The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alicebytemperley
Because we're talking about the terms 'fat' and 'curvy', not about whether she's pretty.

Fine then, she's not strictly curvy as such, since that's the whole big boobs, small waist, wide hips thing, but she's hardly fat, and I wouldn't say there's that much wrong with her figure. And she is prettier than some skinny models.
Original post by basketofsnakes
****ing media putting the idea in fatties' heads that this = curvy

The media idealises the image of the "size zero woman" which just serves to make women think that they are not good enough, not slim enough, not pretty enough and not appealing to men - when they actually are.

In all honesty, I prefer women like the one in the picture you posted, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

The problem is with superficial men such as yourself who believe it is their birth-right to have sex with reams and reams of catwalk models, and it is because of people like you that the male gender are scrutinised by women for being unfaithful pricks.

Word up.
Original post by FormerlyFrisbeeFan
As someone who is genuinely curvy (ie. I have an hourglass figure - tiny waist, decent sized boobs, and wide hips) - it is rather annoying that women are are overweight just use it as a euphemism. It means I can't describe myself as curvy any more, because people would just think I'm fat. I've been overweight in the past, and hated it, but I never tried to describe myself as something that I wasn't.

Digits?
Original post by basketofsnakes
****ing media putting the idea in fatties' heads that this = curvy

this is what a 'real woman' actually is by today's standards.

sad.

"plus size model"?

lmao what a joke

The awful thing is that she would probably actually be quite good looking if she wasn't so fat >.<
leave her alone, she is a 'plus size' model, and a proper one, just because you can't see all her bones sticking out doen't mean she's not really pretty, plus size model should be that size, they shouldn't be stick figure with a slight belly, they should be bigger then average women- FYI the average women is not size 4 like most models the uk average is more 12/14

so get a life and focus on your own body rather then someone elses!
Original post by blue acre
Digits?

Do you mean my measurements? If so then mine are 35-26-36, and I'm five foot 6.
I'd do her.
Original post by Leighthesim
leave her alone, she is a 'plus size' model, and a proper one, just because you can't see all her bones sticking out doen't mean she's not really pretty, plus size model should be that size, they shouldn't be stick figure with a slight belly, they should be bigger then average women- FYI the average women is not size 4 like most models the uk average is more 12/14

so get a life and focus on your own body rather then someone elses!

Bones sticking out=ugly.
Fat to the point you can't recognize breasts from chest fat=ugly.

ANything in between is fine.
She's beautiful! Plus chubby, fat, curvy, what does it matter? Curvy is universally attractive, fat is universally disgusting? God help you if that's what it is.

This thing of 'real women'- how stupid. Every woman is a real woman. I think most people take 'real women' to mean 'women I would deign to find attractive'- so demeaning!!
Original post by FormerlyFrisbeeFan
Do you mean my measurements? If so then mine are 35-26-36, and I'm five foot 6.

Face or tits?
Reply 150
Original post by philistine

This is curvy:

This however, is fat:

Also; give each of these fat women the chance to be slim and beautiful (figure-wise) if they simply clicked their fingers. Guess how many would click their fingers?

Thank you for your time.

Personally I think the original model looks a lot better than the picture you posted, mainly because she looks all in proportion.

Anyway, I dont think the original girl looks fat at all. She is sitting in an awkward position which just enhances her tummy. If she was stood up straight Im betting she'd look a lot different and it would be a more flattering photo.
Do not want
A size 6 woman can have curves and a size 14 woman can have curves as well. It depends on fat distribution.

However, this woman is unhealthy and overweight. This just presents itself as a green light to overweight people that its ok to be unhealthy. She is damaging herself just as the 'people who want to be thin'.
Again, where is the happy medium?
Reply 153
Original post by Little_My
A size 6 woman can have curves and a size 14 woman can have curves as well. It depends on fat distribution.

However, this woman is unhealthy and overweight. This just presents itself as a green light to overweight people that its ok to be unhealthy. She is damaging herself just as the 'people who want to be thin'.
Again, where is the happy medium?

How do you know she is unhealthy though. Do you know her BMI and all her medical details?
Reply 154
Isnt the average dress size of women in the UK a size 16 or something now?.
Original post by tbm
How do you know she is unhealthy though. Do you know her BMI and all her medical details?

Judging from the picture, I can guess she has a BMI over 25. Which is overweight and therefore unhealthy.

But I'm not judging her specifically, just what that image and her quote will say to the growing number of overweight people.
she more chubby (boarderline fat)
Original post by SpiritedAway
We don't know she is unhealthy though, we're not her doctor. It's said before, size =/= how healthy someone is. Yes, if someone is obese, they are probably unhealthy. I am a size 14, and I can keep up with my brother in sports, namely running (he is in the army and trained by them), I eat extremely healthily, and I am a healthy person, yet, I am overweight. Likewise, someone who is skinny, does not mean they are healthy.

Haha at you judging how healthy someone is by if you can run fast enough to keep up with your brother!
No doubt you will get long term problems, such as joint pains and problems from too much pressure, increased risk of heart diseases, diabetes etc etc, I could go on.

Stop trying to justify your weight and pretending it's ok with your "it won't happen to me" attitude you probably have regarding the risks. The fact you are still like that shows you still think that.

I hate people putting strain on the NHS through entirely preventable things like as what you will inevitably ask to be helped with.
Reply 158
Who gives a ****?
Original post by my_username_was_taken
Haha at you judging how healthy someone is by if you can run fast enough to keep up with your brother!
No doubt you will get long term problems, such as joint pains and problems from too much pressure, increased risk of heart diseases, diabetes etc etc, I could go on.

Stop trying to justify your weight and pretending it's ok with your "it won't happen to me" attitude you probably have regarding the risks. The fact you are still like that shows you still think that.

I hate people putting strain on the NHS through entirely preventable things like as what you will inevitably ask to be helped with.

:facepalm: read my post again.

Latest

Trending

Trending