The Student Room Group

Is it custom for Chinese woman to be so unhappy?

Every time I eat in a Chinese restaurant, no matter how nice the food, my experience is marred by the miserable Chinese waitresses. Now in Thai restaurants they are always happy and smiling so I just don't get this at all as there from teh same neck of the woods. I can only assume it's a Chinese custom for the woman to look so gloomy but it really is a drag.

Anyone know the answer to this?
Reply 1
They're not miserable, that's just how their eyes look. Stop being so racist.
Reply 2
Original post by blue acre
They're not miserable, that's just how their eyes look. Stop being so racist.

It has nothing to do with their eyes but that they never smile and never look happy...like they have this black cloud of gloom around them. I want them to be happy so I can enjoy my meal.
Reply 3
Or maybe it has something to do with the abysmally low wages and the long hours serving prissy upstarts like yourself? :rolleyes:
Reply 4
And they say true altruism doesn't exist!
Reply 5
Original post by blue acre
And they say true altruism doesn't exist!

Altruism is not free in Chinese restaurants.
Reply 6
They seem nice enough in the chinese restaurants I go to, but I don't go very often.

I must say, the workers in lebanese restaurants seem the most miserable.
Reply 7
Original post by Mujeriego
Or maybe it has something to do with the abysmally low wages and the long hours serving prissy upstarts like yourself? :rolleyes:

I do not believe that a Thai waitress is happy because she gets more money than a Chinese one but I do not know this for sure.
Reply 8
Not really. The waitresses serving in restaurants in Hong Kong are nice as anything!
Original post by paulsmithfan
It has nothing to do with their eyes but that they never smile and never look happy...like they have this black cloud of gloom around them. I want them to be happy so I can enjoy my meal.

That's called acting. Acting is being a fake.:rolleyes: You must be really pretty bad (in a mental sense) to want someone to look happy for you knowing that they are just faking it. Anyway, Western World people are taught to express fake emotions so we all might be as gloomy as they are if we face our dogmas.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending