Politics and IR Applicants 2011 Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hi everyone!

I am an IB student that wants to study IR in the UK
My choices as of today are:
-Warwick (Politics and International Studies) 36 points
-Exeter (International Relations) 34-36 points
-Birmingham University (International Relations and Political Science) 32-36 points
-Queen Mary (International Relations) 32 points
I have one more choice and its between Sheffield, York and Sussex.. I really can’t decide between -Sheffied (International Relations and Politics) 35 points or -York (Politics with International Relations) 34 points

I have a predicted 36 (with 20 points on HL) and predicted As on tok and ee (3 points)
Any suggestions on which one offers a better program/ is more suitable for me according to my grades? Thank you all!
:smile:
Original post by mgoudarz
Hi everyone!

I am an IB student that wants to study IR in the UK
My choices as of today are:
-Warwick (Politics and International Studies) 36 points
-Exeter (International Relations) 34-36 points
-Birmingham University (International Relations and Political Science) 32-36 points
-Queen Mary (International Relations) 32 points
I have one more choice and its between Sheffield, York and Sussex.. I really can’t decide between -Sheffied (International Relations and Politics) 35 points or -York (Politics with International Relations) 34 points

I have a predicted 36 (with 20 points on HL) and predicted As on tok and ee (3 points)
Any suggestions on which one offers a better program/ is more suitable for me according to my grades? Thank you all!
:smile:

Well you should maybe look at the course content and see which suits your interests more, but Sheffield tends to be one of the top rated politics depts in the country.
Reply 62
Does anyone know if the scottish Universities (Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Stirling) have send out offers yet? I know that St. Andrews doesn't send out offers until after the deadline in January.

I'm a student from Germany, made my Abitur with 2.2 (I just meet the entry requirements/slightly better) but I'm on a gap year, first 6 months in Israel, then 6 months in Slovakia. Any guesses how my chances are?
Reply 63
I applied to:
-PPE at Oxford (and got rejected:tongue:)
-PPE at Durham (the only thing I know about that one is that it has not yet been received by a college)
-Politics and International relations at Sheffield (I have an offer)
-International relations at St Andrews (and know nothing yet)
-International relations at LSE (I still know nothing)
Reply 64
Original post by MaryM
Does anyone know if the scottish Universities (Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Stirling) have send out offers yet? I know that St. Andrews doesn't send out offers until after the deadline in January.

St Andrews also told me they would probably not send a response until the 15th January. But I know a girl who applied to International relations with Sociology and she already has an offer...
Just got rejected from Durham yesterday.
Gutted =[
Reply 66
Sending mine off on Jan 5th/6th, I hope. It'll be late, which worries me...
Reply 67
Anyone heard from Leicester yet? I am so bored of waiting, it's been bloody months! Would it be a bit cheeky to email and ask when I can expect a response?
Original post by toasteh
Sending mine off on Jan 5th/6th, I hope. It'll be late, which worries me...

Isn't the deadline March or something?
Reply 69
Original post by Stalin
Isn't the deadline March or something?

It's something like January 15th, I think... Or at least I'e been told. BTW, I meant late within the deadline before.
Original post by toasteh
It's something like January 15th, I think... Or at least I'e been told. BTW, I meant late within the deadline before.

I'll need to send my application away soonish then.

Where are you applying to?
Reply 71
Original post by Stalin
I'll need to send my application away soonish then.

Where are you applying to?

Sheffield, Nottingham, Leicester, Liverpool and Birmingham. Subject to change, however...
Thought I would liven the thread up before it becomes obsolete :smile:

Is there any Nottingham offer holders going to the visit day in March? Or anyone going to the ones this and next month who can tell me whether or not I should bother going? :biggrin:
anyone know when UCAS opens up again ?
Reply 74
Applied about three days ago. I'm terrified...
Reply 75
Original post by cookiecrisp
I got the same grades as you and also hope the extended project will be looked on favourably by Warwick XD good luck!

well I recently got an offer, have you heard anything yet??
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm going stir crazy waiting for this Leeds response on Politics and Parliamentary Studies! >.<
I'm getting so inpatient with Sheffield and Birmingham! Gah!
Original post by yahyahyahs
Thought I would liven the thread up before it becomes obsolete :smile:

Is there any Nottingham offer holders going to the visit day in March? Or anyone going to the ones this and next month who can tell me whether or not I should bother going? :biggrin:

There are visit days this and next month? I tried to book me in for one, but it says on the application portal that there are no available atm. Does that mean there all booked out? I'd love to visit the Politics Department, before I make my final decision.
Original post by Jim Pansen
There are visit days this and next month? I tried to book me in for one, but it says on the application portal that there are no available atm. Does that mean there all booked out? I'd love to visit the Politics Department, before I make my final decision.

I don't think the booking thing on the portal works, there's an email on the letter. Argh, I wish I could go, but it all depends if I pass my driving test!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending