The Student Room Group

Track is working now! but... :/

Just thought some may like to know.

Basically, my application was sent off on Friday. I have not recieved my welcome letter and probably won't for ages. But I was told tha ti can still try logging in to track using my personal ID.
However I have tried, and even gone on request password/find personal ID etc, and this message keeps coming up
Unfortunately we cannot identify your account details using the email address you have supplied. This could be because it does not match the address on your account, or more than one account matches the email address.

Is this because it's not been recieved by Ucas yet or something? The reason I'm so impatient is because i want to change a choice, and with it being xmas etc. I don't know when that letter will arrive, and i only have 2 weeks....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Go check in Apply that you didn't misspell your email address.
Reply 2
Sometimes the Number isn't your Personal ID Number

once you get acknowledgement emails you know track is working. The emails should come in soon. They'll also have your ID Number on it so you don't have to wait for the mail. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by i.am.lost
Go check in Apply that you didn't misspell your email address.

I had thought of that, but I have a printed version of my form and all details are correct
Reply 4
Original post by Daniel-Ballingall
Sometimes the Number isn't your Personal ID Number

once you get acknowledgement emails you know track is working. The emails should come in soon. They'll also have your ID Number on it so you don't have to wait for the mail. :smile:

Yeah, but in another thread someone (although they could be wrong) said that it's usually the same, and it changes if you apply again or something?
But if i was requesting my personal ID, by typing in my email, surely that would work? Unless they haven't processed it.

Sorry, do you mean acknowledgement emails from each uni? and I don't know if any will reply as it's the christmas period...
And i'm slightly worried about this 2 week deadline!!
Reply 5
I guess all you can do is wait for the letter (in case they changed your ID, which I know it can).
Reply 6
Original post by supernova92
Yeah, but in another thread someone (although they could be wrong) said that it's usually the same, and it changes if you apply again or something?
But if i was requesting my personal ID, by typing in my email, surely that would work? Unless they haven't processed it.

Sorry, do you mean acknowledgement emails from each uni? and I don't know if any will reply as it's the christmas period...
And i'm slightly worried about this 2 week deadline!!

Ohhrite. Well yeah they normally are. But I guess they sometimes change?
My friend's applying again and he's using the same ID number.. which is odd. :tongue:
I think your Track isn't set-up yet. Just give it a bit more time, it will happen soon :biggrin:
Uhmm I'm pretty sure you'll get atleast one this week.. it wouldn't surprise me if it's an automated thing and they just send an email when an application comes in.

:biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by Daniel-Ballingall
Ohhrite. Well yeah they normally are. But I guess they sometimes change?
My friend's applying again and he's using the same ID number.. which is odd. :tongue:
I think your Track isn't set-up yet. Just give it a bit more time, it will happen soon :biggrin:
Uhmm I'm pretty sure you'll get atleast one this week.. it wouldn't surprise me if it's an automated thing and they just send an email when an application comes in.

:biggrin:

Probably then! I guess I overestimated how quickly it might be set up :lol:

Original post by i.am.lost
I guess all you can do is wait for the letter (in case they changed your ID, which I know it can).

Okay, thanks :smile:
Reply 8
Your application won't have been processed yet. It's a busy time of year as everyone is trying to send theirs before the holidays. You need to allow 24-48 hours, but Sunday won't count. Try again tomorrow night or Tuesday morning.

Your UCAS number only changes if you have applied through UCAS before. Then it reverts to your old one.
Reply 9
You have to wait until your application has been fully processed before you can log onto track, it took two days for mine too
Reply 10
Have you seen this it's on the track page
Maintenance message: 17 - 20 December
Track will be unavailable from 18:00 on 17 December until 08:00 on 20 December (UK time) while we carry out scheduled maintenance. The iPhone app will also be unavailable during this time. We apologise for any inconvenience caused
Guys, just a quick question.

My brother started a degree 2 years ago however, this year he decided he didn't want to carry on (personal reasons). Anyway, this year he's applying again for a nursing degree. He hasn't however, started anything application wise. What does he need to do? He's confused as to whether or not he can use UCAS like he did for his first degree. Also if so, will he have to change his personal statement/reference?
Reply 12
Original post by Pavan05
Have you seen this it's on the track page
Maintenance message: 17 - 20 December
Track will be unavailable from 18:00 on 17 December until 08:00 on 20 December (UK time) while we carry out scheduled maintenance. The iPhone app will also be unavailable during this time. We apologise for any inconvenience caused

Yes i had.... :rolleyes: However it had been resolved and was back to normal earlier than was expected, so i thought people may like to know, despite what the message (which hadn't been changed yet) said....
Reply 13
Original post by Juno
Your application won't have been processed yet. It's a busy time of year as everyone is trying to send theirs before the holidays. You need to allow 24-48 hours, but Sunday won't count. Try again tomorrow night or Tuesday morning.

Your UCAS number only changes if you have applied through UCAS before. Then it reverts to your old one.

Thanks for this, I just wasn't sure how long it takes to process it :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by pinda.college
Guys, just a quick question.

My brother started a degree 2 years ago however, this year he decided he didn't want to carry on (personal reasons). Anyway, this year he's applying again for a nursing degree. He hasn't however, started anything application wise. What does he need to do? He's confused as to whether or not he can use UCAS like he did for his first degree. Also if so, will he have to change his personal statement/reference?

I think you're better off starting a new thread with your question... :smile:
Reply 15
I'm pretty sure it's because UCAS hasn't processed your application yet & hence you're not on Track yet.. Check Apply, it should tell you whether UCAS has processed your application yet or not..
Original post by xPixie
I'm pretty sure it's because UCAS hasn't processed your application yet & hence you're not on Track yet.. Check Apply, it should tell you whether UCAS has processed your application yet or not..

I thought that but when I click on Apply it says it hasn't been processed yet, but I can log into Track... so it didn't change for me.
Reply 17
Original post by bex_1_2_1
I thought that but when I click on Apply it says it hasn't been processed yet, but I can log into Track... so it didn't change for me.

Yeah that's what happened to me.. I couldn't actually log onto Track till after I got my Welcome letter thing :s-smilie:
Original post by xPixie
Yeah that's what happened to me.. I couldn't actually log onto Track till after I got my Welcome letter thing :s-smilie:

I've logged onto Track fine... I haven't received my letter yet either. I'm getting really impatient already lol When did you apply?
Reply 19
Original post by bex_1_2_1
I've logged onto Track fine... I haven't received my letter yet either. I'm getting really impatient already lol When did you apply?

Hehe, I applied quite a while ago.. Sent my UCAS off early Oct, UCAS processed it on the 7th Oct :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending