The Student Room Group

How many pressies do your parents give you?

So i've been talking to a few people (teens like myself (19), and they say on average at Christmas they get like 10-12 gifts from the parents Which i'm a little shocked at, because I usually get between 30 and 40 (I thought this was normal) :confused:

So are they just not as spoilt, or is it about normal?

How many do you guys get? I'm curious now! It's not something I considered before.

Wow, who knew people could be so negative! :rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Lol wut. I get like 2 gifts to unwrap plus a bit of money...

Edit: I'm 20 btw. This has been the arrangement since I was 14/15.
0 usually. Maybe one small one if I'm lucky.
this year I've asked for 5 books/dvds and a bag :|
Reply 4
Depends on the cost of the presents.

If I'm getting one single expensive thing like an iPod, I'll get that alone.
If there's nothing in particular I'd like, it's several little things, like CDs, books, DVDs etc.
Original post by CookieDoughLove
So i've been talking to a few people (teens like myself (19), and they say on average at Christmas they get like 10-12 gifts from the parents Which i'm a little shocked at, because I usually get between 30 and 40 (I thought this was normal) :confused:

So are they just not as spoilt, or is it about normal?

How many do you guys get? I'm curious now! It's not something I considered before.

30 :eek::eek::eek: or do you include the stocken filler etc

Normally one main pressent + 10/15 normal ones (Pandora charms, perfume, iphone cases, books, dvds etc)

Last year i got a car well an IOU for one so i could pick but same thing + perfume, clothes and jewellery.

This year its a surprise gulp

LMAO at all the people negging me - by god do you guys not have something better to do than complain about what other people get for xmas
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
A lot, but not as much as you OP...:colonhash:
Reply 7
Maybe about 10. I think it was about 15 last year but I got more smaller ones. I think I'll have less this year as I've asked for a new TV so it will be that and a few pressies. I much rather get pressies than money.
Reply 8
About 4-6 now days.
(edited 13 years ago)
About 5-6 at most. I'm OK with that though, my parents aren't made of money so it's nice to get some gifts even if they aren't iPods or whatever.
Lol, it's threads like this that make me realise how poor I am.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
It would vary but not that much. You get 30-40 from your parents alone?

Yes. But i'm not like Dudley :lol: my Dad gets the same in return though! So it's not a one way thing. :smile:
Reply 12
I'm not joking but I read the title of this thinking what the hell because I thought it said pussies instead of pressies. :eek:
i don't count.
Usually one main pressie, think its a camera this year, then about 25 other smaller pressies plus whatevers in my stocking.
Original post by I'm_Unsafe.

Sorry :frown: I was just curious!
Original post by brokenangel
30 :eek::eek::eek: or do you include the stocken filler etc

Normally one main pressent + 10/15 normal ones (Pandora charms, perfume, iphone cases, books, dvds etc)

Last year i got a car well an IOU for one so i could pick but same thing + perfume, clothes and jewellery.

This year its a surprise gulp

You don't sound too enthusiastic :p: not like surprises then?
What the freak. 30 - 40?
I normally get one big 'un, like a phone, or console, and like 3 or 4 other things, books/dvds etc.
My god. 30 - 40. Seriously?
Original post by I'm_Unsafe.

Nothing wrong with that, xmas isnt meant to be about the pressents anyway
I've got about 6 under the tree atm, will get a few small things in my stocking, not expecting much because they are paying for me to go to Berlin in July.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending