The Student Room Group

Help! My friend constantly talks about Skin Bleaching and nose surgery.. (black)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by babygirl110
Oh yeah just to add, Rhi Rhi isn't mixed race either.

ye she is. Her dad is part Irish.
Reply 101
Original post by Lewroll
18 :biggrin: (i turned 18 last month)
I do law as well (OCR?) I got an A at AS but A2 is bloody difficult!
Im also doing spanish and psychology.

I think mine is AQA. Ah you're lucky to be 18! I like being 16, but I hate not being able to drive, I know that's 17 but still! I'm nervous about my exams lol, I get like super stressed! :eek:
Original post by amani-puresapphire
"I can see where she's coming from though because dark skin is pretty much disliked, I mean most black people would prefer to have lighter mixed race shaded skin, but of course still be black, deny as much as you like but this is only because of the promotion of light skinned black women especially."

No, being dark skinned is not "pretty much disliked".
No, "most" black people would not prefer to have lighter skin unless you can provide me with evidence otherwise.

I wont deny that there are people who may prefer to be lighter but "most" is exaggerating. By "seeing where shes coming from" You're implying that you do agree with why she is insecure to a certain extent. I assumed you did because you haven't seen anyone/dont see alot of people that made you believe otherwise. Im pretty sure that the media is not the only factor that makes your friend dislike her skin colour.

So yes, I can read :smile: and please do calm down.

There are black people who seem to want to have lighter skin but then they tend to be simpletons.

I personally prefer darker skinned black guys to the light skinned ones, I don't know why but then the light black and mixed race guys just don't do it for me.
Original post by Anonymous
What should I do?
She's black and it's really embarrassing, it's like she doesn't want to be black. I don't want her to end up like Jicheal Mackson. (I changed the name because I feel like I'm being mean.. )

I can see where she's coming from though because dark skin is pretty much disliked, I mean most black people would prefer to have lighter mixed race shaded skin, but of course still be black, deny as much as you like but this is only because of the promotion of light skinned black women especially.

When is the media going to change because right now there are no black (not mixed raced) women in an attractive role, or the 'hot girl' role and it's obviously making black women feel unattractive and unpleased with how they are. It's pretty upsetting.

I'm not a troll, i'll pm you if you really want but I wanted to go anon, simply out of embarrasement, I guess it won't make sense though..

What should I say to my friend? I've already tried you beautiful the way you are..

It's all about her. It's all about self-love. No one should give a **** about what the media says. Those who pay attention to the media end up thinking about themselves as fat, hating eating, feeling impotente, prestige and fame-thirsty and so on. Just turn off the television.
Original post by Meus
Has anyone been PM'd yet to confirm the identity of the OP?

Lol I gave up on that one, although I still wouldn't have broken confidentiality.

There are black people who seem to want to have lighter skin but then they tend to be simpletons.

I personally prefer darker skinned black guys to the light skinned ones, I don't know why but then the light black and mixed race guys just don't do it for me.

I guess its all to their own. We all have our preferences :smile: I do know that for some dark skinned people the issue is not their colour, its the fact that they do not have even skin tone.

Not trying to put down your argument or anything, but a lot of the links you have put up are mixed race girls. The girl off vampire diaries is half Liberian and Russian/Jewish. And one of the other girls just looks Asian.

It is annoying though how many African women want to be whiter. Same with many Asians. Should just be happy with who you are.
Original post by legendstar
Nicole Sherzinger the one from pussycat dolls, the picture for her song 'poison' makes her look white yet shes black?

She's not black. She's Hawaiian, filipino & Russian.
I guess its all to their own. We all have our preferences :smile: I do know that for some dark skinned people the issue is not their colour, its the fact that they do not have even skin tone.

Your sig is really nice btw. I wish I could do eye make-up like that.
Original post by .Ali.
I think mine is AQA. Ah you're lucky to be 18! I like being 16, but I hate not being able to drive, I know that's 17 but still! I'm nervous about my exams lol, I get like super stressed! :eek:

Dont worry, there are other, more interesting things you can do at 16 :colone: I can show you if you want.

There I go again with the mindless flirting:colondollar: Sorry.
For me the only good thing about being 18 is that I am going to Uni next year :biggrin:
Reply 110
Original post by Lewroll
Dont worry, there are other, more interesting things you can do at 16 :colone: I can show you if you want.

There I go again with the mindless flirting:colondollar: Sorry.
For me the only good thing about being 18 is that I am going to Uni next year :biggrin:

Haha, do tell what interesting things can be done at 16. :innocent:

You're funny, I actually quite like you, despite our differences on some topics. :tongue:
Ah I can't wait for Uni! It looks amazing! :smile:

Your sig is really nice btw. I wish I could do eye make-up like that.

Thanks :smile: The sad thing is..I do people's make-up quite well but can never do it properly on myself as a result of pretty poor eyesight without my glasses :p: I wear contacts, but lack of practice on myself..I guess its all about practicing enough :biggrin:
Original post by .Ali.
Haha, do tell what interesting things can be done at 16. :innocent:

You're funny, I actually quite like you, despite our differences on some topics. :tongue:
Ah I can't wait for Uni! It looks amazing! :smile:

Of course you like me, its all part of my plan:colone:
Yeah university looks great, just got to make sure i get the grades. Shoud be easy enough, i dont usually have problems with exams (except bloody spanish:mad:)
Original post by .Ali.
It does support my point...that the media shouldn't be listened to. Bloody hell, talking to you is like banging my head against a wall.

Lol, I agree. I can't be that bothered with this guy anymore, he probably is a troll tbh.

Original post by legendstar
Nicole Sherzinger the one from pussycat dolls, the picture for her song 'poison' makes her look white yet shes black?

She's not black, get your facts right :facepalm2:
Original post by Anonymous
What should I do?
She's black and it's really embarrassing, it's like she doesn't want to be black. I don't want her to end up like Jicheal Mackson. (I changed the name because I feel like I'm being mean.. )

I can see where she's coming from though because dark skin is pretty much disliked, I mean most black people would prefer to have lighter mixed race shaded skin, but of course still be black, deny as much as you like but this is only because of the promotion of light skinned black women especially.

When is the media going to change because right now there are no black (not mixed raced) women in an attractive role, or the 'hot girl' role and it's obviously making black women feel unattractive and unpleased with how they are. It's pretty upsetting.

I'm not a troll, i'll pm you if you really want but I wanted to go anon, simply out of embarrasement, I guess it won't make sense though..

What should I say to my friend? I've already tried you beautiful the way you are..

There are always winners and losers in life and that's the way it is it's very upsetting if you happen to be one of the losers (not a term of abuse) and i sympathise. I'ts always upsetting when a young person realises they can't conform with the person they wan't to be.

It's inevitable that blacks should not et be the paradigm of attractiveness (Europen women on a whole) because they were a race at the bottom of global society for centuries adn they are a minority in western countries. they are not integreated properly into the population so they will for a long time be seen as different I think.

I don't know how she should cope..but perhaps shes blowing it out of proportion because there are lots of dark skinned women who are happy, pretty, and get lots of men. Even average ones if they get the right market. She still will appeal to many boys if she lets her personality show is what i'd say.
Thanks :smile: The sad thing is..I do people's make-up quite well but can never do it properly on myself as a result of pretty poor eyesight without my glasses :p: I wear contacts, but lack of practice on myself..I guess its all about practicing enough :biggrin:

Oh wow, did you do that person in your signatures make-up for them?

Yeah I wear contacts too, I just stick to black eye-liner and a bit of black eye shadow, I'd love to try something different though.
Gabrielle Union in stunning, so is Kelly Rowland.

If she bleaches her skin she'll just look worse, hardly anybody cares about race anymore, nobody teaser her about it thus she should just accept it and live her life.
Reply 117
Original post by Chinkodelinko

This woman has CLEARLY FAILED at trying yo be Black. She has darkened her skin, gotten bigger lips, cheekbones and tried to get afro hair.

So OP, White people beg too! What shall we do about those people?

She never wanted to look black, she wanted to look like a cat :rolleyes:
Well what do her parents/siblings say about this. Surely it isn't really viable as the creams are dangerous and you would presumably get shunned by your peers as a traitor. Maybe she is just going through a phase of low self esteem.
(edited 13 years ago)

Oh wow, did you do that person in your signatures make-up for them?

Yeah I wear contacts too, I just stick to black eye-liner and a bit of black eye shadow, I'd love to try something different though.

Haha no I didn't. Im not that great but I like looking at pictures like that because they give you ideas. I haven't tried going all out like that one.

Yeah, living in the UK, theres not alot of events where you can put on makeup that you wouldnt wear everyday. In arab countries there are alot of formal events like weddings etc where the makeup done is stunning :O. Here, not so much :smile: Or year 13 has made me slightly more boring :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending