The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Holly Hiskey
I don't care and I'm not insecure :wink:
Also, why is it that boys (on TSR) are always hideous about fat people (girls in particular). Do you think it's going to help, or does it just make you feel better? I don't get it.

I don't care either. Yes, I think she is a bit chubby or whatever, but it doesn't affect me or my life. It's beyond me why people get angry about such things. If you are skinny, and you think she's fat, why not just pat yourself on the back and then think, "well at least she doesn't feel bad about it"? Why do so many people think that those they deem unattractively big should not be allowed any happiness or self-confidence?

EDIT: Also, I hate all these comments about what a "real woman" is. She is a real woman. I am a real woman. A size 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16+ female is a real woman. Why do people feel the need to make out that someone who is not their ideal size is subhuman in some way?
(edited 13 years ago)
I think the way she is sitting is very unflattering and creates folds in her stomach which makes her look bigger than she probably is.
Reply 122
but she's happy so isn't that all that counts?
Original post by Jelkin
I don't care either. Yes, I think she is a bit chubby or whatever, but it doesn't affect me or my life. It's beyond me why people get angry about such things. If you are skinny, and you think she's fat, why not just pat yourself on the back and then think, "well at least she doesn't feel bad about it"? Why do so many people think that those they deem unattractively big should not be allowed any happiness or self-confidence?

EDIT: Also, I hate all these comments about what a "real woman" is. She is a real woman. I am a real woman. A size 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16+ female is a real woman. Why do people feel the need to make out that someone who is not their ideal size is subhuman in some way?

I always think that as well- am I not "real" just because I'm skinnier? Or there seems to be this idea that larger women are either happier because they don't care about their weight, or sad, insecure people who eat to make themselves feel better, whereas actually they can be either of those extremes and anything in between
Reply 124
Yeah, she's fat.
Left me slim ting and me gone a foreign
the term curvy is annoying, you can be a size 4 and still be curvy. I agree with OP, curve s=/= fat
Just stop looking then bro. Not hard.
Yes, she should be allowed to look like that but it is WRONG when magazines try to persuade us that anything smaller than this is 'little boy' and that you can't be slim and curvy.. when in fact being overweight is actually unhealthy.
Reply 129
I bet she stole my big mac!! :angry:

:L
Reply 130
She's probably healthier than some of the size zero models we see, to be fair. Curvy is relative, it depends on your body shape not weight. Someone who weighs 7 and a half stone can be curvy as can someone who is 11 stone can be curvy. I think the fashion industry should do more to promote healthy weights, so not plus size and not size zero, there should definitely be an inbetween. Also, when we think of fat people they're often very untoned, the woman in the above picture has quite toned legs which I think is better to have thicker, toned legs, than skinny untoned legs. That's just my opinion.
Original post by Lozza_00
if you look at her, she has no curves... her body just goes in a straight (wiggly from the flubber) line

My thoughts too.
She's fat. Her face is fit but would be better if slimmer.
Nice face though.

I would.
She's pretty though.
Reply 135
Original post by Shippy
She's probably healthier than some of the size zero models we see, to be fair. Curvy is relative, it depends on your body shape not weight. Someone who weighs 7 and a half stone can be curvy as can someone who is 11 stone can be curvy. I think the fashion industry should do more to promote healthy weights, so not plus size and not size zero, there should definitely be an inbetween. Also, when we think of fat people they're often very untoned, the woman in the above picture has quite toned legs which I think is better to have thicker, toned legs, than skinny untoned legs. That's just my opinion.

'curvy' is a myth
I hate that the media only portrays extremes, either super skinny models who are unhealthy or overweight models that are unhealthy as well.

Why can't there be a happy medium?
She's a lot prettier than some of the models you see who are several sizes smaller, so the fact that you think she's fat is irrelevant. Why does it matter anyway?
Original post by NaturalDisaster
She's a lot prettier than some of the models you see who are several sizes smaller, so the fact that you think she's fat is irrelevant. Why does it matter anyway?

Because we're talking about the terms 'fat' and 'curvy', not about whether she's pretty.
As someone who is genuinely curvy (ie. I have an hourglass figure - tiny waist, decent sized boobs, and wide hips) - it is rather annoying that women are are overweight just use it as a euphemism. It means I can't describe myself as curvy any more, because people would just think I'm fat. I've been overweight in the past, and hated it, but I never tried to describe myself as something that I wasn't.

Edit: I still think the girl is pretty, she has lovely skin and a pretty face. If she's happy, then fine. I just don't think she is using the word 'curvy' properly.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending