The Student Room Group

Help! My friend constantly talks about Skin Bleaching and nose surgery.. (black)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Anonymous
:sigh:

You cannot make a coherent point. What are you talking about, what does that have to do with anything?!

drunk anorexic girls :s-smilie: what??

That's a very coherent point. I was referring to the size zero riff-raff you see in the media that your friend seems to be basing her opinions on. E.g. Cheryl Cole.

Basically, the media puts on show a lot of negative traits, and people shouldn't aspire to be like that.
Reply 81
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
OK, maybe I did ramble a bit. Let me just keep more on topic and put it in simple terms then.

Yes, the media is overtly concerned with white beauty, but what do you expect living in the Western world? I'm sure the media in an African or Asian country would be pretty different. Your friend knows she's not the ideal Western beauty, but she should also know that that's not a bad thing, at all. She just needs to learn to accept herself for what she is. That's what I mean by taking what the media says with a pinch of salt.

But when did I mention white beauty or white people? Where do you girls get this into your head. The funny thing is that you feel like you're being smart and making a good point but in fact it is still not on topic.
Original post by .Ali.
Teheehee. Hello Lewroll. :wink:

Despite our differences, i think we could be friends :colone:
(added to the fact that im incredibly bored atm and willing to chat to absolutely anyone) :biggrin:
So, you are attractive arent you? (dont worry you can tell me)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 83
Original post by Lewroll
Despite our differences, i think we could be friends :colone:
(added to the fact that im incredibly bored atm and willing to chat to absolutely anyone) :biggrin:
So, you are attractive arent you? (dont worry you can tell me)

Haha I'm bored too, distracting myself from AS level revision is very appealing atm. :biggrin:
Well some people think so, but I guess not everyone would say I was. :tongue:

This woman has CLEARLY FAILED at trying yo be Black. She has darkened her skin, gotten bigger lips, cheekbones and tried to get afro hair.

So OP, White people beg too! What shall we do about those people?
Reply 85
Original post by .Ali.
That's a very coherent point. I was referring to the size zero riff-raff you see in the media that your friend seems to be basing her opinions on. E.g. Cheryl Cole.

Basically, the media puts on show a lot of negative traits, and people shouldn't aspire to be like that.

But she is not worried about her size :s-smilie:
...and she doesn't want to be white.

drunk anorexic girls... What the heck? I don't, I can't even.. :sigh:
You make no sense, really.
But when did I mention white beauty or white people? Where do you girls get this into your head. The funny thing is that you feel like you're being smart and making a good point but in fact it is still not on topic.

Yeah OP, can you please explain THIS: http://www.tabloidprodigy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Jocelyn-WildensteinBA.jpg

Clearly a case of White going over-borad with surgery to try and be Black.
Original post by .Ali.
Haha I'm bored too, distracting myself from AS level revision is very appealing atm. :biggrin:
Well some people think so, but I guess not everyone would say I was. :tongue:

I have As resits as well in jan, got to revise for those :biggrin:
Hang about, how old are you?! For some reason i thought you were 18...

Isn't that what you're pretty much trying to imply though? Doesn't the fact that your friend wants to bleach her skin and narrow her nose scream alarm bells? She seems to want to look "less black, more white", to put it bluntly. And you mentioned mixed race people, so assuming you meant the ones who are half white and half black, you're still talking along the similar lines of white beauty in a way, no? Correct me if I'm wrong here.
Reply 89
But she is not worried about her size :s-smilie:
...and she doesn't want to be white.

drunk anorexic girls... What the heck? I don't, I can't even.. :sigh:
You make no sense, really.

You're rather narrow minded aren't you. :rolleyes:It was an example, of how she shouldn't obsess over how the media tells her she should look.

I'm going to say it simply so you understand...

It is okay for her to be black, there are attractive black women out there, and she shouldn't be ashamed of her nose and skin colour.
Reply 90
Original post by Lewroll
I have As resits as well in jan, got to revise for those :biggrin:
Hang about, how old are you?! For some reason i thought you were 18...

Haha, they're my first takes, I'm 16 lol! Irl people think I'm older too...apparently I look older, no idea why you thought I was 18 though. :tongue: How many exams do you have?
Reply 91
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Isn't that what you're pretty much trying to imply though? Doesn't the fact that your friend wants to bleach her skin and narrow her nose scream alarm bells? She seems to want to look "less black, more white", to put it bluntly. And you mentioned mixed race people, so assuming you meant the ones who are half white and half black, you're still talking along the similar lines of white beauty in a way, no? Correct me if I'm wrong here.

No, and beauty doesn't come in colours you idiot :angry:.
I can't even be bothered to reply further to such an unintelligent person such as yourself.

Sorry, I don't ever call people names but, gosh you really deserve it.
Reply 92
Original post by .Ali.
You're rather narrow minded aren't you. :rolleyes:It was an example, of how she shouldn't obsess over how the media tells her she should look.

I'm going to say it simply so you understand...

It is okay for her to be black, there are attractive black women out there, and she shouldn't be ashamed of her nose and skin colour.

:facepalm2:
I don't think you really have the right to try and be patronising.

and F.Y.I To show intelligence in an argument/ when making a point you need examples which support your explainations not ones which irrelevant.
Original post by .Ali.
Haha, they're my first takes, I'm 16 lol! Irl people think I'm older too...apparently I look older, no idea why you thought I was 18 though. :tongue: How many exams do you have?

:eek: You're 16!? I'm slightly disappointed now. I apologise for anything untoward i may have said to you, i dont want to be sent to perv-prison lol
I have 4 exams -_-
one A2 exam and three resits (i got Bs i want As):P
What about you, what are you studying?
Nicole Sherzinger the one from pussycat dolls, the picture for her song 'poison' makes her look white yet shes black?
Reply 95
:facepalm2:
I don't think you really have the right to try and be patronising.

and F.Y.I To show intelligence in an argument/ when making a point you need examples which support your explainations not ones which irrelevant.

It does support my point...that the media shouldn't be listened to. Bloody hell, talking to you is like banging my head against a wall.
Reply 96
Original post by Lewroll
:eek: You're 16!? I'm slightly disappointed now. I apologise for anything untoward i may have said to you, i dont want to be sent to perv-prison lol
I have 4 exams -_-
one A2 exam and three resits (i got Bs i want As):P
What about you, what are you studying?

Haha no problem, I love banter so it's all good. :biggrin:
I have 3, economics, politics and law! I want As but I won't get an A in econ!
How old are you btw? :tongue:
Reply 97
Original post by .Ali.
It does support my point...that the media shouldn't be listened to. Bloody hell, talking to you is like banging my head against a wall.

:facepalm2: No it doesn't at all. It's not even on topic. Your examples should refer to the topic, anorexia and being drunk had nothing to do with the topic.

I see your trying to get the last word though, quote me again and I won't reply back and then you can have the last word, don't want to disappoint you :smile:
Reply 98
:facepalm2: No it doesn't at all. It's not even on topic. Your examples should refer to the topic, anorexia and being drunk had nothing to do with the topic.

I see your trying to get the last word though, quote me again and I won't reply back and then you can have the last word, don't want to disappoint you :smile:

I'm not trying to get the last word, I'm explaining my point as you're clearly too dense to see it.

The point was the media shouldn't be listened to as it portrays a lot of negative aspects of society. That was an example of negative aspects that the media portrays. You're ridiculously close minded. If you can't see that, you have problems.
Original post by .Ali.
Haha no problem, I love banter so it's all good. :biggrin:
I have 3, economics, politics and law! I want As but I won't get an A in econ!
How old are you btw? :tongue:

18 :biggrin: (i turned 18 last month)
I do law as well (OCR?) I got an A at AS but A2 is bloody difficult!
Im also doing spanish and psychology.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending