original post by shinytoy

Sorry to dissapoint you, but I don't share that view :cookie:
Reply 11
maybe he is with HER in teh short term and wants something longer term with you? or maybe he is looking to cheat, like most men. dont worry, if she is almost 30 she is probably quite saggy and old by now so yeah he will probably be looking for younger firmer vajj soon enough

st you are a piece of work. If I had any reps left I'd give you one, maybe tomorrow.

:mad: You are full of crap I would never dream cheating on my girlfriend, some of us can keep it in our pants thank you very much.
Original post by Huskaris

EXCELLENT SIG!!!
win
He's 30 and pretended to believe that God was arbitrarily determining the result of your lottery because he thought that was what would get into your pants? You could probably do with dating someone more mature for their age. Like my baby nephew.
Reply 15
Rock Fan
you are full of crap
maybe shinyto has a point, why would he lead me on if he isnr looking to cheat? he has a gf he shouldnt be telling girls he"s single or flirting
JCC-MGS
x
no he isnt trying to get in my pants since he knows i am a virgin and not sexing until im engaged.
wHat doe he want? why is he doing this?
maybe shinyto has a point, why would he lead me on if he isnr looking to cheat? he has a gf he shouldnt be telling girls he"s single or flirting no he isnt trying to get in my pants since he knows i am a virgin and not sexing until im engaged.
wHat doe he want? why is he doing this?

Shiny is full of **** when she says all men cheat, that is a load of *******s.
Reply 17
nobody has answered my op though, what does it mean why is he doing this? maybe he is a player? pls help i dont have much experience
Reply 18
nobody has answered my op though, what does it mean why is he doing this? maybe he is a player? pls help i dont have much experience

Maybe he just enjoyed your company, and realized that pursuing things with you may not have been what he wanted.
I went through something similar last year, I was 19 and he was like really late 20s. People at work kept trying to get us together because we were both brown... I'm hindu born Indian but not at all relgious and barely that cultural. He was Bangholi and very religious, yet involved in criminal activities. He wouldn't leave me for a year, would't stop calling, messaging, etc.

Eventually had to block him from fb and msn. He also brought up marriage to me when I am still studying, was really horny as **** and would send me dirty cyber messages when am busy. He never understood that am not interested and would at the most just want to be a friend. Noticed him checking me from behind at work too and with a horny look on his face when I turn around. Blergh.

I think he was just bored and wanted to **** someone. Would try his soppy words with me but I wasn't buying it and unless I wanted to be outcasted, wouldn't be with him at all. Also during lunch break he would randomly bring up how thinks Christianity is stupid etc, his "discussion" with him mainly chatting ****, had no ****ing logic. Pissed me off to the max but I was like right, am finishing lunch then getting back to my shift -.-

Latest