The Student Room Group

Is he a douche or am I being too sensitive?

please keep anon or delete. no idea if he goes on here.

what goes beyond 'teasing'/'banter' between two people who like each other/are 'seeing' each other? me and this guy who seems quite nice/fun, we talk every day, see each other a few times a week - parties, hooking up, sex etc- but he rips it out of me like nobody else. from stuff like joking about me being ugly, to saying i'm a snob, a slag (his exact words), a nerd, and putting me down a LOT often beyond a joke, in general, even when he knows i'm a little sick of it. i'm in his phone as 'posh bitch' and he says he'll never change it. and tonight his parting shot on chat was "i'll see you soon for more sex".. that was it. its got to the point when he's NEVER really said anything complimentary to me- on personality, looks or anything. its all just been a lot of insults, which is why its stopped being 'funny'. i can give it back, but sometimes i wish he'd just leave it out.

is the guy a douche?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes and he's completely using you. He obviously has no respect for you, unless he thinks he's being funny and you're finding it funny too.

Tell him you're not happy. He sounds like a prat.
Reply 2
Stop sleeping with him?
He's is what is known as a lesser spotted prick, find some way to get back at him.
Let him know it pisses you off. It does sound like he has taken it a bit to far but it may just be within his nature. He acts towards you how he would his mates, and if you give no sign that you don't like it he probably just thinks it is teasing.

Tbh though if your not happy just walk away :smile:
Reply 5

Tell him and he might stop.

And when I say tell him, I don't mean ask nicely.

Spontaneously go mad and shout next time he does it, and tell him off.

That's what stopped me insulting this girl, for like a few days anyway.
Original post by Anonymous
please keep anon or delete. no idea if he goes on here.

what goes beyond 'teasing'/'banter' between two people who like each other/are 'seeing' each other? me and this guy who seems quite nice/fun, we talk every day, see each other a few times a week - parties, hooking up, sex etc- but he rips it out of me like nobody else. from stuff like joking about me being ugly, to saying i'm a snob, a slag (his exact words), a nerd, and putting me down a LOT often beyond a joke, in general, even when he knows i'm a little sick of it. i'm in his phone as 'posh bitch' and he says he'll never change it. and tonight his parting shot on chat was "i'll see you soon for more sex".. that was it. its got to the point when he's NEVER really said anything complimentary to me- on personality, looks or anything. its all just been a lot of insults, which is why its stopped being 'funny'. i can give it back, but sometimes i wish he'd just leave it out.

is the guy a douche?

YES he is. he sounds like a right idiotttttt.
Reply 7
And you continue to let him **** you? Christ, you're dumb.
Reply 8
Is he one of those geeky types who has been taken in by the Craft of the Pick Up Artist. Sounds like he keeps negging you or something like that, and perhaps lacks the social dexterity to know what's okay and what isn't.
Reply 9
(i'm OP)

i think he does think its being funny to an extent... and if i ever call him out on it he's like "its called winding you up" or something... but it doesnt seem to stop him. i prob would walk away if i didnt think he treated me better in person than on the phone/facebook (though he still will tease me in person just not as bad).. and if i didnt actually like him at first at least.

to the people who say i let him 'use' me...i wanted to have sex with him too...just would like a bit of respect tbh!
Reply 10
close your legs and all will be ok
He's probably just joking, just tell him rather than listening to some peeps on the internet say this guy they've never met is a **** and you should never speak to him again or go bunny-boiler on him or something.
I'm surprised you have put up with it so far... if it were me I'd cut all ties with him, but first get revenge :wink:
Reply 13
You need to make it clear to him its not on. If he doesn't stop it after you tell him to then you need to walk away. Most likely he'll come running back to you with his tail between his legs and will make more effort to be nicer to you. And if he doesn't, then you're better off anyway
Reply 14
If he disgusts you like that stop talking to him, what a douche bag.

Tell him that you feel that way, if he doesn't stop...he's for sure a douche and you should ditch...if he says sorry and stops it then continue I guess...
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous
(i'm OP)

i think he does think its being funny to an extent... and if i ever call him out on it he's like "its called winding you up" or something... but it doesnt seem to stop him. i prob would walk away if i didnt think he treated me better in person than on the phone/facebook (though he still will tease me in person just not as bad).. and if i didnt actually like him at first at least.

to the people who say i let him 'use' me...i wanted to have sex with him too...just would like a bit of respect tbh!

But at least show some self respect.
punch him in the gonads
Reply 17
You are a cum rag now baby, haha!!
Reply 18
Original post by xnatalie01x
I'm surprised you have put up with it so far... if it were me I'd cut all ties with him, but first get revenge :wink:

I like your style. :wink:

Have you ever thought that maybe he feels that's what got you into him, so he will keep doing it so you like him?

Tbh, I think it sounds like he's having a laugh but is just going too far without realising it. Just explain to him it pisses you off? Simple, really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending